Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

[PC] Resident Evil 5

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
shadowmoy
veteran

Re: [PC] Resident Evil 5

Post by shadowmoy »

some more interesting infos on models textures :

if the texture filename contain :

_BM : base model texture
_CMM : detail map texture used to add so more realistic effect on _BM map
_NM : normal map to add relief to the 2d texture _BM
_MM : bump map texture used to modify lighting effect on model

starting from this : each material will stroe a flag to say if it use one or more of them for rendering

also materials fcolors are not d3dmaterials but seems to contains lighting values to recalculate the lighting : specular or/and diffuse lighting based engine :
it recalculate the lighting using the normals and tangents from each vertex on realtime !!! fucking hard to figure out !!!

some more interesting things : on materials uilayers :

actually i have found this :

uilayer[0] = materialid for texturename finishing by _BM :: the base texture
uilayer[1] = materialid for texturename finishing by _NM :: the normal map texture
uilayer[2] = materialid for texturename finishing by _MM or _CMM:: the Bump map texture
uilayer[7] = materialid for texturename finishing by _DM_HQ :: a nore detailled normal map texture (highter res)

based on this i have tried to export to obj only groups that use the layers 0,1 and 2 and get a lot less lod models exported, some improvement in getting the mesh lod 0 level (ie the hight res one)
Last edited by shadowmoy on Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_-=<(¯`·._.·[ CodeMan ]·._.·´¯)>=-_
shadowmoy
veteran

Post by shadowmoy »

ok here is the model vertex repositionning way (fbsl code)

Code: Select all

dim !h,!w,!l

w= (header.BBoxMax.x)- (header.BBoxMin.x) 
h= (header.BBoxMax.y) - (header.BBoxMin.y) 
l= (header.BBoxMax.z) -(header.BBoxMin.z) 

For i = 0 To header.vertexcount - 1
	vertexf[i].x = !(vertex[i].vert[0] / !32767* w) + header.BBoxMin.x
	vertexf[i].y = (!vertex[i].vert[1] / !32767 * h)+ header.BBoxMin.y
	vertexf[i].z = (!vertex[i].vert[2] / !32767 * l) + header.BBoxMin.z
next
it rescale and reposition the models and sub models to the good position and scale
shadowmoy
veteran

Post by shadowmoy »

ok mens here is my first exporter version, it export all lodmesh + generate the .MTL file , normals need to be fixed (bad rotation)
just drop the *.mod file or the *.58A15856 on it
the outputed files work with milkshape3d and all 3d applications

Edit : thanks for reporting it echelon : yes for my test i used fixed path, now fixed, just drop now !!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by shadowmoy on Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
venomtrk
n00b

Post by venomtrk »

I want to edit subtitles and translate Turkish Language. How can i do it , i can extract some arc files but can not edit them. Help please.
echelon
n00b

Post by echelon »

Wow shadowmoy, just amazing stuff. Keep it up!
Tool doesn't work 100% for me right now though:
E:\pl2100.mod
[000199] RS:6 Call err 22 : FileOpen failed to open file '.\pl1200.mod' with mode 'BINARY'
[000199] [BUFFER] >> [SCRIPT PAUSED] <<

It does work if I rename the mod file to 1200.mod. Maybe you accidentaly hardcoded the filename?

venomtrk: Try checking out the Devil may cry 4 topic in this forum. I think you can get an MGS converter there. Maybe that will help decrypting those files.
Evin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Evin »

venomtrk wrote:I want to edit subtitles and translate Turkish Language. How can i do it , i can extract some arc files but can not edit them. Help please.
There is a MSGEditor to DMC4, but doesn't support the RE5 MSG format. You can convert into txt, but that's all. The msg file doesn't work. Maybe some day.
Until that, you can start with the textures or you can wait.
Gocha
veteran

Post by Gocha »

huh! you peaple... are working on so difficult - modifying objects and so on, but such more easy, i think, is not solved! - editing text of the game? :lol: (:

may be bcoz that wants only 2 persons - Turkish & Georgian? either modding wants all
My great respect and appreciation for them, who research game files! Special thanks to: aluigi, bacter, DerPlaya, Rick, Turfster, twig, Zench. Sorry if someone is missing in my list, I'll update when I'll notice it again
shadowmoy
veteran

Post by shadowmoy »

ok i will try to add the mod2smd today if i get enought time else it will be released tomorow ...
shadowmoy
veteran

Post by shadowmoy »

found one model that don't export correctly : excella head : \pawn\em\em85\model\evf0400.mod in uEm85Excella.arc
all other parts are ok but the uv of the head are wrong, perhaps a different vertex format ?

edit : seems not , but instead of uvw mapping it use spherical or cylindrical mapping (fucking format ) so, if anayone now how to calculate a vertex uv from a vertex pos using spherical mapping i will be glad to had the code or simply an algo to rebuild the uvw mapping from vertices
echelon
n00b

Post by echelon »

shadowmoy wrote:found one model that don't export correctly : excella head : \pawn\em\em85\model\evf0400.mod in uEm85Excella.arc
all other parts are ok but the uv of the head are wrong, perhaps a different vertex format ?

edit : seems not , but instead of uvw mapping it use spherical or cylindrical mapping (fucking format ) so, if anayone now how to calculate a vertex uv from a vertex pos using spherical mapping i will be glad to had the code or simply an algo to rebuild the uvw mapping from vertices
Try checking out this post:
http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums ... _id=399506
shadowmoy
veteran

Post by shadowmoy »

thanks for the link but i already found how to do it thanks again
shadowmoy
veteran

Post by shadowmoy »

does anyone tried like me to replace the sheva head skin by the excella one and notice something ? :wink:
shadowmoy
veteran

Post by shadowmoy »

ok ok some infos :
how the mt framework work ?

it use a special skeleton innovative tool so what ??
quite simple you know the sims 3 ? you can customise your model faces and body and get lot of different models from the same basic mesh no ?

so to say it simply :
they get a hi res female model , rig it then
they apply some skeleton sizing on height, lenght, width to each body part, then modify the skeleton facial bones starting form the same mesh
then they get sheva and excella at hight polys mesh, from this , they generated lod models by deacreasing the poly count for in game models and get the hight res ones for videos sequences, then they just have to modify the uv mapping to fit their owns and do the textures, that is to say they sortened the 3d dev time of all characters reusing a base one , a simple trick to verify it : get the sheva african costume model, select the face , go to uv mapping and rescale it by 2 times the bounding sphere raduis and just move it by the same on y axis and you will notice that the head fit 90% of excella's face texture (only hairs and ears have been uv modified)

so if anyone want excella's model ingame he will need to edit vertex pos from sheva's african model or another with full head and remap some stuff like ears etc... and it will be possible to use the clone ingame BUT the model will be smaller than excella's original one because of the bones positions, since i don't know how works havok, i can say it could be possible to also move the skeleton base position to rescale the model's skeleton, if i got time i will try first the bone pos mod to check if it is possible, if it work as i thought we can start to do some custom models based on the actual ones polys and vertices....
shekofte
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by shekofte »

C:\> shadowmoy
where can i download xandreale model viewer ?
ILLUSORY VIDEO GAMES ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN PRECIOUS INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALLs
shadowmoy
veteran

Post by shadowmoy »

you can't because i don't release it actually :p