Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

UbiSoft Audio Stream Decoder

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
clayman
n00b

Re: UbiSoft Audio Stream Decoder

Post by clayman »

Hi Zench, and thanks again for your tool. :) A quick one -- Does it support Prince of persia 2008 .forge files? I'm dying to be able to extract the music from the game. :)
Zench
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Zench »

clayman wrote:Hi Zench, and thanks again for your tool. :) A quick one -- Does it support Prince of persia 2008 .forge files? I'm dying to be able to extract the music from the game. :)
I don't know. It's probably like Assassin's Creed, doable but very very difficult. I'm probably not a good person to ask because I don't have the game. Perhaps Kataah can help you? We were just trying a few posts ago but I'm not sure what the verdict was. But hey just give it a shot and see if it works. :D
And I said, "The well has finally run dry." So then that will be my battle cry.
Gocha
veteran

Post by Gocha »

Zench wrote:So if anyone wants to decode the voice tracks from SC1 PC (which is the only place I saw it), just tell me.
I want more than anyother sound streams! Coz I'm going to translate speeches for the game, so can I extract and import with your tool?
My great respect and appreciation for them, who research game files! Special thanks to: aluigi, bacter, DerPlaya, Rick, Turfster, twig, Zench. Sorry if someone is missing in my list, I'll update when I'll notice it again
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

Hello zench i took a look at double agent for 360 and it seems to use a different ubi stream version rather than the pc version.

i provided the SS4 file below, this seems compressed as the pc's is 1gb, this is like 300mb.

Could it be XMA mixed?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V048VJB6
Zench
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Zench »

Yes. Here's a tool I made to more or less decode it automatically. First do a layer extract on the big file, then extract this ZIP to a directory with towave, and then run DecodeCurrentDir. It's more of a hack so it doesn't work 100 percent of the time but it should be okay.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

Thx zench.

BTW will this work for other headerless xma's if i can edit the batch file?
Gocha
veteran

Post by Gocha »

plz Zench make so to extract wav/import in 1st splinter cell game's sound speech files, i want to translate it
My great respect and appreciation for them, who research game files! Special thanks to: aluigi, bacter, DerPlaya, Rick, Turfster, twig, Zench. Sorry if someone is missing in my list, I'll update when I'll notice it again
Zench
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Zench »

OrangeC wrote:BTW will this work for other headerless xma's if i can edit the batch file?
I suppose it might. It just looks for the 08 00 00 00 pattern in the file and replaces what was before it with a generic header.
Gocha wrote:plz Zench make so to extract wav/import in 1st splinter cell game's sound speech files, i want to translate it
Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about you. I know it's been a long time, but I've been very busy recently so I just haven't had time to work on it. I assure you, it may take a long time (being a few months or more), but I will finish it.

Edit: Fixed little mistake in the search pattern.
Last edited by Zench on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

Zench wrote:
OrangeC wrote:BTW will this work for other headerless xma's if i can edit the batch file?
I suppose it might. It just looks for the 00 00 00 08 pattern in the file and replaces what was before it with a generic header..

Tried some hacks but didnt seem to work. it just generated the header only in the output xma file, i might be doing soemthing wrong but not sure.

My file only has the stream id at the beginning.
Zench
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Zench »

I don't know if this will help or not but it actually searches for 08 00 00 00 with the 08 at the beginning, not the other way around like I wrote before. And that pattern has to be on an offset that is a multiple of 4 (for example 0 4 8 ...).
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

Your right, however there are other xma types with different patters to decode from, like 1C 00 00 00 ect ect.

This tool has a lot of potential though, its such a pain doing headerless xma's one by one then renaming the decoded file again after you convert.
pietastesgood
advanced

Post by pietastesgood »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

Okay i have used the maki plug in to extract the BAO's it is indeed xma data, and the patter retaisn the same as zench said, so i put in the xma header before the 08000 pattern and it converted one of the files, i dont know how it willl work for interleaved files, but i will try.

EDIT: Okay interleaved streams didn't decode, i think this is our main problem here.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C8QR17OQ

here is a sample
Zench
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Zench »

Hi all! It's been a while.
OrangeC wrote:Okay i have used the maki plug in to extract the BAO's it is indeed xma data, and the patter retaisn the same as zench said, so i put in the xma header before the 08000 pattern and it converted one of the files, i dont know how it willl work for interleaved files, but i will try.

EDIT: Okay interleaved streams didn't decode, i think this is our main problem here.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C8QR17OQ

here is a sample
This is more of an XMA issue rather than a UbiSoft stream issue, right? I really don't know that much about XMA. What we need to do is to parse the headers, I think. Sorry that I haven't been working on this. :(

Status update for SC1 voice audio: I'm about 75% done with the decoder. There is still a little bit of noise in the decoded audio which I have to locate the source of. :wink:
Gocha
veteran

Post by Gocha »

Thanks Zench! I'm just finished translating Splinter Cell 1 text and waiting you to finish it,

See your P.M.