Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

GameCube SFD Video Files

Need help in demystifying video formats of your favourite game? Go here.
McCuñao
veteran

GameCube SFD Video Files

Post by McCuñao »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
McCuñao
veteran

Re: GameCube SFD Video Files

Post by McCuñao »

I'm sorry for bumping this, but I feel a bit forgotten
since another chap has gotten a different response from the usual mutism. The tools posted on that topic have no use for the GameCube SFD video data.
Teancum
veteran

Post by Teancum »

SFD files are the same on all systems. For instance, if you put an Xbox SFD video on a Gamecube disc it would work 100% exactly the same. If the tools being worked on don't work yet then it's probably due the format still being completely figured out.
xrevenge
veteran

Post by xrevenge »

I still haven't tested it yet because my ps2 isn't here but it will be sometime this week, then I can tell you...
and no one could help you because no one had the sfdmux dll thing, now bow down and worship me!
okay jk :)
McCuñao
veteran

Post by McCuñao »

Teancum wrote:SFD files are the same on all systems. For instance, if you put an Xbox SFD video on a Gamecube disc it would work 100% exactly the same. If the tools being worked on don't work yet then it's probably due the format still being completely figured out.
Try my sample, then tell me.
DarkspARCS
ultra-n00b

Post by DarkspARCS »

~bump~

Greetings fellow crafterZ! I too am interested in a GUI based tool for the SFD movie format... This time I wish to find a simple move player for the crysis game engine's version of the SFD file.

I've tried to use the other methods suggested for this process that have been posted both here on this forum as well as others online with no success.

Crysis has been out now for quite some time, and I have yet to find a simple movie player for the SFD format. Can anyone here direct me in the right direction?

Maybe I've typed in the wrong search options? I dunno... however, if so, please redirect me to a reliable utility, and thanks for your time and efforts in all that you do!

P.S.: I believe that the file is formatted as CRI Movie 2.0 or Scaleform GFx™ 3.0 found at:

http://www.cri-mw.com

none of the SDK packages deal with this issue, with the exception of directing you to FMOD. I find that even FMOD is rather hard to configure correctly, as all the files I've converted so far have been m2v video only files, with an emulated .wav file that is nothing but silence... compressed maybe?

please help! :D
DarkspARCS Design FX Studios, Las Vegas