Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

smackdown vs raw 2010

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
DRAVEN
advanced

Re: smackdown vs raw 2010

Post by DRAVEN »

plodtrew wrote:@brianej, there are some wrestlers who dont have thq made models e.g steiner, goldberg, hollywood hogan, nash, hall ,etc. Until there is a easy way to edit the in game models and convert back into yobj, we're stuck with caws. Also if reinjecting is possible, we can inject the textures of models from other games and apply it to caws.

Mate It would be the same as style as wwe raw, but, copy the wrestler model rename it edit textures and re-pac the file.. I'm waitin for a way to add textures as I have a updated big show and so far working on goldberg based off SCSA, Shamus based off Mr K, and slammaster J based off shad.. see as the chEtc.pac you can resize the models.. ;)
JBP
advanced

Post by JBP »

Well I guess I'm just unsure how to re-pac the files. I could do it in a hex editor but the files I would reinsert would likely be larger just because I don't know how to recompress to bpe. If I reinseted them my offsets would be off due to the larger files. Would this matter or could I just continue adding the rest of the files? If it does matter does anyone know what needs to be fixed?

Also what plodtrew said about addidng textures to paint tool would be amazingly nice. Making CAWS would be inzane.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

From what I've gathered so far from these painttool files is that they can have up to 20 tattoo images or so. Is this correct? Do you know how many you can create?
JBP
advanced

Post by JBP »

Yeah 20 slots is correct.
DRAVEN
advanced

Post by DRAVEN »

JBP wrote:Well I guess I'm just unsure how to re-pac the files. I could do it in a hex editor but the files I would reinsert would likely be larger just because I don't know how to recompress to bpe. If I reinseted them my offsets would be off due to the larger files. Would this matter or could I just continue adding the rest of the files? If it does matter does anyone know what needs to be fixed?

Also what plodtrew said about addidng textures to paint tool would be amazingly nice. Making CAWS would be inzane.
I'm in the same boat as you mate I've only just started looking in to hexing last time I did any hexing was wwe raw, i would guess the size wouldnt matter due to the fact your not replacing a model, but adding it to the game?
plodtrew
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by plodtrew »

@mr mouse, I'm away for the next few weeks. Getting married next week so I wont be able to post grid pics soon. I did take a pic some time back and I'm nor sure if the design is in one of the designs I posted. The grid pic is the small pic inset:

@draven, already retextured hogan to an nwo version, check out my thread in the compressed files section. Also made some model edits to scsa into goldberg using misfit 3d. Just have no idea how to reinject the images and convert back into yobj.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Excellent plodtrew, that image is indeed in ! And congratulations!! (have a wonderful marriage and time!).
DRAVEN
advanced

Post by DRAVEN »

plodtrew wrote:@mr mouse, I'm away for the next few weeks. Getting married next week so I wont be able to post grid pics soon. I did take a pic some time back and I'm nor sure if the design is in one of the designs I posted. The grid pic is the small pic inset:

@draven, already retextured hogan to an nwo version, check out my thread in the compressed files section. Also made some model edits to scsa into goldberg using misfit 3d. Just have no idea how to reinject the images and convert back into yobj.

You could just edit the textures not the models ;) this is what we did to model swap in wwe raw..
plodtrew
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by plodtrew »

DRAVEN wrote: You could just edit the textures not the models ;) this is what we did to model swap in wwe raw..
Then the faces and body dont neccesarily have the same shape as the wrestler you are trying to emulate. It only has a texture applied over the same mesh. model editing allows you to e.g. increase austins jaw height and get rid of his knee braces when creating a goldberg mod.

Check out my sf4 mods on my blog to see what I mean.

@mr mouse, thank you :)
Last edited by plodtrew on Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
DRAVEN
advanced

Post by DRAVEN »

yer I know m8 but we make best of what we have ;) I hope someone can make the export tool thats needed also a way to repack the pac files.. ;)
JBP
advanced

Post by JBP »

I hope we figure that out also. Life would be much easier lol

I also hope we figure out this paint tool thing. If we could somehow insert our own images then we wouldn't need to reskin in game models.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Tell me, are all 20 slots for images filled? Or only some? Is this sequential or can you leave some slots blank and fill others?
plodtrew
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by plodtrew »

I dont think all 20 slots are filled, not sure though. It's not sequential, you can select which slot you want you picture to fill and delete any slots you choose.
brienj
VIP member
VIP member

Post by brienj »

plodtrew wrote: @brianej, there are some wrestlers who dont have thq made models e.g steiner, goldberg, hollywood hogan, nash, hall ,etc. Until there is a easy way to edit the in game models and convert back into yobj, we're stuck with caws. Also if reinjecting is possible, we can inject the textures of models from other games and apply it to caws.
Hogan has a model in 2007, as well as an even more retro one in LOW. The model in 2007 can easily have the textures redone to make Holywood Hulk Hogan. The PAC files are easy to rebuild, it just takes some time, and you can put non-BPE compressed DDS files into them, the game will read them. ;)

If you are going to do the logo thing for CAWs, you might as well go all out and find the in-game logos in the edXX.pac files and replace those instead. You have a limit to the amount you can use with custom logos, but not the in-game logos. Also, the in-game logos are all high quality.
JBP
advanced

Post by JBP »

I've been wondering where these files were.
Thanks for your help, but I'm having a problem finding these files in the edxx.pac.

All I'm getting is yobj and pof0 files. I noticed the casThumb one had about a ton of dds files in it but they are just the thumb of the file I assume. Like in the selection screen.