Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

[PC] Devil May Cry 4

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: [PC] Devil May Cry 4

Post by Tosyk »

Dear Surveyor could you make the creation of the bones, rather than points, closing your eyes to the wrong orientation. Certainly maintaining hierarchy. I have a couple of ideas that may help. But while the role of bones perform point I can not verify.
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
onionhead
beginner

Post by onionhead »

how do i convert those pink normal maps to the tangent space normal maps with rgb channels. cuz rite now i only see single coloured normal maps. I m trying to use it in 3dsmax.
omni
n00b

Post by omni »

... lots of people making requests. I'm sorry, Surveyor, but I have some too.
Could you add the following functions to your tools, or make new tools with them? Pretty please? It could make dmc4 modding a hell of a lot easier. Here's what I'm asking:

Dmc4tex - DDS-> tex conversion
Dmc4pla - Compiling pla files.
Dmc4patch 2 - Function to tell the program exactly which files to invalidate so they will load outside the .arcs. Ex: Invalidate only wp005.mod in all .arc files.

I know you're probably busy, but it would certainly be a big help for me and the boys, so I thought I'd ask.
Devil May Cry modding community: http://s1.zetaboards.com/InfernalWorks/index/
godinhochina
ultra-n00b

Post by godinhochina »

I'm translating the game to PT-BR language but I don't found the .msg file of this image:

Someone knew where this .msg file are?
Thanks anyway
omni
n00b

Post by omni »

Maybe I can help. Check your inbox.
Devil May Cry modding community: http://s1.zetaboards.com/InfernalWorks/index/
firsak
advanced

Post by firsak »

Surveyor wrote:The problem is that I don't want to loose the (PRECIOUS) skinning data (which would be the case since attaching meshes alters the skinning info)
As far as I understand it is impossible to fix the messed up faces in models at the moment without losing the skinning data?

What does a modeler do when he wants to alter his rigged model (add something or modify the geometry) in some way? Does he start the skinning process all over again? There must be a way to preserve the skinning data. Any experienced 3dsmax users around here?
onionhead
beginner

Post by onionhead »

firsak: maybe you can try to add a edit poly modifier onto the stack. and fix the geo. Ive never tried it on a skinned mesh but try and see if it works.

edit: I tried adding a edit mesh modifier onto the skin mesh and the skin data is intact. This is for 3dsmax only
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

For three days I have conducted research in order to receive an automated process to convert models from resident evil 5 (devil may cry 4 and similar to it) in the normal format for 3d max preserving skinning data and automatic creation of biped-skeleton. Studies successfully completed, and that's what happened:

Image Image

However, I want to note that the process that I developed, it is not the result of scripting or voodoo magic, I just took a ready-made tools, mixed them with logic and received a rather unusual conversion scheme, the result of which I was quite satisfied.

Method:

1. unpack the game and select the file to convert
2. convert mod-file tool from the Surveyor to ms-script
3. import model in 3d max (I use 2008 64x)

----- Now we need to convert the object-point in the bone, for this I use the converter in the smd

4. export the model in smd, then import the smd-file back to 3d max - as you can see, now we've got the bones, though a bit scattered

on this, in fact, you can finish.

I would like to listen to the masters, as it can possibly optimize my method?

Thank you.
my blog | my forum
gics
n00b

Post by gics »

I love Mod2Max by Surveyor, great work! But when it ready for texture?
Nexus Elite ns
beginner

Post by Nexus Elite ns »

Tosyk wrote:For three days I have conducted research in order to receive an automated process to convert models from resident evil 5 (devil may cry 4 and similar to it) in the normal format for 3d max preserving skinning data and automatic creation of biped-skeleton. Studies successfully completed, and that's what happened:

However, I want to note that the process that I developed, it is not the result of scripting or voodoo magic, I just took a ready-made tools, mixed them with logic and received a rather unusual conversion scheme, the result of which I was quite satisfied.

Method:

1. unpack the game and select the file to convert
2. convert mod-file tool from the Surveyor to ms-script
3. import model in 3d max (I use 2008 64x)

----- Now we need to convert the object-point in the bone, for this I use the converter in the smd

4. export the model in smd, then import the smd-file back to 3d max - as you can see, now we've got the bones, though a bit scattered

on this, in fact, you can finish.

I would like to listen to the masters, as it can possibly optimize my method?

Thank you.
You know i've also tryed this before, when his converter came out, but some reason the export on smd or any other format come out improper import.
onionhead
beginner

Post by onionhead »

so no one knows why the normal maps looks different then usual normal maps. where theres 3 channels. look i just wanna know how to convert it to the usual tangent space normal map ppl use for games. Im looking to use it in 3dmax for lady and trish.
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

2Nexus Elite ns:

After export smd it needs a little fix in a text editor.

2onionhead:

Do you mean pinkcolor of normal maps?
my blog | my forum
onionhead
beginner

Post by onionhead »

Tosyk wrote:2Nexus Elite ns:

After export smd it needs a little fix in a text editor.

2onionhead:

Do you mean pinkcolor of normal maps?
yes how do u use pink color normal maps
Surveyor
veteran

Post by Surveyor »

how do i convert those pink normal maps to the tangent space normal maps with rgb channels. cuz rite now i only see single coloured normal maps. I m trying to use it in 3dsmax.
I use them as they are, I just pass the correct bump map texture and they work fine, you can also set the max driver to use Direct3D and use custom shaders to get a close look to the one used in the game.
Could you add the following functions to your tools
Tex2dds: why not, sounds simple enough, I'll try that later.
Dmc4pla: no, much is still unknown about the PLA files, mostly the parent/children relationship, more testing will tell.
Dmc4patch: this too sounds easy, I'll try to include this.
I know you're probably busy, but it would certainly be a big help for me and the boys
Interresting, where are you boys posting, I'd like to see what you're coocking!!
I love Mod2Max by Surveyor, great work! But when it ready for texture?
What do you mean by texture? texture coords or textures in the viewport?
maybe you can try to add a edit poly modifier onto the stack. and fix the geo
This wouldn't be sufficent, sometimes there's a need to attach meshes together (in the case of the head models which are insanely split into too many parts) and here skin data is surely lost!
For three days I have conducted research in order to receive an automated process to convert models from resident evil 5 (devil may cry 4 and similar to it) in the normal format for 3d max preserving skinning data and automatic creation of biped-skeleton. Studies successfully completed
So you succeeded to get the biped bones out from points then there's no need for me to mess with the points, how am I glad!!
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

So you succeeded to get the biped bones out from points then there's no need for me to mess with the points, how am I glad!!
And yet, Surveyor, thanks for your work on mod2max! There is still a game with a similar structure - Dead rising, check it as there will be time, OK?
my blog | my forum