Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

smackdown vs raw 2010

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Re: smackdown vs raw 2010

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Latest update:

- added readme.txt
- fixed a colour bug when loading from BMP. May even help corruption problem in-game.
- fixed bug with slot 10 and importing
- added View Alpha to show the intensity of each colour in the image in-game
- added tool-tip text when hovering over a button
- fixed dialogs

Please confirm that this new version still does the trick! :ninja:
ptexplorer_0_1_4.7z
[EDIT] Still a bug with slot 10. Will fix soon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
brienj
VIP member
VIP member

Post by brienj »

Is this Brock texture detailed enough for you to use it?

Edit: 16MB 2048 x 2048 x 32bpp bmp file was taken off server, message me if you didn't get it. :)
Last edited by brienj on Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
FatalArms
advanced

Post by FatalArms »

I may have found a bug. I put in some new images - the first couple were 128x128. The last couple were 256x256. When I went to use them in the game, the first ones had been changed to 256x256, so the images were doubled-up inside there.

Now, maybe that was ME doing something stupid so I don't want to call it a bug just yet until I replicate it. I just might not get a chance to post again for a couple hours so I wanted to let you know while I'm still on.
FatalArms
advanced

Post by FatalArms »

Argh. Just tried it again. Seems like whenever I try to put an image in slot 10, the game thinks the entire file is corrupted and wipes out everything in the Paint tool. (And yes, I'm using the newest version)
FatalArms
advanced

Post by FatalArms »

OK, I've had some more time to mess with it. I've stopped bothering with slot 10 for now, and have had no cases of the game wiping out the whole save file since I stopped using slot 10.

That "resetting small images to be doubled-up big ones" has happened a couple more times. I started making sure I use PTExplorer to manually set it to the smaller size even if it looks like it already is the smaller one. Since I started doing that, this has yet to happen again.

One unexpected thing I've noticed - the threshold for transparency seems to be wider than just (0,0,0). I've had a couple images where I used the color black set to about (3,5,6) and the game still recognized those as transparent. I ended up making those parts lime green in PSP/PhotoShop, then changing them to black with the in-game paint tool. Not a big deal, but a little wonky.

All in all, this is a wonderful little program. I don't know why I'm so amused at having the actual "Full Tilt Poker" logo on Kimbo Slice's shorts, but there you are. I also found a perfect "praying hands" graphic for Mark Briscoe's tattoo.

Speaking of tattoos: I made a lot of headway on Brock's back tattoo today. I have a decent looking in-game version of it now, but I'm going to improve on that when I can.

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled Paint Tool talk.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Thanks for the reports, FatalArms!

Actually, the slot 10 problem I warned about in my post above ;)

The resolution bit interest me, especially the notion that you have to manually set it in PT Explorer, even though it may show correct in the preview window. I will look into that. Are you using 0.1.4 version of PT Explorer, because I did work on that.

The other thing is with the colour black. The game uses colour 15 (0x0f) in the colour table as black. I think it may even expect that, I don't know. In any event, by just changing to colour to none-black you won't succeed in making it non-transparent. There is a fourth value, the alpha, that is set to 0, and I wonder whether Photoshop or so edits this value or leaves it alone.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

I can confirm that editing with Photoshop changes transparency from FF to 00 for each colour, as the BMP format is not really equipped for a alpha value as fourth variable in the palette table. Thae game uses BGRA, while BMP uses BGR and then a dummy variable, which PS sets to 0. What I can do is build in an option to save the alpha map separately, and let you import it once you got the raw image data back in.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

On the other hand, these might simply be .TGA files, with an alpha channel in a 32-bit palette. I will change the program to save .TGA files as well. :)
DRAVEN
advanced

Post by DRAVEN »

I still cant get this tool to work I do as directed but when it says the file is currupt or damage it delets all the images
brienj
VIP member
VIP member

Post by brienj »

Mr.Mouse wrote:I can confirm that editing with Photoshop changes transparency from FF to 00 for each colour, as the BMP format is not really equipped for a alpha value as fourth variable in the palette table. Thae game uses BGRA, while BMP uses BGR and then a dummy variable, which PS sets to 0. What I can do is build in an option to save the alpha map separately, and let you import it once you got the raw image data back in.
You need to maybe update your plugins or version of Photoshop. ;)

Also, I deleted the Brock BMP off my webspace, it was taking up lot of space, if somebody didn't get it and still needs it, message me. :)
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Well, which plugin do you use brienj?
brienj
VIP member
VIP member

Post by brienj »

Mr.Mouse wrote:Well, which plugin do you use brienj?
I'm away from home on my laptop, don't know the exact one, but I know there are many extended options for saving BMP files on my version of Photoshop, not sure if it's the extra plugins I have, or the version I have. I'll send you the package of plugins I have, next time I go home, there are around 100+ plugins I have from what I remember. :)

I know that I can save BMP format with a bunch of different variations of ARGB and XRGB.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

brienj wrote:
Mr.Mouse wrote:Well, which plugin do you use brienj?
I'm away from home on my laptop, don't know the exact one, but I know there are many extended options for saving BMP files on my version of Photoshop, not sure if it's the extra plugins I have, or the version I have. I'll send you the package of plugins I have, next time I go home, there are around 100+ plugins I have from what I remember. :)

I know that I can save BMP format with a bunch of different variations of ARGB and XRGB.
Cool! Will the alpha channel then also show? Because that is really screwed in the latest version of Photoshop (take the dreaded support for .TGA (=alpha) for instance).
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Okay, so maybe I got this all wrong. The number of colours in one picture is obviously limited to 256, judging from the palette. But the RGB values of the palette can be anything, right? The game does not care about that? Or will each slot have the same palette you create?
FatalArms
advanced

Post by FatalArms »

Some more pics of stuff made with this tool. A few of these are blurry. They look pretty decent in-game.

"Will Fight For Money" shirt w/logo
shirt w/ "Dirty Boxer" logo
Trunks w/ sponsor logos
Kimbo wearing an ornate Kimbo shirt!
Brock shirt, logos
Trunks w/logos (er, didn't mean for it to be so crotchtastic a shot)
Brock's back tattoo
Brock's skull tattoo