Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Divine Divinity 2 ".DV2" file.

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
sonycman
ultra-n00b

Re: Divine Divinity 2 ".DV2" file.

Post by sonycman »

Hello guys!
I`ve got an extractor utility for these .dv2 files.
There it is: http://www.sendspace.com/file/942i5p

This utility succesfully extracts all the files in specified archive.
jbeckman
advanced

Post by jbeckman »

Nicely done and thanks. :)

EDIT: Very useful, albeit the "Textures.dv2" file isn't unpacked correctly as each file is 0 kb, completely blank that is, other than that it works great. :)

EDIT: Seems to be correct that the game only loads some files once unpacked, it's never quite as easy as expected, perhaps reversing the unpacking process to pack files would work to force the game to load the new data?
Last edited by jbeckman on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sonycman
ultra-n00b

Post by sonycman »

.dv2 archive structure:

[04 00 00 00].........id tag?
[xx]....................0 - packed data aligned to 0x8000 (32768) bytes boundary; 1 - not aligned, continuous stream
[01]....................don`t know
[xx xx xx xx].........offset to start of packed data
[xx xx xx xx].........length of filename array
[...]....................array of null terminated filename strings
[xx xx xx xx].........number of files

[xx xx xx xx].........offset to packed data...\
[xx xx xx xx].........packed data length........} repeat for each file
[xx xx xx xx].........unpacked data length.../

[...]....................packed data stream, aligned or continuous (depends on data align byte)

Many thanks to camrade IvanAls for writing the program and getting this information :)
madpaddy
ultra-n00b

Post by madpaddy »

Nice to see some progress,just wish i was able to help but most of this is above my knowledge level :(.Keep up the good work guys for your hard work lol :gulp:
CMihai
veteran

Post by CMihai »

good job :D
sonycman
ultra-n00b

Post by sonycman »

I did exactly what you said, but the game does not see unpacked folders/files.
Even with the original value - "German" - in the system registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Larian Studios\Divinity2\Language, and Dialogs.dv2 file deleted\renamed the game runs without voices\lipsync...
It works only with it`s original packed archives, but won`t read unpacked data in these directories:
Divinity II - Ego Draconis\Data\Sound\Soundbanks\Win32\English\
Divinity II - Ego Draconis\Data\Win32\Characters\Dialogs\

But why? Maybe, you did some other modifications to the original game? Registry keys? Command line options?
madpaddy
ultra-n00b

Post by madpaddy »

Yeh it doesnt seem to work the way you say m8,if you can please post a step by step fools guide that would be great cheers.
madpaddy
ultra-n00b

Post by madpaddy »

Ok this is how i got it working"""i think lol"" follow those instructions from before but i removed the diologs.DV2 file from the win32/ packed /foulder ,i allso copy these foulders,from the sound soundbanks win32 foulder copy the english foulder then paste it too data/win32,and also paste it to data/win32/packed.I also copyed this foulder from the download link its the edited dialogs with the english extention,i copyed it to data/win32/characters/dialogs,and also copied it to data/win32/packed,so in the packed foulder you have a characters foulder with the dialogs foulder inside it.Hope this helps i cant be sure this will work ,i have files and foulders all over from messing with it lol,but it was after doing this that it started working.Dont forget to alter the reg with regedit search for divinity and alter any de to en and any German to English.

..Ps I also have the german 1.01 patch installed not sure if that makes a difference or not.
jbeckman
advanced

Post by jbeckman »

What I did was that I unpacked the Dialog.dv2 archive, moved both resulting folders back to the game folder\Data\

Then I went into the "\Data\Sound\Soundbanks\Win32\" folder and renamed the "German" folder to "English" to add access to the "sound bank" files (Compressed files with sounds in them, .bnk) as the original English localization won't be available until it's release in September sometime.

After that I went back and then into the "\Win32\Characters\Dialogs" folder where I renamed all the types of "FileGerman.dialog" to "FileEnglish.dialog" (The archive I uploaded here as renaming all files takes a bit of time.)

Then I altered the Larian key in the registry or rather the string value "Language" from German to English, game will start with English text and when switching voice types in the character menu they'll play a German voice audio preview.

Other than that nothing is done or altered with the game or game files (Dialog.dv2 is present as well.) though I also use the 1.01 patch.

If the above folder rename won't work from "German" to "English" try with "English(US)" instead.
madpaddy
ultra-n00b

Post by madpaddy »

jbeckman wrote:What I did was that I unpacked the Dialog.dv2 archive, moved both resulting folders back to the game folder\Data\

Then I went into the "\Data\Sound\Soundbanks\Win32\" folder and renamed the "German" folder to "English" to add access to the "sound bank" files (Compressed files with sounds in them, .bnk) as the original English localization won't be available until it's release in September sometime.

After that I went back and then into the "\Win32\Characters\Dialogs" folder where I renamed all the types of "FileGerman.dialog" to "FileEnglish.dialog" (The archive I uploaded here as renaming all files takes a bit of time.)

Then I altered the Larian key in the registry or rather the string value "Language" from German to English, game will start with English text and when switching voice types in the character menu they'll play a German voice audio preview.

Other than that nothing is done or altered with the game or game files (Dialog.dv2 is present as well.) though I also use the 1.01 patch.

If the above folder rename won't work from "German" to "English" try with "English(US)" instead.
Mmm strange thats what i did at first m8 even though i have it working with english text i get no dialog sounds altall :(,ill try a reinstall tomorrow and see if i can get it going the way you say cheers.
jbeckman
advanced

Post by jbeckman »

Strange, in the "\Divinity2\Data\Sound\Soundbanks\Win32" I have three folders (English, English(US) and German) but only the one named English should be required and it contains the extracted .bnk files. (It takes a bit of space though I guess you could try to have both English and German folders.)

Then in the "\Divinity2\Data\Win32\Characters\Dialogs" there's the files named for example "AL_AD_Br_Ch.dialog" and "AL_AD_Br_ChEnglish.dialog" (Previously named "AL_AD_Br_ChGerman.dialog") albeit only the latter should be needed.

Aside from that it's just the registry alteration, all files are present and nothing else is modified or altered.
(There's a dialogdata.xml file in the "\Data\Win32\Characters" folder but it shouldn't do anything, just from when extracting the archive.)

Extracting was done by simply dropping the .dv2 file over the dv2_u.exe file.

EDIT: Seems to be "English(US)" and not "English", seems I made a mistake somewhere but at least it was easily corrected.
madpaddy
ultra-n00b

Post by madpaddy »

jbeckman wrote:Strange, in the "\Divinity2\Data\Sound\Soundbanks\Win32" I have three folders (English, English(US) and German) but only the one named English should be required and it contains the extracted .bnk files. (It takes a bit of space though I guess you could try to have both English and German folders.)

Then in the "\Divinity2\Data\Win32\Characters\Dialogs" there's the files named for example "AL_AD_Br_Ch.dialog" and "AL_AD_Br_ChEnglish.dialog" (Previously named "AL_AD_Br_ChGerman.dialog") albeit only the latter should be needed.

Aside from that it's just the registry alteration, all files are present and nothing else is modified or altered.
(There's a dialogdata.xml file in the "\Data\Win32\Characters" folder but it shouldn't do anything, just from when extracting the archive.)

Extracting was done by simply dropping the .dv2 file over the dv2_u.exe file.

EDIT: Seems to be "English(US)" and not "English", seems I made a mistake somewhere but at least it was easily corrected.
Ok will change the English foulder to English(US) and try that other than that its working with english text so well done m8 :up:

PPs yes changing the English to English(us) did it works great ,English text for everything including chat ,and speach spoken in german.
Last edited by madpaddy on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sonycman
ultra-n00b

Post by sonycman »

Yes, "English(US)" instead of just "English" did the job!
It works for me!
English text with german voices - just what I want!

Thanks for your help, finally we "did" this game :D
Last edited by sonycman on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Congrats to all ! You've made excellent progress. :wv: :bravo:
kimono
ultra-n00b

Post by kimono »

Awesome work gentlemen, great community here :>

E: Next thing would be cracking open these .NIF files so I can start getting some of my work in there :)
Last edited by kimono on Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.