Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

smackdown vs raw 2010

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
JBP
advanced

Re: smackdown vs raw 2010

Post by JBP »

Here is the file with the picture edited back to its original state.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FatalArms
advanced

Post by FatalArms »

brienj wrote:
FatalArms wrote:Oh -- and I'm using Paint Shop Pro 9 to save out the new file as an 8-bit 256x256x256 BMP file. Still no go.
I would seriously consider using Adobe Photoshop
To be fair, PSP has improved a lot over the years. I never run into anything it can't do when I need graphics. (I mean, I'm sure there are things it can't do, but for my personal needs it always does the trick.)

But if Photoshop is the only way to get this process to work, then Photoshop I'll use :)
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

JBP wrote:Here is the file with the picture edited back to its original state.
Thanks. Say, in the game, do you have to save the pictures each time you want to edit them? What if you use file A, open the game's editor, don't do anything but save? Would that still alter the file, I wonder.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

JBP wrote:Here is the file with the picture edited back to its original state.
Oh and by the way, the picture was not back to its original state. The bitmap was, but not the palette. Did you change a colour? There seems to be one or two colours different.
JBP
advanced

Post by JBP »

Odd.... I didn't change any colors. All I did was delete the black line I had placed on there, and then resaved it. It looks identical to the original on my game. As for the opening and then saving without doing anything I can try that later tonight, but it'll probably be about 10 hours from now.
FatalArms
advanced

Post by FatalArms »

Mouse, these might be of some use to you:

http://www.stormclad.com/PaintToolTesting.zip

It contains three paint files.

1. My working in-game Paint file
2. Same file - I opened up the first image in the game, made NO changes, saved it
3. Same file - I opened up the first image in the game, made a small change, saved it
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Thanks! Now I see that even saving without editing alters the file, including the palette! Again the same colour that changes. Until we find out where in the file the checksum is, we're lost. We need to know the structure of the file.
snyperstyle
advanced

Post by snyperstyle »

well ive used the tool with success so far. all you have to do is go to the paint tool in game select each image and save again to correct the color in pallette in game. only thing is that since black is the transparent color in the in game pallette you need to change the black slightly in PS so it doesnt appear as a transpararent in game. I.E. in my case my design was black outline with red design I just changed the black to a dark as hell shade of red and presto no problems
FatalArms
advanced

Post by FatalArms »

Snyperstyle, can you elaborate? Are you saying you save the image in-game first to correct the palette, then you can overwrite it on the pc with an image you made in PhotoShop? If so, can you post the exact sequence of events?

Here's what I did, and had no success with:

1. Open an image in-game in the Paint tool.
2. Make no changes
3. Save it
4. Transfer it to PC and extract it using PTExplorer
5. Open the bmp in PSP, change the image there, save it as a bmp of the same size & color depth. Reimport it into the .pt file.
6. Transfer it to the XBox, overwriting the old Paint Tool .pt file
7. Go to the Paint Tool in-game

At that point, I get an error saying that the file is damaged. I can't do anything with it in-game other than overwrite it.
snyperstyle
advanced

Post by snyperstyle »

when u ovewrite the logos will be there make sure u use modio to rehash and resign the .pt file before putting it back on ur 360 hdd as well. everything else ur doing is perfect
FatalArms
advanced

Post by FatalArms »

snyperstyle wrote:when u ovewrite the logos will be there make sure u use modio to rehash and resign the .pt file before putting it back on ur 360 hdd as well. everything else ur doing is perfect
Right, I forgot to say that heh. Tried it again, making sure I rehashed and resigned with Modio. Still didn't work.

I even tried editing with PhotoShop instead of Paint Shop Pro this time. Still no go.
JBP
advanced

Post by JBP »

Awesome! It did work just like you said. When the game ask you if you would like to create a new paint tool file do that and it works great! All the logos are still there. WARNING THOUGH! Don't create your logo on slot 0 because the game will overwrite it with the default Dolph Ziggler logo. Now I'm gonna try to put in an nWo and TNA logo over something and see how that goes. Have you tried doing this, with more than one image at a time?
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

An excellent work-around that will enable you fans to use PTExplorer at least !

So here's the sequence of events that will work, please correct me if there's a mistake:

1. Transfer your .PT (Paint Tool) file to PC and extract images using PTExplorer as (*.bmp)
2. Open the bmps in PSP or Photoshop and edit them
Remember that since black is the transparent color in the in-game pallette you need to change the black slightly in PS so it doesnt appear as a transparent in game.
3. Save the bmps of the same size & color depth.
4. Reimport the bmps into the .pt file to slots of your choice with PTExplorer, but don't use slot 0.
5. Save the *.PT file from PTExplorer
6. Use modio to rehash and resign the .pt file
7. Transfer it to the XBox, overwriting the old Paint Tool .pt file
8. Go to the Paint Tool in-game: the game will detect a corrupted file and when asked to overwrite the file, do it! The game will correct the file, make slot 0 the default logo, but keep the other logo's intact.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
snyperstyle
advanced

Post by snyperstyle »

sounds good to me Mr. Mouse thanks alot this has already made the game way more fun
JBP
advanced

Post by JBP »

Sounds awesome! I would add at the very start that they need to open up paint tool in game and then save the file without making ANY adjustments.

And yes I did it with 3 images at once so you can do multiple images at one time.