Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Help with 3d Max

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
duoblade
ultra-n00b

Help with 3d Max

Post by duoblade »

Hello!

I extracted a 3d .obj file of Cloud using 3d ripper dx but whenever I import the file into 3d max I get this:

A 2d version of a 3d Cloud lol. I have no idea why it's flat, and I'm hoping someone could help me out with this.

Thank you.
SirLoon
advanced

Re: Help with 3d Max

Post by SirLoon »

duoblade wrote:Hello!

I extracted a 3d .obj file of Cloud using 3d ripper dx but whenever I import the file into 3d max I get this:

A 2d version of a 3d Cloud lol. I have no idea why it's flat, and I'm hoping someone could help me out with this.

Thank you.
From what source you extracted model? 3D ripper flatten objects little but this look too flat :)
AceAngel
veteran

Post by AceAngel »

I don't think this is the right place to ask, but that aside, anything related to the PS2 or generally console ripping with 'forced tools' other then actual tools will give your weird results.

So yeah, sorry, but using Ripping tools on consoles will give you weird results.
duoblade
ultra-n00b

Post by duoblade »

I ran a viewer program with 3d ripper dx. The files came from my kingdom hearts 2 disc.

I'm sorry Ace so where would be the propoer place to ask for help on this?
SirLoon
advanced

Post by SirLoon »

duoblade wrote:I ran a viewer program with 3d ripper dx. The files came from my kingdom hearts 2 disc.

I'm sorry Ace so where would be the propoer place to ask for help on this?
There was way for KH 1, dont know if it works on KH 2. But to be fair i had one small problem bcause i had normals flipped on Unity, dont know if it was problem of ripper, or Unity
Look at the file i add, i hope link will work
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
duoblade
ultra-n00b

Post by duoblade »

Thank you SirLoon

Well the link on that page you sent me for the viewer won't open up, but I can tell by the url address that the viewer is one of yaz0r's. Well I also tried using one of his viewers that loads kh1 and kh2 models, but whenever I try to "capture", the viewer crashes and does not make an obj file at all.

btw the yaz0r model viewer I use is ModelViewerWXD3D9
SirLoon
advanced

Post by SirLoon »

duoblade wrote:Thank you SirLoon

Well the link on that page you sent me for the viewer won't open up, but I can tell by the url address that the viewer is one of yaz0r's. Well I also tried using one of his viewers that loads kh1 and kh2 models, but whenever I try to "capture", the viewer crashes and does not make an obj file at all.

btw the yaz0r model viewer I use is ModelViewerWXD3D9
Hmm this model viewer crashed to me too. Maybe is better way to decode files. Then you can load model directly. I tryed to contact yaz0r but he left the scene and after long searching i tryed to contact him and he didnt respond. Maybe somebody from forum know him and can ask him for sending file format
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

duoblade
ultra-n00b

Post by duoblade »

That was the first viewer I used Chrrox. It didn't crash on me like yaz0r's but when I imported the .obj file into 3d max it was flat.
AceAngel
veteran

Post by AceAngel »

I think the 3DR has it own forum? They could be more useful there.

But also, I'm not sure as to why 3DR isn't capturing from the viewer. You could always try GameAssassin's Shareware version, since all it will do is capture the model and textures.

If neither work (even uptodate versions) then I guess there is something wrong with an application running in the background?
duoblade
ultra-n00b

Post by duoblade »

Ok thank you Ace. You're right, asking on their forum would be a better idea. And I never heard of GameAssassin so I'll look into it.

Thanks again.
pixellegolas
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by pixellegolas »

hm, there is a model viewer that can export to collada if i am not wrong, with animations and all. Maybe its only for ffx though.