Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

[PC] Resident Evil 5

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Surveyor
veteran

[PC] Resident Evil 5

Post by Surveyor »

Hello!
I finally got the Resident Evil 5 for PC and here I will be posting some tools that will help you mess/mod the game :)

Re5Extract:
Caution: before you start make sure you delete one of the shader archives: if you use Dx9 then delete shader10.arc, otherwise (Dx10) just delete shader.arc.

This tool will extract the .arc archives and let you mess with the different models and textures. This is very similar to the Dmc4Extract that was posted earlier here at Xentax.

There is one thing I noticed: when I use the program on another drive than c: it doesn't extract anything!! I don't know why but you better make sure your files are in c: !!

Anyways, put the program in the "nativePc" directory and launch it, if you're lucky enough, you'll see the files extracted to the correct locations so you can apply the noArchive patch (will be released soon).

Let me know if this works !!
Later !!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sectus
veteran

Re: [PC] Resident Evil 5

Post by Sectus »

Great work! I hope to see more stuff from you.

One big problem I've had lately is that I can't figure out the extensions for the mercs definition files (inside s400.arc, inside the soft\merce and soft\merceex directories). They have the header XFS, but that's not the extension they're supposed to have. And unlike most other files, the game is actually okay with not loading them at all. So I can't find out the correct extension via error messages.
ResiHax
n00b

Post by ResiHax »

Ah, yes. That's good. No more constant renaming of those silly extensions. This'll help a lot.

+Thanked
Sectus
veteran

Post by Sectus »

By the way, one thing to note. Some files are different, but have the exact same filename and placed in the same directory. For instance, the model files for Wesker in em80.arc and em81.arc are both pawn\em\em80\model\em8000.mod, but one of them is the model for Wesker without coat and the other with coat. I think it's the same for many other files too. So if you're planning to extract absolutely all the arcs to the same destination, you'll end up with files with different data occasionally overwriting other files.
ResiHax
n00b

Post by ResiHax »

Sectus wrote:By the way, one thing to note. Some files are different, but have the exact same filename and placed in the same directory. For instance, the model files for Wesker in em80.arc and em81.arc are both pawn\em\em80\model\em8000.mod, but one of them is the model for Wesker without coat and the other with coat. I think it's the same for many other files too. So if you're planning to extract absolutely all the arcs to the same destination, you'll end up with files with different data occasionally overwriting other files.
=Problem all the time.

Noting that, it seems even Safari Chris and Normal Chris have the same file name.

We'd need an .arc injector or repacker to get past this. The DMC4 one is for DMC4 only and doesn't work.
Surveyor
veteran

Post by Surveyor »

Hiii!!
Here's more on RE5 PC: Re5Tex: as the name suggests, this tool will convert the TEX texture files into the readable DDS.

This is the same as the Dmc4Tex but I added the DXT3 support.
Becareful though, the original TEX files will be overwritten by the DDS files so make sure you apply this program not to the data you play with.

Later :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Evin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Evin »

ResiHax wrote:We'd need an .arc injector or repacker to get past this. The DMC4 one is for DMC4 only and doesn't work.
Making a repacker is much easier than making an injector, because RE5 use Zlib compression, which is free. DMC4 use modified LZX compression, which source is unknow.
echelon
n00b

Post by echelon »

Nice work Surveyor. For some reason your tool is throwing errors at me but probably I'm doing something wrong, since it works for the others. (Can't open ARC file [pathToRE5\nativePc] and so on...).
Btw: Won't be long until my repacker is done. :)
Gocha
veteran

Post by Gocha »

Can I Modify Subtitle Text and applied font faces for the game? of course I'm hungry for translating this game onto my language which isn't in ANSI, so I need ReDraw font texture if is it and then change text into russian text (translating not in Russian)
My great respect and appreciation for them, who research game files! Special thanks to: aluigi, bacter, DerPlaya, Rick, Turfster, twig, Zench. Sorry if someone is missing in my list, I'll update when I'll notice it again
shadowmoy
veteran

Post by shadowmoy »

do you figured out how to extract uv on mod files ?
if not it is quite simple just divide uv[0] and uv[1] by 65535

// D3DDECLTYPE_SHORT4N POSITION '//must divide all vals by 32767
// D3DDECLTYPE_UBYTE4 BLENDINDICES '//must divide all vals by 255
// D3DDECLTYPE_UBYTE4N BLENDWEIGHT '//must divide all vals by 255
// D3DDECLTYPE_UBYTE4N NORMAL '//must divide all vals by 255
// D3DDECLTYPE_UBYTE4N TANGENT '//must divide all vals by 255
// D3DDECLTYPE_FLOAT16_2 TEXCOORD '//must divide all vals by 65535
// D3DDECLTYPE_FLOAT16_2 TEXCOORD '//must divide all vals by 65535
//D3DDECLTYPE_SHORT2N POSITION '//must divide all vals by 32767
//D3DDECLTYPE_DEC3N '//must divide all vals by 511

all those are packed to get more performance on gpu

(sorry for my poor english)
then in the obj extractor just add vt value1 value2

i am currently working on a *.mod viewer for re5 and found that some models use subobjects from others models
to avoid the pancake effect i think you must recalculate each vertex using bones (using vertexweights).
i have coded a ms3d loader that use some asm for realtime animation , based on it i think i will easily do a viewer for re5 on my spare time...
_-=<(¯`·._.·[ CodeMan ]·._.·´¯)>=-_
JeffT
n00b

Post by JeffT »

Can anyone write a repacker for RE5 .arc format please.
Gocha
veteran

Post by Gocha »

JeffT wrote:Can anyone write a repacker for RE5 .arc format please.
+1 8D
My great respect and appreciation for them, who research game files! Special thanks to: aluigi, bacter, DerPlaya, Rick, Turfster, twig, Zench. Sorry if someone is missing in my list, I'll update when I'll notice it again
ResiHax
n00b

Post by ResiHax »

JeffT wrote:Can anyone write a repacker for RE5 .arc format please.
I'm sure someone is.

However, something we discovered at RE4&5PC was that the game possibly crashes if the .arc file is a different size. However this could be incorrect.
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

The archives are just zlib it should be easy to write a repacker though the files may be slightly bigger in size when done.
ResiHax
n00b

Post by ResiHax »

chrrox wrote:The archives are just zlib it should be easy to write a repacker though the files may be slightly bigger in size when done.
Which is a problem based on our info.