Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

some suggestions for xentax !

Got a comment, question or silly remark that doesn't fit any of the other MultiEx fora? This is the place to post 'em.
shekofte
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

some suggestions for xentax !

Post by shekofte »

thanks a lot for efforts of administer and other personal of xentax .
I am a beginner and learned many valuable materials about games at xentax .
Last edited by shekofte on Mon May 11, 2009 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
ILLUSORY VIDEO GAMES ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN PRECIOUS INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALLs
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Re: some suggestions for xentax !

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Some nice suggestions you have there, shekofte. :) It would certainly help if some web programmers would step forward to join a development team, as I can't do all that by myself. An experienced coder would take the lead in developing the site further. But for some reason they are hard to get by.
Rheini

Post by Rheini »

shekofte wrote:2:COMPETITION
choose a problem and give score to the solvers .
advantage of it is,that problem solves fastly with teamwork and everyone can compare himself with others.
no bad idea, but the question is, which topics get that extra attention? (everyone wants "his" topics to be the ones etc)
4:VOICE CHAT
it is so cool ! and in some cases CHAT is more helpful than writing !
chatting is senseless. Information about formats given there are not reachable by others. You can always PM someone to make an appointment on ICQ or Skype or whatever.
5:BAZAAR
a section that can achieve information about ways make money with extracted 3d models ,.....
You aren't allowed to give anything extracted from a commercial game to anyone, not to mention selling stuff.
6:MORAL
so far the most important subject was files ! tracing factors that made successful games !
this is useful for who want to develope an interesting game.
There are hundreds of game development sites and forums around the web. This one should be kept clean.

But something similar could indeed be useful, a subforum for the tool programmers around here. Where you can share or discuss things like (useful?! :) ) code you've written, compression routines, encryption schemes, programming techniques and other stuff that could be useful for writing those nifty little tools.

OH and PLEASE stop adding that picture of your mouth, it's annoying.
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by lionheartuk »

Rheini wrote:
shekofte wrote: OH and PLEASE stop adding that picture of your mouth, it's annoying.
i SECOND that....
I mean seriously...at least make it smaller...its the same size as a normal post...shrink it or something please
shekofte
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by shekofte »

YES SIRE I DONT ADD MY TRADEMARK ANY MORE +
ILLUSORY VIDEO GAMES ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN PRECIOUS INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALLs
Dinoguy1000
Site Admin

Post by Dinoguy1000 »

Note that you can create a signature in your profile that will automatically be added to all of your posts. It can contain text, links to other pages or websites, or images (but please, not that image of your mouth).
Welcome to Xentax!

Rules | Requests | Wiki | Discord

If you run across a post that breaks the rules, please report the post - a mod or admin will handle it from there.
Rahly
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by Rahly »

Please don't give him any ideas, dino!
"By nature men are alike. Through practice they have become far apart." Confucius (Analect 17:2)
Dinoguy1000
Site Admin

Post by Dinoguy1000 »

I don't see what the harm is, considering sigs can be changed by admins or even locked to prevent the user from changing him... It'd be a 30-second job to remove his sig and lock him from changing it for a week or so if he does something disruptive (or at least as annoying as that image of his mouth) with it.
Welcome to Xentax!

Rules | Requests | Wiki | Discord

If you run across a post that breaks the rules, please report the post - a mod or admin will handle it from there.
Rheini

Post by Rheini »

Rheini wrote:But something similar could indeed be useful, a subforum for the tool programmers around here. Where you can share or discuss things like (useful?! :) ) code you've written, compression routines, encryption schemes, programming techniques and other stuff that could be useful for writing those nifty little tools.
What do you think?
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

How would this subforum look like? We are currently working on a site that will allows us all to upload our custom made tools for everyone to download. This will hopefully bring order to chaos with all these tools. But the forum, how would that look like ? I mean other than the Code forum that is in place now? Should people apply for access there ? Like a coder-private forum ?
Rheini

Post by Rheini »

Don't know, it was just a thought.
Currently I post coding stuff into the Coding forum, e.g. my recently posted code for string matching which could be useful for file signature scanners. I dunno if it is thought to be used like that.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Ok, you mean to have it away from the MultiEx Commander forum, I think? That makes sense. We we create a new Code forum then (with subforums) or move the Code forum to the Game Research Forum?
Crypton
advanced

Post by Crypton »

I really hate that fckn mouth pic !!! Why you cant just make a normal signature like everybody else does ? I always start to feel ill when I see that weird pic...

Now for the topic, you should really stop messin this forum, look at your other threads, like in model section, you made a thread when you said that you are going to prepare a list of extractable models and what we got ? 4 games in list ? You just make a useless threads and they you go away, without updating or checking for responses....

1. Code section
2. Too late for that, and whats score ? what I can buy with this score ? Could I buy a bread ?
3. Too bad to make a private section for so public place, also I think that there is section like that but you dont know about that
4. I think that is too gay! not too cool...
5. Dont remind me a models, you did enough I think.
6. Thats aimed for dev forums...
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by lionheartuk »

Calm down dude lol, He stopped that terrible and slightly creepy, mouth picture a whlie back now...though i did worry he changed it to that random long poem/song under his 1st post in this topic (Though i couldnt help but read it..and be a bit like :? wtf?)

I agree with the 1st suggestion...
The points thing is kinda stupid.. But on another forum we have thanks...like if i helped you solve something u can give me a thanks or something...personaly that doesnt interest me but the forum still has it..and i somehow have 6 thanks currently...

3 makes me laugh as it could already exist just I dont know about it:P but...if you wanna be personal...find a personal forum...not this one.

Voice chat..NO...many people on this forum are not english and many requests are in very broken english...plus...im british...im not so big on american accents...and ontop of that what you said makes sense...just type things...as its not asif we plan on recording every conversation ever.

I dont quite get what makes him think of selling models...if thats his purpose from the start then it deserves a BAN in my opinion...We take models...and we learn from them and play with them, we dont sell them and we dont distribute them, thats just asking for a lawsuit really.

The idea of a forum for the few game developers here is interesting i guess, but id prefer to go to a forum where everyone else is a game developer and they can help me propperly and provide useful advice (not that im saying anyone here cant...Im just saying that so far as i know most people here arent 3D trained or work in the 3d industry or games industry in general.)

yeah thats about it from me i guess...Though im still happy about that mouth picture being gone.
Crypton
advanced

Post by Crypton »

Okey I'm calm and happy now, I dont see any personal photo in avatar nor signature, so now I can call him a "normal" user again :D