Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Monopoly's huge .GCF file.

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Zench
VIP member
VIP member

Re: Monopoly's huge .GCF file.

Post by Zench »

Mr.Mouse wrote:Nice work! I feel a newspost coming up ;) , right?
Yep. 8)
And I said, "The well has finally run dry." So then that will be my battle cry.
bizzybody
beginner

Post by bizzybody »

I found a freeware SWF extractor that doesn't screw up transparency. Fortop SWF Resources Extractor http://www.fortop-digital.com/product/s ... extractor/

Yesssss, now my plan of combining original and here & now Monopoly may begin! (Except for the bit of needing to find downloads of the H&N money like Hasbro/Parker Bros. has for the original.)

Edit: It appears that the Chance and Community Chest card images are very well hidden in the Here & Now version. Neither SWF extractor finds them in any of the SWF files. :( I've been unable to find any pictures online of those cards or the money from this version of the game. :P
delgerdalai
ultra-n00b

Post by delgerdalai »

Hi all,

uint16 Uncompressed size of File info Header

How i calculate Uncompressed size of File info Header. (orignal value 463, actually uncompress file info header size is 535 :( ). i want edit xml files after recompress game.gcf.
but i can't calculate Uncompressed size of File info Header. :( .

Sorry my bad english.
Zench
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Zench »

The uncompressed size is the size before all of the file entries are compressed with zlib (and it would be the size after they are decompressed). So you basically construct the file info entries and the size of that is the uncompressed size, and then you compress it with zlib, and then that is the compressed size. If it actually uncompresses to a different size that what that value is, I don't know what to tell you. Re-compression should be okay, though.
delgerdalai
ultra-n00b

Post by delgerdalai »

Zench wrote:The uncompressed size is the size before all of the file entries are compressed with zlib (and it would be the size after they are decompressed). So you basically construct the file info entries and the size of that is the uncompressed size, and then you compress it with zlib, and then that is the compressed size. If it actually uncompresses to a different size that what that value is, I don't know what to tell you. Re-compression should be okay, though.
:( , Image

I think first 2 bytes are not a uncompressed file header size.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zench
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Zench »

delgerdalai wrote:I think first 2 bytes are not a uncompressed file header size.
You're right -- and I don't know else what they could be, unfortunately. You'll just have to experiment with it. By the way, neat tool.
andyloi
ultra-n00b

Post by andyloi »

please!
how to edit the language file?
bizzybody
beginner

Post by bizzybody »

Has anyone been able to dig out the Chance and Community Chest card images in the Here & Now version?
hunpatrik
veteran

Post by hunpatrik »

Is there a way to recompile the .gcf file?
ZeoWorks
ultra-n00b

Post by ZeoWorks »

Any updates on this?
I'm trying to mod this game to have other editions with different boards and stuff.
When using the "Game editor" provided in this thread; the game will recompile ok, but when I click on the .exe to play I'll get an error and it wont boot.
I am simply changing image graphics. Thanks!
ZeoWorks
ultra-n00b

Post by ZeoWorks »

I'm willing to pay someone to come forward and create a working recompile system (so images can be edited in an external program then recompiled back into a gcf file).
The tool in this topic does not allow this unfortunately, it causes crashes when you attempt to play the game with a gcf modified with the current tool on this topic.
bizzybody
beginner

Post by bizzybody »

Has anyone been able to find out where the Chance and Community Chest card images are hidden?
Moosicus
ultra-n00b

Post by Moosicus »

I have wanted to see how the graphics for TikGames Monopoly are constructed for years, and was poking around the game files tonight, trying out various things (gcfscape, etc - none of which worked). So I did a search on TikGames Monopoly game.gcf and found this thread. :)

I can confirm that Zench's excellent GcfExtr tool works great to extract the the SWF files from game.gcf for TikGames Monopoly and that the SWF Picture Extractor works great to extract the images from the SWF file to JPB, BMP, and PNG. (It took a while to run on my old laptop - maybe 5 minutes or so to do the extract and save).

Anyway, just registered here so I could post and say thanks. :)

bizzybody wrote:Has anyone been able to find out where the Chance and Community Chest card images are hidden?
Sorry, can't help with this. I don't have Here and Now. The links you provided on page 1 no longer work. Have you looked in all of the extracted SWFs ?
matan2001
ultra-n00b

Post by matan2001 »

Just registered an account for this forum in order to try and extract the catchy music from the Monopoly game, and I'm glad to say the GcfExtr tool works absolutely wonderful! Thank you so much Zench!

Also, I've found a tool which really helps editing the main game.swf. The program is called "JPEXS Flash Decomplier" and it allows extraction and editing of all sprites, images, texts, fonts, scripts and more. https://github.com/jindrapetrik/jpexs-decompiler
bizzybody wrote:Has anyone been able to find out where the Chance and Community Chest card images are hidden?
If you go into JPEXS and onto the "images" section in the "game.swf" file, you'll find there the Chance and Community Chest image (you'll need to scroll down a bit).