Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Wars: Republic Commando models

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Codeuser
ultra-n00b

Star Wars: Republic Commando models

Post by Codeuser »

I'm having trouble extracting some models from Star Wars: Republic Commando. I've tried using 3dvia, but that hasn't worked. I've used Game Extractor, but all I got were .pack files and different anims. Various tutorials for the Unreal engine have not worked for this game. Has anybody here successfully converted the models into a format readable by 3ds Max?
Wobble
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Star Wars: Republic Commando models

Post by Wobble »

[out]
Last edited by Wobble on Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Re: Star Wars: Republic Commando models

Post by Acewell »

The newer versions of Unreal Model Viewer can extract the models, textures and animations etc from the RC game packages. You can use the ActorXImporter script to import the models/animations into 3ds Max.

If you don't have 3ds Max then the free Caligari trueSpace 7.61 also has a psk/psa import/export plugin that might import the models/animations too but i have not tried it.
There is also a psk import script for Blender but i think it is not complete. Also see THIS forum.

EDIT
There is a new psk/psa importer for Blender HERE by Szkaradek123 which works really well.
I attached the script to this post as a backup:
actorX-Blender249-importer.py.blend.zip
Noesis can also import Unreal *.psk and *.psa files.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.