Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Splinter Cell 2 .SS0 Music

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
Zench
VIP member
VIP member

Re: Splinter Cell 2 .SS0 Music

Post by Zench »

RonHayter wrote:Do you have any idea how the offsets to the sounds that are inside MAPS.SM0 are determined? I still haven't figured that out for Myst III.
No, I haven't yet. But I tried this and it works some of the time: take the offset of the end of the directory, which is where the audio data is supposed to start, and add the size of each internal sound (there is a flag to indicate whether or not the sound is here) in progression taking into account the padding (4 in my case). I wrote a small Lua script to parse the file. This worked with the sound effects (MAPS.SM0), but did not work with the voices (ENGLISH\MAPS.LM0), or at least there was some problem which I still need to figure out. I will do more experimentation with this.

About the GUI: I'm adding a feature that displays the currently playing segment in bold. If you have any feature requests I would like to hear them.
Mirrodin wrote:Sweet! I am still promising tutorials of the program. I'm still breaking down the tutorial structure so it may be a while before I post anything, But i'll be sure to link and give credit to all who are involved. If anyone has any suggestions on whether they'd like to see a game-specific tutorial series, or a general tutorial covering specific functions of the program (regardless of game), please feel free to comment! I haven't actually started writing them yet. but I will asap when I get some feedback from you guys!
I would at least like to see a tutorial that describes the general use of my program, because it is a little bit complicated. And series- or game-specific tutorials would be awesome too!
And I said, "The well has finally run dry." So then that will be my battle cry.
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

Nice to hear from you zerich.

As for feature requests, could there be a feature for us to mix arrange layers but in our own way, not just mix them, because in Double agent each infiltration track has a bunch of layers and thats for every instrument segment of the track, and we have to build the track ourselves, i was wondering if a feature like that could be implemented.
Mirrodin
advanced

Post by Mirrodin »

Well for the sake of simplicity i'd rather keep each individual layer as a separate file if it's packaged that way. Most people who want to mix would use an external program anyway like Acid, Sonar, Reaper, Pro Tools etc...
Zench
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Zench »

I probably would rather keep it simple, unless information on how to mix it was found in the file. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

Can SCDA for PS2 be researched? it had a bit different music than in the PC version and i remember kataah ripped it but it had bad quality, im wondering if you zerich can add support for it.

Here is a stream sample that i extracted.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZLVY4HJX
Zench
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Zench »

OrangeC wrote:Can SCDA for PS2 be researched? it had a bit different music than in the PC version and i remember kataah ripped it but it had bad quality, im wondering if you zerich can add support for it.

Here is a stream sample that i extracted.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZLVY4HJX
Nikson was wondering about that in a PM, but I ran out of time... I'll have a look at your sample (and probably Nikson's again).

Sorry about the long wait for the next version of the GUI; I have been especially busy in the past few weeks, so I'll get to it when I can.
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

That is okay zerich. take your time.
Kataah
beginner

Post by Kataah »

The GUI works with the Wii version of SC 4, OrangeC ;)
Yeah quality is bad, the problem is the sample rate which is 28000hz or 29000hz. I hoped the Wii version would use a better quality but no, it is the same. Take a look ;)

The ps2 version has two different codecs. For the music voxware and for the sound fx maybe for a few other tracks too ps2 adpcm.
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

Thanks kataah will check the wii version.
Zench
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Zench »

Kataah wrote:The ps2 version has two different codecs. For the music voxware and for the sound fx maybe for a few other tracks too ps2 adpcm.
About the PS2 version: the file you sent, OrangeC, was missing a bit of the header (maybe 50 bytes). So I looked in Nikson's files and found the same thing. It is another variant. I'm sorry Nikson for not noticing this sooner. I got some things done on DecUbiSndGui, so I think I'll release another version now.
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

The wii version i already ripped. its the same music anyway. :D

And cant wait for your gui rls.
wuixntx
beginner

Post by wuixntx »

Splinter Cell 1, 2, 3.

I've googled many times how can to rip the sound files from these games.
And the method maybe not yet. Can any?