Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Ironman Mrk 2 or Mrk 3

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Vertigo
ultra-n00b

Ironman Mrk 2 or Mrk 3

Post by Vertigo »

Hey guys, My name is Adam

I am a Avid gamer and Prop maker. I utilize a program called pepakura that will Take a 3d model unfold the polygons and then print it out onto cardstock. Through a series of steps a prop can be created. I am looking to create some Ironman Armor.
He's been my favorite super hero since I was 4. The Movie game utilizes the same 3d file as the movie, thus giving me an extremely accurate base to work from.

I have been looking through the files of the game and cannot find anything that matches the formats in the archives for MEX
I was wondering if some of you could possibly help me out. I would greatly appreciate it.

My email is [email protected]

Ill check back here, but if you want go ahead and drop me a line there.

Adam
Teancum
veteran

Re: Ironman Mrk 2 or Mrk 3

Post by Teancum »

3d Ripper DX (google it) can rip 3d models from any DirectX 9 game, so if you have it for PC that's your best bet.
Vertigo
ultra-n00b

Post by Vertigo »

Umm problem is, when i rip it using that program 3dsmax doesnt support the .3dr like they said..............
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

you'd have more luck buying the PS3, or Xbox360 version of the game, and making some schematics. though if you ripped the 3D models from the recent Ironman game, it would be too complex for pepakura

Also the models in the PC version are greatly down scaled, since they were ported from the PS2 version, not the next gen console version;

If you do get 3Dripper working, this is what you would end up with. it would work for pepakura, but way too lowpoly for any type of upscale armor. [also i dont have this model, another guy was teasing me with it]
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
Jamesuminator
advanced

Post by Jamesuminator »

eww that looks like ass o_o.

Yeah, just use GameAssassin or 3dripperx
Assuming Iron man is DX9, it will work.
Just read up on how to use 3Dx
Teancum
veteran

Post by Teancum »

Mario_Kart wrote:you'd have more luck buying the PS3, or Xbox360 version of the game, and making some schematics. though if you ripped the 3D models from the recent Ironman game, it would be too complex for pepakura

Also the models in the PC version are greatly down scaled, since they were ported from the PS2 version, not the next gen console version;

If you do get 3Dripper working, this is what you would end up with. it would work for pepakura, but way too lowpoly for any type of upscale armor. [also i dont have this model, another guy was teasing me with it]
That's not the in-game version -- I have no idea where he got that terrible looking model from. I have the game for PC, and the models are 10x better than that. I'm not sure where you heard it was a port of the PS2 version, either. It's possible that's the correct model, but that ain't the right texture. That looks like some 64x64 or 128x128 texture, and I can tell you for a fact it's tons clearer than that in-game.
federico
beginner

Post by federico »

It seems that the screenshot is taken from the perpective view of the modeler. So the texture could be automatically scaled down, but actually the resolution is higher. Further the editor likely displays only the diffuse map without bump or specular maps. At least this is what happens in 3dsMax. To verify, try to render the frame (or look directly at the texture file).
Jamesuminator
advanced

Post by Jamesuminator »

lol,
It's a ps2 port.

No bump, normal or specular.
Just diffuse.
Teancum
veteran

Post by Teancum »

Still, if it is a PS2 port and only has diffuse, then that is either a lowrez mipmap or some random texture, as the textures in-game are bare minimum 256x256
Jamesuminator
advanced

Post by Jamesuminator »

yes they are definitely 256x256
that would actually be the maximum.
only environ textures are 512 on the ps2.

It's just the textures probably aren't fully rendered in that shot, as it's through the viewport.