Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Repulic Heroes *.rkv

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
AlphaTwentyThree
double-veteran
double-veteran

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Repulic Heroes *.rkv

Post by AlphaTwentyThree »

Hello there! Here's a quite easy task: http://www.sendspace.com/file/3kt8dy. I took the smallest one of the containers. This is from the PSP version.

At the end of the file you'll find a file list, an offset table and a folder allocation (I'd only take the last folder as a subfolder to create as the full structure is as well unknown and unimportant). I guess it's quite easy to write a little BMS script. I'm currently learning BMS and I'm still having trouble writing my own scripts. ;)

Thanks to the voluntary! :D
If you like what you see, why not click the little Thank You button? ;) It will definitely motivate me! :)
And here's Mr.Mouse's Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s ... 8469022795 - thanks ;)
aluigi
VVIP member
VVIP member

Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Repulic Heroes *.rkv

Post by aluigi »

*edit* updated script

Code: Select all

# script for QuickBMS http://aluigi.org/papers.htm#quickbms

idstring "RKV2"
get FILES long
get NAME_SIZE long
get FULLNAME_FILES long
get DUMMY long
get INFO_OFF long               # 0x2ac9a00
get DUMMY long

math NAME_OFF = FILES
math NAME_OFF *= 20
math NAME_OFF += INFO_OFF       # 0x2adb2dd

math INFO2_OFF = NAME_OFF
math INFO2_OFF += NAME_SIZE     # 0x2af0394

math FULLNAME_OFF = FILES
math FULLNAME_OFF *= 16
math FULLNAME_OFF += INFO2_OFf  # 0x2AFE444

for i = 0 < FILES
    goto INFO_OFF
    get NAMEOFF long
    get DUMMY long
    get SIZE long
    get OFFSET long
    get CRC long
    savepos INFO_OFF

math NAMEOFF += NAME_OFF    # use FULLNAME_OFF if you like
    goto NAMEOFF
    get NAME string

log NAME OFFSET SIZE
next i
*updated* script
Last edited by aluigi on Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AlphaTwentyThree
double-veteran
double-veteran

You'll have to double-check the code with this archive: http://www.sendspace.com/file/4u7v0i ;)

Thanks! :)

P.S.: And again, 7zip rules with a compression down to 23%!
If you like what you see, why not click the little Thank You button? ;) It will definitely motivate me! :)
And here's Mr.Mouse's Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s ... 8469022795 - thanks ;)
aluigi
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by aluigi »

ih ih ih exactly as I guessed :)
that ZSIZE field meant something else, I have edited the previous script
AlphaTwentyThree
double-veteran
double-veteran

Thanks, works perfectly. However I have a little additional request: partly restore the folder structure.
The folders at the end of each rkv file start with "D:\projects\cw09-lg\branches\PSPTrunk\Data\RKVs\..\[sometimes some other folder]\..\". With 'partly' I mean the folder structure directly after the last of the "\..\".
If it's not too much to ask for, could you update the script one last time? ;)
Hopefully I'll learn BMS quickly so you won't have to bother with so many requests anymore. ;)
As always, huge thanks! :)
aluigi
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by aluigi »

the problem is that in the second archive those filenames are less than the available files and so they can't be used.
swuforce
veteran

Post by swuforce »

AlphaTwentyThree: You can try this site for conlose requests: http://www.alucard.cc/
eg rkv plugin for Xpert is already exist.
AlphaTwentyThree
double-veteran
double-veteran

aluigi wrote:the problem is that in the second archive those filenames are less than the available files and so they can't be used.
Ah ok, in this case it's indeed not possible. ;)
Thanks. =)
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

SW: The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes *.rkv - PC version

Post by Acewell »

My attempts to use this bms script to unpack the 3.21GB common_d9.rkv archive for the PC version of this game have been unsuccessful.
Even though 3dRipperDX 1.6rc3 can rip the models and textures from this game it would be great if aluigi or anyone with the knowledge could analyze this FileCutter sample and find a solution to unpack it:

*attachment removed*

I found a tool that unpacks SWRH rkv files ...... but it can't handle files larger than 2GB. :[
http://my.opera.com/JackJ2M/blog/2009/1 ... rs-clone-3
Last edited by Acewell on Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zerovisibilite
n00b

Post by Zerovisibilite »

I have an extractor that I wrote for this. it uses a System file handler so It can do large files up to 4gb(due to the constraints of the unsigned long i'm using in the code which would be easily remedied should the need arise.)Works with both Xbox360 and PC

However, the files form the Xbox and PC seem to be compressed. I admittedly know very little about compression and the look of it inside a file. In the mdl and mdg files I would expect a mass of Floats then a group of shorts progressively increasing to the max vert number. I'm not seeing any of that. If anyone would be interested in taking a look at the files I would love the help with the decompression
Zerovisibilite
n00b

Post by Zerovisibilite »

This will work with the large file Common_d9.rkv(PC) and the common_x3.rkv(xbox360) files, And all smaller files as well

Please let me know if it has any dll issues as i'm not making an installer for it, just the exe. The model files i would like to break are in the common file. if anyone can take a look at it and see what you can do, i would appreciate it. I have been staring at hex chr for 4 weeks now and am literally exhausted from it.

Thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
psych0fred
ultra-n00b

Post by psych0fred »

Zerovisibilite wrote:This will work with the large file Common_d9.rkv(PC) and the common_x3.rkv(xbox360) files, And all smaller files as well

Please let me know if it has any dll issues as i'm not making an installer for it, just the exe.
COMDLG32.OCX is needed to run the program, so I just copied it to the same folder and it worked. (I had a copy)
I see the PNG.raw files can be renamed and work, so that's a good sign. Still have not had luck with the PC or the PSP models though.
Faqew
advanced

Post by Faqew »

Zerovisibilite wrote:This will work with the large file Common_d9.rkv(PC) and the common_x3.rkv(xbox360) files, And all smaller files as well

Please let me know if it has any dll issues as i'm not making an installer for it, just the exe. The model files i would like to break are in the common file. if anyone can take a look at it and see what you can do, i would appreciate it. I have been staring at hex chr for 4 weeks now and am literally exhausted from it.

Thanks in advance

The program also works with Blade Kitten.:)
Anyone knows how to open/convert all the .min.bin , .ast.ads , .mktx.tex files and so on?
aluigi
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by aluigi »

http://aluigi.org/papers/bms/rkv.bms
supports also the compressed files and files till 4 gigabytes
Zerovisibilite
n00b

Post by Zerovisibilite »

Works Great, thank you. I knew the second "size" was the decompressed size but had no clue how to go from there. This is a big load off my back as I have been stewing over it for months now in the back of my mind. THANK YOU