Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

smackdown vs raw 2010

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
JBP
advanced

Re: smackdown vs raw 2010

Post by JBP »

Okay before I go into detail I'd like to say I didn't have success replacing one file with another. I tried replacing a 128 one. It was File 0 with which ever one the "outsiders" one is.

Anyways what I got to work the first time was I exported files 0 and 6 to bmp and reimported them as bmp files. Like I said they worked fine but when in the previews looked blue for some reason. After I reimported them I then saved the file as the default name of the file (00painttool.pt or something like that) Next I used the rehash and resigner tool that comes with Modio. Then I just put the file onto my harddrive using Xport 360.

Now I wanna try extracting a file and editing it, and then replacing the same file. Maybe for some reason you couldn't replace one file with another but editing a file, and replacing it with the same one might work.
JBP
advanced

Post by JBP »

Well no luck editing the same file and replacing it. It did the upside down logo thing in the preview and then the game said it was corrupt. Maybe it's because I just tried editing it in paint lol.
FatalArms
advanced

Post by FatalArms »

After a little more experimentation, I can confirm JBP's experience.

(1) If I Export the image, then Import that same image into that same slot, the game will recognize it as long as I rehash and resign the *.pt file.

(2) If I Import an image I've created over the top of an existing image, the game thinks the Paint Tool data has become damaged and will not load any of it.

I also get the "blue color" effect, FWIW
FatalArms
advanced

Post by FatalArms »

Oh -- and I'm using Paint Shop Pro 9 to save out the new file as an 8-bit 256x256x256 BMP file. Still no go.
ahon
n00b

Post by ahon »

how do i get it to work?
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

OK, thanks. Editing a file and resaving it will chance the colour palette probably. Can you upload some edited BMPs that failed in the game ?
brienj
VIP member
VIP member

Post by brienj »

FatalArms wrote:Oh -- and I'm using Paint Shop Pro 9 to save out the new file as an 8-bit 256x256x256 BMP file. Still no go.
I would seriously consider using Adobe Photoshop, because years ago there was some game we edited the textures and no matter what we did, Paint Shop Pro would not save the image format correctly. We had people having problems and it took us forever to figure out all the people using PSP were the ones having problems. JBP said he was only editing in Paint and Paint Shop Pro isn't much better than Paint. :D

I'm not trying to ridicule you personally for using the program, because it is presented as a very good program, and most people think it is, but in reality it is shit. ;)
JBP
advanced

Post by JBP »

I have photoshop and will try in a few. I just used paint to try it real quick because I only had a second to mess with it earlier. I will post if I have better results.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Okay, but don't forget to upload images that failed after importation.

Another test, please use a .pt that works IN GAME. Now change the image in slot 0, but just slightly IN GAME. Now upload the new .pt file, together with the original. I will need to see what changed between the two. Because if the game uses some kind of checksum on the images, it may be stored somewhere and I need to find out.
JBP
advanced

Post by JBP »

Ok I have the edited photo (scribble in photoshop) and the .pt file I injected it in, in one folder of the zip
and in the other I edited image 0 by just putting a black line right beneath the image. I hope these help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

I'm soryy, but can you also do this with the in-game tool? That's what I meant.
So load up .pt file (A) that works for you. Edit slot 0 in-game / with the game's tool and then take out the updated .pt file (B). I want to compate both A and B.
JBP
advanced

Post by JBP »

Sorry I should have specified more clearly. The slight edit folder was done in game. :)
DRAVEN
advanced

Post by DRAVEN »

The .pt file is a container file it has a savedata inside I beleave it is the same as the normal save games having its own checksum...
Thats why it says curupt save...

See the File I uploaded in my first post...
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

I think so too. Do we know the checksum location already? JBP, can you re-edit the lsightly changed slot 0 in game back to how it was? We should have 3 pt files: Before, After slight edit, Restored Edit to original state.
DRAVEN
advanced

Post by DRAVEN »

No sorry, maybe brienj may have a clue? hes edited the save game and has it working in game..