Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Smackdown vs Raw 2010 - bpe again

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
plodtrew
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Smackdown vs Raw 2010 - bpe again

Post by plodtrew »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
brienj
VIP member
VIP member

Re: Smackdown vs Raw 2010 - bpe again

Post by brienj »

It's not a standardized BPE format, nothing will decompress them correctly. It's been about 2-3 years and nobody has gotten anywhere with them. Hopefully I will finally find the decompression routine in the XEX file and reverse it to make a program that will do it for us, but haven't found it yet, there's alot of routines in the XEX to go thru.
acidfrehley
ultra-n00b

Post by acidfrehley »

How did you unpacked the .pac files? I've tried this during the last night, downloaded a bunch of programs but none of them worked.

I already managed to insert old models into SvR10 by simply replacing the .pac files. But in order to proceed to a more complete modification unpacking/repacking the .pac files its almost obrigatory.

If you have some tips for a starter would also help. I don't know anything about programming, Im just learning things on my own.

Thanks.
acidfrehley
ultra-n00b

Post by acidfrehley »

I was looking at some .pac files through Hex Workshop and after being tired of seeing a giant mix of letters and numbers making no sense, I actually found some text lines in some archives.
For a start, would it be easy to just change the character name/overall through a edition on Hex Workshop? Cause it seemed like so. What precautions I have to take before editing the text into a file like that?

And how the heck could you manage to extract a image file from that?

lol, Im just lost.
plodtrew
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by plodtrew »

@acidfrehley, how did you manage to replace the new pac files with the older ones? do they have to be the same size and name? Also does the pac replacement work with all xbox svr game right from svr07 upwards?

I managed to extract the files from the pac archive using a hex editor. The only files that are stored in the pac files are files of bpe format. Search for the bpe header ("BPE" text string) and extract manually. Can you also post a few svr07 pac files if you have them, I want to examine the structure to see if this method works with those files as well. I'm interested in the characters unique to that game i.e hogan, booker t, rvd, angle.
DRAVEN
advanced

Post by DRAVEN »

acidfrehley wrote:How did you unpacked the .pac files? I've tried this during the last night, downloaded a bunch of programs but none of them worked.

I already managed to insert old models into SvR10 by simply replacing the .pac files. But in order to proceed to a more complete modification unpacking/repacking the .pac files its almost obrigatory.

If you have some tips for a starter would also help. I don't know anything about programming, Im just learning things on my own.

Thanks.
Please can you explain this process on how to add old models, I used to be apart of the team that released mods for the first SVR and have wanted to make my own personal mods since then... I want LOD in svr2010 plus ECW ext.. ;)
plodtrew
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by plodtrew »

DRAVEN wrote:
acidfrehley wrote:How did you unpacked the .pac files? I've tried this during the last night, downloaded a bunch of programs but none of them worked.

Thanks.
Please can you explain this process on how to add old models, I used to be apart of the team that released mods for the first SVR and have wanted to make my own personal mods since then... I want LOD in svr2010 plus ECW ext.. ;)
I imagine that you would replace the file using xbox backup creator - image browser. I dont have any of the older xbox svr games to get the models from, so I cant confirm.

I downloaded your svr patch a few years back and used to follow your threads under the username tekken57.
DRAVEN
advanced

Post by DRAVEN »

Long time no speak.. lol
I'm still on smacktalks just not as much nowadays ;)
I found how to edit tons on SVR09 should be the same on this years.. ;)
plodtrew
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by plodtrew »

DRAVEN wrote:Long time no speak.. lol
I'm still on smacktalks just not as much nowadays ;)
I found how to edit tons on SVR09 should be the same on this years.. ;)
What do you manage to edit? I was only abel to replace titantrons and some of the music.
DRAVEN
advanced

Post by DRAVEN »

Same... On the xbox.. just had problems gettin them to show up in game? plus I couldnt get the music
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

bpe has been extracted "not by me"
This uses the exact same format as rumble roses.
http://asmodean.reverse.net/pages/unrrbpe.html
plodtrew
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by plodtrew »

chrrox wrote:bpe has been extracted "not by me"
This uses the exact same format as rumble roses.
http://asmodean.reverse.net/pages/unrrbpe.html
dude you're a star!!! :D four years of waiting for an uncompressor comes to an end. This works pefectly with the ps2 versions.

It also uncompresses the xbox versions but this has a wierd model format with the header jboy. I'll post some files soon, maybe someone can help decipher it.
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

This is the 2010 model you see in the screenshot.
I know the format of the jboy "yobj" I am working on a converter I need to look ito the weights and bones before I post it here.
plodtrew
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by plodtrew »

chrrox wrote:This is the 2010 model you see in the screenshot.
I know the format of the jboy "yobj" I am working on a converter I need to look ito the weights and bones before I post it here.
didnt notice the picture before. awesome work, really looking forward to what you come up. Can you view the actual model texture though, the bpe conversion doesnt seem to uncompress this file completely and only shows the first bit of the texture? I can view the bump maps and other textures fine.
aluigi
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by aluigi »

this particular type of compression (that I have called "yuke_bpe") is now included in QuickBMS 0.3.9a