Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

smackdown vs raw 2010

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
FatalArms
advanced

Re: smackdown vs raw 2010

Post by FatalArms »

Nice!

I'm busy with in-laws overrunning my house all weekend. No time for play :(
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

FatalArms wrote:Nice!

I'm busy with in-laws overrunning my house all weekend. No time for play :(
Lol! They're your family, dude. Don't tell my you don't play with your family... :D
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

I think the colours for transparency are very specific each 16th colour in the palette. Also, you must save bitmaps with reverse order than standard (because standard bmps save the data upside down), and most programs have this option before you save.

It could be that when you save a bmp using photoshop and all the transparency values are 0 (as in my case, I have yet to find a plugin that can retain the 4th byte in my palette!!! brienj?), the game detects an error.
brienj
VIP member
VIP member

Post by brienj »

Mr.Mouse wrote:I think the colours for transparency are very specific each 16th colour in the palette. Also, you must save bitmaps with reverse order than standard (because standard bmps save the data upside down), and most programs have this option before you save.

It could be that when you save a bmp using photoshop and all the transparency values are 0 (as in my case, I have yet to find a plugin that can retain the 4th byte in my palette!!! brienj?), the game detects an error.
I don't know if this will work for sure, but it has a lot of advanced options for BMP files. Sorry about last time I came home, I forgot about you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Thanks, but the problem is the same. If you want to save as an 8-bit. indexed BMP (what we need) then the palette is 32-bit per colour, but the last byte is always 0 and not the actual alpha value of that colour. In the game the palette format is B G R A , but if you want to have alpha channels in Photoshop (and BMP) you can't have a palette and each pixel has his own alpha.
plodtrew
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by plodtrew »

First off, Mr Mouse, thanks for the ptexplorer tool. It is freaking amazing!!! :]

I've been able to import textures into the game and apply to created wrestlers with no issues.

The only problem is that that when you try to edit the texture with the in game paint tool, the pallette gets messed up. However applying the texture ingame shows no graphical errors.

I am using paint.net to create bmp files. It loses the tranparency though. To overcome this, I selct the colour in ptexplorer and manually set the alpha to 0.

Once again thank you for your hard work in creating this amazing tool.

Paint tool:

nwo Version:

Red and yellow version:

in game:

Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Excellent! :D Thanks a bundle for your post, man! I'll update the program some more soon. It can now also save and load palettes, that should help.

[EDIT] After re-reading your post, it would seem that you don't need to use the build in palettes in painttool, right? You can create any picture with any palette, edit the alpha in PTExplorer and it works perfectly in-game?
plodtrew
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by plodtrew »

I havent tried editing the textures with the ingame paint tool at all and edit it on the pc instead.

I didnt give any consideration to which palette was being used, only thing I did was to save the file as bmp8 in paint.net and set tranparencies in ptexplorer.

As I said though the image looks messed up if you try to edit it in using the in game paint tool, but appears fine in the tumbnail previews and when used in game.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

That is great news then! :D That gives you guys much more freedom to create whatever you wish, and you are not bound to any specific in-game palette. :up:
FatalArms
advanced

Post by FatalArms »

plodtrew wrote:only thing I did was to save the file as bmp8 in paint.net and set tranparencies in ptexplorer.
Hmmm. I'm trying this, but I get "Slot 4 not loaded with new file" in PTExplorer.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

The accepted image resolution is 128x128 or 256x256.
FatalArms
advanced

Post by FatalArms »

Mr.Mouse wrote:The accepted image resolution is 128x128 or 256x256.
Aha! I did have that wrong on the image I was trying to bring in. Figures. Works now :)

I really like this bit of info, plodtrew! I find it makes it simpler to get tattoos to look right too. I sometimes had trouble with getting them to come out dark enough after putting them through the in-game paint tool. If you just bypass the in-game paint tool entirely, it's simple.
FatalArms
advanced

Post by FatalArms »

Plodtrew, I've noticed that the face morphing still matters quite a bit in importing the faces over a CAW. Did you spend a long time "perfecting" Hogan before applying the paint tool logo to his face? If not, do you have any tips in making the paint tool logos more realistic than mine?

For example's sake, here's a vid of me playing around with a David Bowie paint tool face. I haven't done any morphing at all on the default face(s), so the guy doesn't look a thing like Bowie even though the logo on its own does.

http://www.stormclad.com/bowie.avi
plodtrew
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by plodtrew »

@fatalarms, You have to get a solid morphing first before you can apply the texture.
FatalArms
advanced

Post by FatalArms »

I took the time to do a video tutorial on this today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvMMlfinY7k