Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

[PC] Devil May Cry 4

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Sectus
veteran

Re: [PC] Devil May Cry 4

Post by Sectus »

PC version of RE5 is released now and I've been trying to do some basic modding myself. I tried to replace Chris and Sheva with Jill and Wesker, but hit some rather big obstacles.

I've got more info here: http://z6.invisionfree.com/Resident_Evi ... topic=9687
DMCdesigns
ultra-n00b

Post by DMCdesigns »

Surveyor wrote:This is a pic to demonstrate how I abused nero to make him even more devilish ... poor nero.
How did you edit the model? I mean when I use your converter and try to import the *.obj file in Autodesk Maya 2009 an error appears... However I used the Autodesk FBX Converter to open the file, but the more important thing is that I can't export into a file that works with the game... And I don't have a *.obj to *.mod converter... So can you tell me exactly how you did that? I also tried to edit the model with HEX - it worked, but I got just a few distorted vertices... :(
zeeh
beginner

Post by zeeh »

Please evin, I need some help here. Your MSG2Editor tool is working fine extracting txt from msg2 file, but I am a little lost on how to compile text back. With "msg2editor mes_event_e.MSG2 -r" params I only got a zero-length file named mes_event_e.MSG22 (files mes_event_e.MSG2.txt and mes_event_e.MSG2 are in the same folder). Thanks in advance.
Evin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Evin »

In this case, I need the original msg2 and the new txt.
zeeh
beginner

Post by zeeh »

The files are attached, thanks a lot.
files.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Evin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Evin »

The facts:
-this is a DMC4 topik
-my program compatible only with DMC4 .msg2 files
-this is a Resident Evil 5 msg2 file!
-I don't have the game, to update my program to RE5 (I need to testing)
Surveyor
veteran

Post by Surveyor »

Hi :D
Sectus wrote:PC version of RE5 is released now and I've been trying to do some basic modding myself.
Where I live, RE5 PC isn't available in stores yet so I can't tell, IMO simply switching the models won't garantee a correct behaviour: the different models have different bone count and an animation for model A with lets say 50 bones doesn't fit with model B with more or less bones.
Sectus wrote:How did you edit the model?
I just used a hex editor and messed with bone offsets, you know those matrices that determine the bind pose for the models. This modification was only to show that we could modify a file and still run the game properly.
Sectus wrote:but the more important thing is that I can't export into a file that works with the game..
Export function is unavailable right now. Once I have a full understanding of the model/animation formats I'll try to make a complete import/export :)
DMCdesigns
ultra-n00b

Post by DMCdesigns »

Thanks for the reply and good luck with the tools. :)
zeeh
beginner

Post by zeeh »

Sorry evin, my bad. Hope we could have RE5 support soon :)
Thanks anyway.
Sectus
veteran

Post by Sectus »

Surveyor wrote:Hi :D
Where I live, RE5 PC isn't available in stores yet so I can't tell, IMO simply switching the models won't garantee a correct behaviour: the different models have different bone count and an animation for model A with lets say 50 bones doesn't fit with model B with more or less bones.
Did you watch my youtube video in that link?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKEn4Jiyj8U - Animation wise the mod works pretty well. I'm not too knowledge about 3D animation, but I get the impression the game uses a system where animations are usable on just about all character models. The only major animation problems I hit was if I changed Chris into one of the female characters, then some of the dynamic parts of the model didn't work (like ponytail and boob bounce). Another problem is that the generic animations (walk/run/aim etc) is something I haven't been able to replace so far. I dunno where the animation files for those are, or if it's something which could be changed anyway. I'd give anything for an SDK right now!

Where do you live by the way? I thought the game was released worldwide by now.
Sectus
veteran

Post by Sectus »

One quick question to chrrox: Can you remember where the model files for Gloria, Trish and Lady are stored in DMC4?
Surveyor
veteran

Post by Surveyor »

zeeh wrote:Sorry evin, my bad. Hope we could have RE5 support soon
THere will be a Re5 thread separate from this one for the sake of clarity, I hope nobody sees any inconvenience in this!!
Sectus wrote:Did you watch my youtube video in that link?
No I didn't, my connection can't allow this!
Sectus wrote:here do you live by the way?
In some place that ressembles to the bermuda triangle where nothing works as it's supposed to.
dexter
ultra-n00b

Post by dexter »

Hi guys, I want change the characters in DMC4 like this: -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b16UVOEQazk
So I got this tool to extract all the game's content "Dmc4Patch_01.exe" and when I ran to open the window and began to progress:
But seconds later it closed, I scared because she did not borrow any place to save files. And to my unhappiness when I run the game now it did not work!
There is another method to only modify the file we want and not the whole game? And about this tool is what I did wrong, I ran into the same folder where was the game's executable. :cry:
Sectus
veteran

Post by Sectus »

dexter wrote:Hi guys, I want change the characters in DMC4 like this: -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b16UVOEQazk
So I got this tool to extract all the game's content "Dmc4Patch_01.exe" and when I ran to open the window and began to progress:
But seconds later it closed, I scared because she did not borrow any place to save files. And to my unhappiness when I run the game now it did not work!
There is another method to only modify the file we want and not the whole game? And about this tool is what I did wrong, I ran into the same folder where was the game's executable. :cry:
I haven't used that specific tool myself, but I always create a temporary directory and only copy the arcs I need when I mod RE5, to make sure I don't accidentally mess up other files. Did you check if the .exe files were renamed? To be on the safe side, you could simply reinstall the game (the savegame files are in My Documents so they should be safe).

I was planning on trying a similar mod myself, but I just have no idea where the model files are for Gloria, Trish and Lady.
swordzero
ultra-n00b

Post by swordzero »

Hi, Im trying to extract the models of DMC4 this is what i did:

1 Use RPGViewer and search for the game files
2 Use Addon - Advance Extract
3 Use DMC4Extract to add extensions to files
4 Use DMC4Tex to change textures to .dds
5 Use DMC4Model.exe to convert the .mod to .obj

I did all this but theres no .mtl for the obj. How do i get it

Thanks in Advance

PS: I wanted to ask if when I extract the file of Dante and Nero (from the player file not enemy or cutscene) I get the Devil Trigger of both, Im asking because with RPGViewer I can see textures for DT.

Another thing after I get the .arc files that i want can I uninstall DMC4, Im running short on space.

Thanks.