Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

SvR2010 Roster Hack - Adding older game models

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
snyperstyle
advanced

Re: SvR2010 Roster Hack - Adding older game models

Post by snyperstyle »

The Wrestling Machine baby!!!!! Brienj thanks for reading my letter to santa you have brought holiday cheer to this under privileged inner city youth lol. Merry Xmas!!
brienj
VIP member
VIP member

Post by brienj »

RVD is now added!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYx1g7K7DWg

BTW, see, I can fix any glitch on the models, once I figure it out. A simple texture fix on RVD and he isn't bald. ;)

After I made this video, I did a quick color change on his singlet to try out.

Click on them to enlarge:
ahon
n00b

Post by ahon »

Can you use that 2007 hogan that chroxx made to Hollywood (from the other post) as a hack character????
coroner
n00b

Post by coroner »

brienj wrote:Kurt Angle selection pic now added to game, in my video I didn't have one, now I do. :)

Click on it to enlarge:
What dir/folder are the character menu pics located in 07 & 08? I've extracted the entire iso, and they must be in another format than dat/dds.

I can easily find them in 09/LOW & 10.
snyperstyle
advanced

Post by snyperstyle »

we couldnt find those so brienj just created his own
coroner
n00b

Post by coroner »

snyperstyle wrote:we couldnt find those so brienj just created his own
As in screen capture from the 07 menu?
brienj
VIP member
VIP member

Post by brienj »

Yeah, and is was a pain in the ass to do. That's the last one I make. :D

I haven't found them in 2007 either, so anybody that wants to make them for the 2007 guys, go ahead, I can use them and add them in. ;)

No, I got the base pic from some dudes page with all the 2007-2010 wrestlers' full body pictures, I don't have it bookmarked on my laptop, can't give a link right now. The reason it was a pain, is that the background was white, and not some off color, like pink or purple, so I couldn't do a bucket fill or color replace for the white. I had to get an alpha channel made, so the background was transparent, or it looked like crap. ;)
coroner
n00b

Post by coroner »

brienj wrote:

I haven't found them in 2007 either, so anybody that wants to make them for the 2007 guys, go ahead, I can use them and add them in. ;)

No, I got the base pic from some dudes page with all the 2007-2010 wrestlers' full body pictures, I don't have it bookmarked on my laptop, can't give a link right now. The reason it was a pain, is that the background was white, and not some off color, like pink or purple, so I couldn't do a bucket fill or color replace for the white. I had to get an alpha channel made, so the background was transparent, or it looked like crap. ;)
I'm already trying to make some menu pics for guys like Goldberg, Sting and Lesnar, in the event that we can do some texture replacement...I'll try to make as many 07 and 08 guys as I can that aren't in 09-10.

let me know the exact format ect you want them saved in...since i'm not exactly sure what you needed to do to the image to insert them into your game.

here's a hogan i made with an alpha channel, let me know if this will work.
Last edited by coroner on Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brienj
VIP member
VIP member

Post by brienj »

coroner wrote:
brienj wrote:

I'm already trying to make some menu pics for guys like Goldberg, Sting and Lesnar, in the event that we can do some texture replacement...I'll try to make as many 07 and 08 guys as I can that aren't in 09-10.

let me know the exact format ect you want them saved in...since i'm not exactly sure what you needed to do to the image to insert them into your game.

here's a hogan i made with an alpha channel, let me know if this will work.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MWCWWNFO
I don't have Photoshop on my laptop, will check it when I get home. I never anticipated having to have it on here. :D

Just extract the selection pics out of DLC_HD.pac on 2010 and you can see the exact size the three have to be and what each one should look like. I think I had to customize my bms script to automatically rename those ones to .dds, look in the folder 100 after extraction and see if the three files have the dds extension, if they don't, then add it, and you'll have three examples for the Rock. Do the same for the other folders 101 and down to see other examples. It's using an alpha channel to make the outline transparent. Remember, three textures, one of a full body shot 256x512, one of a 3/4 shot 256x512, and one of mostly the head 256x256. ;)

Oh, and I don't need Hogan, unless you mean Hollywood Hogan or something. ;)

Edit: The sizes have been corrected.
Last edited by brienj on Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coroner
n00b

Post by coroner »

Just extract the selection pics out of DLC_HD.pac on 2010 and you can see the exact size the three have to be and what each one should look like. I think I had to customize my bms script to automatically rename those ones to .dds, look in the folder 100 after extraction and see if the three files have the dds extension, if they don't, then add it, and you'll have three examples for the Rock. Do the same for the other folders 101 and down to see other examples. It's using an alpha channel to make the outline transparent. Remember, three textures, one of a full body shot 512x512, one of a 3/4 shot 512x512, and one of mostly the head 512x256. ;)

This Hogan is from the 07 menu, (found character art for 07) but probably can make it into Hollywood if this works out ok.

Checked the Rock dds files but used DLC_SD as a reference when I did the Hogan (the HD images look distorted/stretched), and they show up on SD as = 256x256 waist up/head shot, 256x512 full body shot, and a 256x512 stretched 3/4 shot...so the one I gave you is the 256x512 full body....but the size is easy to fix.

I noticed that the Angle picture you put in the menu matches the size of the other menu characters, while other images you put in from LOW are much larger in comparison, so whatever overall size the Angle pic was seems right on.

Some people probably don't care if it's perfect, but i'm picky that way. :wink:

I also saved this pic as a psd, because it allowed me to keep the outlined alpha channel,and you probably can still save it to whatever format works for you (couldn't figure out which NVIDIA dds settings to use).
brienj
VIP member
VIP member

Post by brienj »

coroner wrote:
Just extract the selection pics out of DLC_HD.pac on 2010 and you can see the exact size the three have to be and what each one should look like. I think I had to customize my bms script to automatically rename those ones to .dds, look in the folder 100 after extraction and see if the three files have the dds extension, if they don't, then add it, and you'll have three examples for the Rock. Do the same for the other folders 101 and down to see other examples. It's using an alpha channel to make the outline transparent. Remember, three textures, one of a full body shot 512x512, one of a 3/4 shot 512x512, and one of mostly the head 512x256. ;)

This Hogan is from the 07 menu, (found character art for 07) but probably can make it into Hollywood if this works out ok.

Checked the Rock dds files but used DLC_SD as a reference when I did the Hogan (the HD images look distorted/stretched), and they show up on SD as = 256x256 waist up/head shot, 256x512 full body shot, and a 256x512 stretched 3/4 shot...so the one I gave you is the 256x512 full body....but the size is easy to fix.

I noticed that the Angle picture you put in the menu matches the size of the other menu characters, while other images you put in from LOW are much larger in comparison, so whatever overall size the Angle pic was seems right on.

I also saved this pic as a psd, because it allowed me to keep the outlined alpha channel,and you probably can still save it to whatever format works for you (couldn't figure out which NVIDIA dds settings to use).
You are correct on the sizes, I accidently doubled the widths when I posted that, I posted in a hurry. I will fix that post. :)

The reason the LOW pics look big is that is how they are in the DLC_HD.pac file in LOW, and I am using them straight from that pac file, so I didn't have to rebuild a whole new one. They are EXACTLY the same size as the 2010 pics. It is just the way they made the pics. ;)

I really don't understand the problem with those selection pics, it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. :mrgreen:

If you make up some selection pics, it might inspire me to go ahead and rebuild a new pac file, but I need EVERYBODY, from 2007 - 2008 not in 2010 included in the package of pics. If you make new LOW pics, you have to make them for EVERYONE in LOW. You don't have to worry about 2009, I can use the pre-made ones.

After the pac file is rebuilt one time, it is a pain in the ass to have to rebuild it again, understand? And also, I have not filled all the slots I am going to fill, so I do not necessarily know the "wrestler number" that each extra person is going to be assigned. It's easy to pre-assign the 2009 and LOW ones, because they have assigned numbers already that coincide with the 2010 format. However, 2007 and 2008 use a different numbering scheme and I have to arbitrarily make up new numbers for them. ;)

Edit: After thinking about it, I think I will just decompress all the selection pics and make a new pac file for 303 slots. It will make the pac file pretty big, but I can insert the pics as I get them from you, and as I insert each wrestler into the game. Don't worry, if they are in my hack, you will get full credit for making them. Thanks.
coroner
n00b

Post by coroner »

brienj wrote:
coroner wrote:

You are correct on the sizes, I accidently doubled the widths when I posted that, I posted in a hurry. I will fix that post. :)

The reason the LOW pics look big is that is how they are in the DLC_HD.pac file in LOW, and I am using them straight from that pac file, so I didn't have to rebuild a whole new one. They are EXACTLY the same size as the 2010 pics. It is just the way they made the pics. ;)

I really don't understand the problem with those selection pics, it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. :mrgreen:

If you make up some selection pics, it might inspire me to go ahead and rebuild a new pac file, but I need EVERYBODY, from 2007 - 2008 not in 2010 included in the package of pics. If you make new LOW pics, you have to make them for EVERYONE in LOW. You don't have to worry about 2009, I can use the pre-made ones.

After the pac file is rebuilt one time, it is a pain in the ass to have to rebuild it again, understand? And also, I have not filled all the slots I am going to fill, so I do not necessarily know the "wrestler number" that each extra person is going to be assigned. It's easy to pre-assign the 2009 and LOW ones, because they have assigned numbers already that coincide with the 2010 format. However, 2007 and 2008 use a different numbering scheme and I have to arbitrarily make up new numbers for them. ;)

Edit: After thinking about it, I think I will just decompress all the selection pics and make a new pac file for 303 slots. It will make the pac file pretty big, but I can insert the pics as I get them from you, and as I insert each wrestler into the game. Don't worry, if they are in my hack, you will get full credit for making them. Thanks.
So i assume eveything was ok then with the psd file...if so I'll start making them.

If you want to PM me any specifics like, where you want me to send the files as i finish them or anything else.

There are some pics from 07 that i haven't been able to find like masked Kane, but i might be able to take a screen shot, and work with what i can from that image.
brienj
VIP member
VIP member

Post by brienj »

coroner wrote: So i assume eveything was ok then with the psd file...if so I'll start making them.

If you want to PM me any specifics like, where you want me to send the files as i finish them or anything else.

There are some pics from 07 that i haven't been able to find like masked Kane, but i might be able to take a screen shot, and work with what i can from that image.
Well, actually I said I didn't have Photoshop on my laptop, so I hadn't had the time to look at it yet, and now I am on my computer, so I can look at it. :)

Ok, that looks perfect. BTW, is everybody stealing their internet access, is that why nobody has any webpsace? Or is your ISP crap? :D

Man I hate filesharing places. :lol:
JBP
advanced

Post by JBP »

My ISP sucks lol.
ahon
n00b

Post by ahon »

brienj wrote:
coroner wrote: So i assume eveything was ok then with the psd file...if so I'll start making them.

Well, actually I said I didn't have Photoshop on my laptop, so I hadn't had the time to look at it yet, and now I am on my computer, so I can look at it. :)

Ok, that looks perfect. BTW, is everybody stealing their internet access, is that why nobody has any webpsace? Or is your ISP crap? :D

Man I hate filesharing places. :lol:
can you give me an example of a webspace so I can send it to you?