Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Splinter Cell 2 .SS0 Music

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Splinter Cell 2 .SS0 Music

Post by OrangeC »

So when can we expect ver. 0.5?
xkLOJ
ultra-n00b

Post by xkLOJ »

Hi, do you know how extracting "Infiltration" themes (SCDA) and where they are?
Zench
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Zench »

OrangeC wrote:So when can we expect ver. 0.5?
Right now! I uploaded it here, but I just didn't find the time to write up something good.
xkLOJ wrote:Hi, do you know how extracting "Infiltration" themes (SCDA) and where they are?
I haven't done a lot of extracting SCDA, but aren't the infiltration themes in the interleaved streams? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm working on a GUI version of DecUbiSnd that I think you're all going to like. I'm also still thinking about that encoder.
And I said, "The well has finally run dry." So then that will be my battle cry.
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

A GUI would be sweet.

Three files i came across with red steel's SS7 varaint that i cannot decode, i tried all different decoding versions used your header utility, and downloaded the latest 0.5 version of your program and i still get scrambled output. maybe im doing something wrong with the offsets or something, and im not sure but it could be interleaved layer?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M0UPZ78C
Mirrodin
advanced

Post by Mirrodin »

Sounds great! A gui will definitely help very much, I will even try to write some tutorials based on the GUI asap for other users to get the most from the app.
Zench
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Zench »

xkLOJ wrote:Hi, do you know how extracting "Infiltration" themes (SCDA) and where they are?
The GUI version will make it easy to extract; it will show you all the sounds/music from a directory.

Here is a screen shot of the GUI version. Sorry for the red buttons, it is just a reminder to me that I haven't completely implemented that functionality yet. There will be no red buttons in the final release. Please post any feature requests or things you would like changed. Also ask about things that aren't self explanatory.
DecUbiSndGui_ScreenShot.png
There is one thing that I must explain. The layers column (on the right list) is not the number of layers, but which layer will be decoded if that item is selected. This is so that you can decode the layers separately. About the two output options: 'Concatenated' strings all the selected items together and saves it in one wave file, but 'Separate' saves them all in separate wave files, one for each selected item.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

Sorry to be a nag but haver you looked at the files that i posted?

SWEET GUI BTW.
Zench
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Zench »

OrangeC wrote:Sorry to be a nag but haver you looked at the files that i posted?
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't get around to it, and I might not for a while.
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

Thats okay i might look at them with the GUI.
Mirrodin
advanced

Post by Mirrodin »

Very nice! I especially love the preview feature you've implemented it looks like. Being able to play a stream without having to extract it is very useful!
xkLOJ
ultra-n00b

Post by xkLOJ »

to Zench
Excellent work, the GUI look`s very usable.

P.S. How about old Ubi game "XIII", I can upload some file, probably with music.
P.P.S. Sorry for my english.
Zench
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Zench »

OrangeC wrote:Three files i came across with red steel's SS7 varaint that i cannot decode, i tried all different decoding versions used your header utility, and downloaded the latest 0.5 version of your program and i still get scrambled output. maybe im doing something wrong with the offsets or something, and im not sure but it could be interleaved layer?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M0UPZ78C
It's a good thing I looked at those files. Indeed, they are interleaved streams, just a little bit different. These files are big-endian, and the others are little-endian. That is the only difference. Below is a new version of DecUbiSnd that can decode them.

Also included in the new version is a fixed memory leak (just a small one), and a layer extract feature by request of Kataah. The layer extract feature (-L, --layer-extract) works on interleaved streams; it extracts a layer without decoding it. This is particularly useful in streams that use Ogg Vorbis, so that you can just play the Ogg Vorbis file and don't need to re-encode the wave file.

About when I will be done with the GUI version: I am almost finished, it will probably be June 26 or 27.
Mirrodin wrote:Sounds great! A gui will definitely help very much, I will even try to write some tutorials based on the GUI asap for other users to get the most from the app.
If you would write some tutorials, I would like to include them in the program, if that's okay.
xkLOJ wrote:P.S. How about old Ubi game "XIII", I can upload some file, probably with music.
Sure, go ahead.

One more thing: Has anyone been able to decode sounds/music from Prince of Persia with DecUbiSnd?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mirrodin
advanced

Post by Mirrodin »

Not a problem with me, it's your program anyway :) After I play around with the gui for a bit and try out various packed files I may write a series that's either game specific, or just function specific of the GUI. The idea of the tutorials will be to learn the easiest way to get audio from the packaged files without having to do too much research. The extract layer function you were talking about also sounds very useful as you said: for extracting ogg without having to go through the process of rendering a wave file from it.
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

Once again you saved the day!!

Its interesting how many ubisoft formats there are in one game, its obvious they don't want anybody ripping there music, but then again they never put out a soundtrack to there games.
Zench
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Zench »

Here is the first alpha GUI version. It has some bugs, I think. They are mostly in the areas of scanning and playback. I tested it with SC1, PT, and CT and it worked fine, though. The executable was a bit large so I packed it with UPX. I didn't include the source code with this one (it uses wxWidgets), but I can upload a separate package if anyone wants. I await your comments.
One other note: I'm going on a trip from June 30 to July 8 so I won't be able to help you then.