Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

play a different ogg

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
mikehood
advanced

play a different ogg

Post by mikehood »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
Darkfox
VVIP member
VVIP member

Re: play a different ogg

Post by Darkfox »

Which game? I know Unreal 2003 and 2004 are perfectly normal formats. Something seems pretty off about this OGG viewing it in hex as per compared to a normal OGG.

Information: #LANCER: aoTuV b5 [20061024] (based on Xiph.Org's libV…

aoTUV is an encoder, b5 is "beta 5". But are you sure this is extracted properly, is it working right?
Lancer is the codename for the highly-optimized suite of Vorbis libraries and utilities by BlackSword of the Ogg Vorbis Acceleration Project.
This OGG file seems cut short or corrupted. Or perhaps encoded in an unusual fashion. How did you obtain it and from what game?

Edit: I speculate that this file is LZO'd. I'm no expert at compression, but this seems to be compressed on top of the vorbis compression making it unplayable.
Rheini

Post by Rheini »

Compressing an ogg file? I've never encountered something like that cause it doesn't make sense.
Couldn't it be some kind of encryption?
Savage
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Savage »

I agree with Darkfox, Unreal Engine uses a lot of compression schemes, like zip, zlib, lzo, etc, in this case looks lzo
Darkfox
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by Darkfox »

Indeed. This must be fairly recent to. Seeing as earlier Unreal games used just normal OGG. Perhaps a form of LZO decompression tool would work. Though... hm... as I recall, the Unreal Editor could save music files in their native format. Maybe it'd decompress it for you?
heaths
ultra-n00b

Post by heaths »

i prefer the e3 its dosnt budge and gets in there good, but its really what you do good with, everyone is different :roll:
simulationcredit