Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Help with *.arc files

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
nobange
ultra-n00b

Re: Help with *.arc files

Post by nobange »

Hello,

Rick, could you make such extractor for other language version of this game? It cannot be extracted with your program because of different encryption key. Here's the link to smallest .arc file and system.dll from the game: http://uploaded.to/?id=1z2r7l.
Rick

Post by Rick »

My tool uses a DLL from the game to extract... if it's failing for your version then I don't know why, sorry.
https://blog.gib.me/

Don't ask me about localization tools; if you don't have the resources to develop them yourself you don't need them.
nobange
ultra-n00b

Post by nobange »

I know, that's why I attached this dll for you :) Could you just look at it? With your experience I hope you'll manage to modify the tool to extract files from my version too. It's easier than trying to figure it out from the beginning, I think. Sorry for bothering if you don't have time... but maybe... maybe... Noone else can help me with this.
Mordar
ultra-n00b

Post by Mordar »

I had similar problem with Polish version of the game so I used Rheini format description to create my extracting tool. The only diffrence I found is that in my files some data are written on 2 bytes instead of 1 (FileName[256],FilePath[512]). The file type can be selected in the tool.

I've made this application only because the movies from the game are not working on my PC. Thanks to this forum I can play the game and watch the movies in external player.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Davero
ultra-n00b

Post by Davero »

I'd like to thank you very much Mordar for your tool. It's easy to use and do exactly what should be done. Music form this game is really worth listening to.

Of course many thanks also to Rheini and Rick who started deal with it :D.
GUGUCHA
ultra-n00b

Post by GUGUCHA »

hi sorry for the Google translation
I unpacked "Experience 112" the English version of Steam, but I can not unpack "Experience 112" the Russian disc version - there are probably other encoding - I need to get out Russian text and audio - help me please
Here one file .arc https://mega.nz/#!St4xCKqR!GaORZPm9M9Nq ... a1NpuYNlqc
abcdef
ultra-n00b

Post by abcdef »

Hello, sorry for extreme necroposting, but that thread seems to be the only thread about unpacking Experience112 resources. I've tried to use extractors posted earlier here, but no one of them works correctly in my case. So I wrote my own extractor, it doesn't use game libs and works with archives that have either 1-byte and 2-byte character encodings (it automatically determines which one is used). Tested on English and Russian localization, probably will work with other ones. You can get it from GitHub here.

Usage
Put the extractor executable file to the directory with .arc file, open console window and type: exp112ArcExtractor archiveName.arc

Thanks to guys from this thread for .arc file structure explanation.

P.S. Probably you don't need that extractor. In my case the game was stuck on French localization (according to logs, for some strange reason the game tried to find some files from French localization when the installed localization was Russian). Also the game ignored changes that I made in experience112.ini. I thought that I'll unpack some archives and rename some files to make the game think that it uses French localization and run correctly. But the solution was much simpler: All I needed to do is to delete experience112.ini, run the game (it recreates config file if it doesn't exist), and after that the game used the information from the new config file and worked properly with Russian localization.