Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

smackdown vs raw 2010

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
plodtrew
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: smackdown vs raw 2010

Post by plodtrew »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
brienj
VIP member
VIP member

Post by brienj »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
plodtrew
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by plodtrew »

brienj wrote:If it ever downloads, I'll check them out. :)

Edit: That's right, the 2007 models have a TON of dds files, which makes it more of a pain to retexture and rebuild a new pac file, but it does make it better to modify them and make it look better. I don't have the time to rebuild a pac file with that many new offsets. Hopefully when I got time, I can make something to repack files. If someone can make a Yukes BPE compressor, that would work too. Also, I am almost positive the game can read ZLIB files, the problem is that I don't know how to properly make it read them correctly. I am almost certain that one of the pac files in the game had some ZLIB compressed data in them, if anybody finds those, then we could always recompress hacked textures with ZLIB (which compresses them more than BPE) and they should go into the PAC file with very little modification to the header.
A repacker wold be great. I've also done the same mod with low hogan and can upload that if it's easier to repack. There is only one dds texture for the character. The only downfall was that the hair wasnt accurate for that era and he doesnt have a bandanna. I can upload the texture if you can repack it.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

If anyone else has got such a painttool.pt file for me, I need them to compare with what I got. The second one I have does look corrupted, to be honest.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Okay, so I confirmed at least where in the file the resolution of the images is stored.

At 0xD000 there is this:

Code: Select all

[1]  Byte (0)
[1]  Byte (3)

// Then comes the list of slots used in the order of the textures in the file. 

[20]  Byte : 0 means slot unused, 1 means slot used

// Now comes the resolution of the textures, as a list.

[20]  Byte: 0 means 128x512 (or perhaps 128x128, but the image data is 65536 in size), 1 means 256x256

Now, halfway through the file the image data (texture 11) is interrupted by some other stuff. This is 0x4000 (16K) in size. After that, the image data continues, until all 20 textures are stored. At the end of the image data, a part of 0x1ee0 is stored.
Now, the whole texture image part (savedata.dat section) starts at 0xc000 and is 0x148000 bytes big, excluding the interrupting part I mentioned before. Therefore, the last section of 1ee0 is merely filling up to a bank size of 16k (or perhaps a clustersize of 16k?). 0x148000 / 0x4000 = 52. The savedata.dat section in size is actually 0x146120, so the last part of the file is needed to get to 52 banks/reads for the data.
Okay, so far so good, but the second file I examined is misaligned from texture 2. The image data should be 0x10400 big, including 0x400 palette data, but it is in fact 0x103ec,there's 20 bytes lacking! Because of this, the rest of the file is out of phase too.
This is why I think the second file is corrupted somehow.
JBP
advanced

Post by JBP »

Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Yes, that´s much better, now we are getting somewhere. I can whip up an extractor, replacer for this.
JBP
advanced

Post by JBP »

That would be so amazingly increadible lol. I can't wait to try it out when you get it done!
snyperstyle
advanced

Post by snyperstyle »

You probably get this alot but im naming my son after you ;) lol. Thanks alot though for all the work It truly is appreciated I can honestly say between this and brienj's tutorial this is gonna be the most fun xmas ever lol
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

JBP wrote: Do you know what format the images are in, and if they look like they could easily be replaced?
Basically, the image are 256-colour bitmaps. Each byte is one pixel, so an image can be up to 256x256 (or 128x512) bytes big. There is a RGBA palette I think, each of the 256 colours is written in big endian (A B G R), but it could be ARGB (this should be tested). The alpha transparency value mostly is 255 or 0xFF (i.e. the pixel is not transparant).

Using a standard 8-bit .BMP header I can convert them to images you can edit.
JBP
advanced

Post by JBP »

Sounds a bit complicated, but maybe not to bad when I'm not as tired and can wrap my head around it. I look forward to the extractor/replacer. Do you have an eta?

(I'm not trying to rush you into making it right away or anything by asking that lol. I understand we all have life's to live, and if your answer is "I'll get it done when I get it done" Thats fine lol.)
plodtrew
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by plodtrew »

Mr.Mouse wrote:Yes, that´s much better, now we are getting somewhere. I can whip up an extractor, replacer for this.
Awesome news. Really looking forward to the release of this tool.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Okay here's a preview. At the moment just a simple .PT explorer.
ptexp.jpg
ptexp2.jpg
It just opens and saves .PT files. Not idiot-proof mind you and a pre-alpha version, will probably crash when corrupted files are attempted to be opened.

I've been thinking, perhaps these are textures were originally DDS files, you know, the 8-bit, palette + 256 colours + alpha type with uncompressed bitmap. Would make sense in terms of xbox ?
ptexplorer.zip

^--- new one!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
coroner
n00b

Post by coroner »

I have an idea of what the DDS texture image consists of, but not nearly enough info on the exact settings when editing/replacing an actual DDS file from the game.

I'm using the NVIDIA plug-in for photoshop which has a multitude of options when saving DDS, instead of just auto saving any change it requires you to know the format settings, is there a more appropriate tool for editing these textures?
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Oops, in my haste a forgot to include the bmp header....will upload tonight.

[EDIT] Ok, there's a new zip file, with bmp_header. Should work now.