Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

.wz archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Re: .wz archive

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Just wanted to say you guys are doing great work on this format! Keep it up! :)
Tiger
beginner

Post by Tiger »

maststef, GRATZ to getting the map renderer done!!

EDIT: I suggest seperating the rendering tool so it can be used for mass render.
maststef
beginner

Post by maststef »

Tiger wrote:maststef, GRATZ to getting the map renderer done!!

EDIT: I suggest seperating the rendering tool so it can be used for mass render.
No. WZextract is built to be a browser. Means: view only the pictures and information you need, without need to extract everything.
Why do you need every Map anyway?
Tiger
beginner

Post by Tiger »

Cause some people like to put their own stuff on the maps and make a manga xD
maststef
beginner

Post by maststef »

Tiger wrote:Cause some people like to put their own stuff on the maps and make a manga xD
You won't need all and every map at once. You may need 3 or 4 Maps. And it's not to hard to do 2 clicks for each Map to render them
Tiger
beginner

Post by Tiger »

Then how about a whole section render?? Under map, there's map 1, 2,3,4, or soemthign like that. And under the section there are different maps. How about whole section render?
maststef
beginner

Post by maststef »

Tiger wrote:Then how about a whole section render?? Under map, there's map 1, 2,3,4, or soemthign like that. And under the section there are different maps. How about whole section render?
No. It would basically be the same code. If I'd implement that, then I could directly integrate a full batch renderer.

Be happy with what others provide you for free. Or learn to code your own.
Tiger
beginner

Post by Tiger »

fine fine
Fiel
advanced

Post by Fiel »

Well, I actually figured out list.wz encryption. These encryption methods are crap.

And I didn't just use brute force switching methods throughout the WZ files. In other words, I didn't just try one encryption, if that one failed switch to the other. I mean I actually figured out list.wz. :)
AngelSL
beginner

Post by AngelSL »

Fiel wrote:Well, I actually figured out list.wz encryption. These encryption methods are crap.

And I didn't just use brute force switching methods throughout the WZ files. In other words, I didn't just try one encryption, if that one failed switch to the other. I mean I actually figured out list.wz. :)
Grats to Maststef for completing his map renderer..

Grats to Fiel for cracking KMS(t) encryption!

BTW, Maststef, I'm AngelSL from Sleepywood.
Fiel
advanced

Post by Fiel »

Last edited by Fiel on Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rick

Post by Rick »

I'm fairly certain that python supports bitshifting, why aren't you taking advantage of it?
https://blog.gib.me/

Don't ask me about localization tools; if you don't have the resources to develop them yourself you don't need them.
maststef
beginner

Post by maststef »

Fiel wrote:I'm not going to bother to code for a Format_BIN picture unless Wizet begins using this format for their pictures. I hope this helps you guys with your extractors!
There it is:
Map/midForest.img/back.0.png Format_BIN

I wrote you a PM on SW with the Python code.

edit: I adviced him Bitshifting as well, in the PM. :D

edit2: I just saw your guess on the logo: Yes, you are right. This is exactly the reason why the Python script does not get it right.
Fiel
advanced

Post by Fiel »

Yes, Rick, Python does support bitshifting, but I wasn't aware of this until just yesterday.

As it is, Lambda's code is really weird. He adds in RG to R and then reduces to 255 and... there's no need for modulo calculations here either. It's all a little crazy.

Just by implementing the code in my previous post, I managed to slice 10 minutes off of each core on a fresh extraction when using the dual core approach. I'd say that's plenty of time saved going through needless if-statements.

Furthermore, I have to make a change to the way that the cache works in the python script. At the moment, the cache isn't working properly. I'll be submitting a fix for this soon enough.
Tiger
beginner

Post by Tiger »

Maststef, that's a great update on your viewer!