Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

smackdown vs raw 2010

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Re: smackdown vs raw 2010

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Nice, just thought to show them here. Anyway, I still need some answers to my questions. :keke:
pt01.jpg
pt02.jpg
pt05.jpg
pt07.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
snyperstyle
advanced

Post by snyperstyle »

fatal those are sick!!! hope you have characters on live for download
FatalArms
advanced

Post by FatalArms »

Mr.Mouse wrote:Okay, so maybe I got this all wrong. The number of colours in one picture is obviously limited to 256, judging from the palette. But the RGB values of the palette can be anything, right? The game does not care about that? Or will each slot have the same palette you create?
Honestly I'm not sure. (I'm good enough with graphics to fumble my way around, but it's not my area of expertise.) I'm going to share something with you that seems like evidence that the game expects the same 256 colors every time, though.

I imported Brock's sword tattoo, flesh and all, into the game. To do this I used one of the exported bmp files, set it to 16 million colors, pasted the tat over that one, then decreased it back to 256 colors. It still looked pretty good in PSP, since PSP picked which 256 colors to keep. So far so good, right?

When I got it into the game, it looked like a dog had vomited up pixelated Atari colors all over the place. The sword was more or less discernible, but it was nowhere near good enough to use.

FWIW, I'm using PTExplorer 0.1.4.
Last edited by FatalArms on Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FatalArms
advanced

Post by FatalArms »

snyperstyle wrote:fatal those are sick!!! hope you have characters on live for download
Unfortunately I no longer have Live. What can I do to help you out? If I posted bitmaps or save files, could you use them?
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

FatalArms wrote:
Mr.Mouse wrote:Okay, so maybe I got this all wrong. The number of colours in one picture is obviously limited to 256, judging from the palette. But the RGB values of the palette can be anything, right? The game does not care about that? Or will each slot have the same palette you create?
Honestly I'm not sure. (I'm good enough with graphics to fumble my way around, but it's not my area of expertise.) I'm going to share something with you that seems like evidence that the game expects the same 256 colors every time, though.

I imported Brock's sword tattoo, flesh and all, into the game. To do this I used one of the exported bmp files, set it to 16 million colors, pasted the tat over that one, then decreased it back to 256 colors. It still looked pretty good in PSP, since PSP picked which 256 colors to keep. So far so good, right?

When I got it into the game, it looked like a dog had vomited up pixelated Atari colors all over the place. The sword was more or less discernible, but it was nowhere near good enough to use.

Definitely helpful. Can you upload the one that got screwed up in the game? Did it look ok to you in PTExplorer?
FatalArms
advanced

Post by FatalArms »

It looks fine in PTExplorer.

Here it is, exported back out of PTExplorer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FatalArms
advanced

Post by FatalArms »

Here's what that looks like in-game:

FatalArms
advanced

Post by FatalArms »

This one was exported from my game save just now. It has been changed in-game and saved. Still looks fine in PTExplorer, but looks horrid in the game.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Indeed. I took the palette from one of the other textures from a .pt file and replaced the one in the BrockSword of yours.
Here's what I got (look familiar?)
BrockSword_pal.png
So it seems the game does not care about the palette (it has a standard one). Does the game first nag that there's something corrupted? And that it will resave the file? I may be that it resets the palette as well at that time.

Can you actively change the palette in the PaintTool? I notice a palette on screen, can you change any of them colours? It says "NORMAL PALETTE", are there others?

Here's your sword back, I think that one will show okay in PaintTool. I opened a picture with the correct palette then copied your image onto that image (Photoshop then looks for the most closest colour before copying).
BrockSword_stdpal.7z
FatalArms
advanced

Post by FatalArms »

Wow, that's much better. Although it is...blinking

Yes, it does say it's corrupted and asks you to save.

Here's a vid I created to show you what it looks like now. This also shows you what happens when you cycle through the various palettes in Paint Tool.

zipped video file here
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Haha awesome. I don't have an XBox and not even the game, so I have no way of testing stuff in game. That sort of video is great !
So, all in all, you have the option to cycle through a number of palettes, but once chosen one, you are stuck with it for that image, that slot right?

Can you save images in each of the possible palettes (say slot 0 to whatever the number of palettes is?).

As for the blinking colours, can you tell which colour that must be? Is that an option in the game tool? Do the colours blink when on a character as well?
FatalArms
advanced

Post by FatalArms »

Mr.Mouse wrote:Haha awesome. I don't have an XBox and not even the game, so I have no way of testing stuff in game. That sort of video is great !
You rock for helping us all out even though you don't have the game :)
So, all in all, you have the option to cycle through a number of palettes, but once chosen one, you are stuck with it for that image, that slot right?
Kinda. You can switch back to the normal palette if you want to, it'll just change the look of the image. If you want to, you can copy the image to a different slot and change the palette in that new slot so you can have multiple versions of the image with multiple palettes.
Can you save images in each of the possible palettes (say slot 0 to whatever the number of palettes is?).
Yep, by the method I just spoke of.
As for the blinking colours, can you tell which colour that must be? Is that an option in the game tool? Do the colours blink when on a character as well?
No, not while on the character. My box is off at the moment, but I'll get back to you on that color. I've seen it happen before, but only with PTExplorer images. It's a shade of white that seems to cause this. If you use the Paint Tool bucket tool to fill it in with white, it stops blinking and becomes pure white. It never blinks on the wrestler. I think it might show up as transparent on the wrestler, but today I've been viewing it through my Gamebridge and the picture quality is not the highest so take that with a grain of salt.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Okay, but can anyone use up he slots and each a different palette from the PaintTool and then upload the .pt file?
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Here's what I'm trying to do:
progress.png
brienj
VIP member
VIP member

Post by brienj »

FatalArms wrote:

This is exactly why we need to work on a model exporter, this is the only way to get a really nice looking new character. The limitations in CAWs are pretty bad. CAWs don't even sweat or bleed like normal characters, they just look out of place. ;)