Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Red Alert 3

The Off-Topic Forum - Anything goes! As long as it's legal(ish). Things that made you scream "Holy Cow!"
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Red Alert 3

Post by Mr.Mouse »

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/red ... index.html

A big fan of Red Alert, I welcome the third installment with great anticipation :D
Darkfox
VVIP member
VVIP member

Re: Red Alert 3

Post by Darkfox »

Not too certain myself if it IS indeed a loyal triqual or just a sci-fi war strat with the RA name. Hopefully it is... that first thing, not the second. :) I own pretty much everything C&C XD, other than Unreal C&C was one of my first, if not THE first, modding experience I had which becomes more open ended... if not a bit more complex... in each installment. Needless to say I'm a fan, but a harsh one. XD
CommanderRealWar
ultra-n00b

Post by CommanderRealWar »

I love all the Command & Conquer Games... A little too much to think of it. (Ask Zench, He'll probably tell you I'm addicted to it.) Anyways the RA3 Mod SDK is out, which is good news for this modding forums.
Rahly
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by Rahly »

I really like the C&C games as well. Although, as strat games go, I think my all time favor game was Total Annihilation.
"By nature men are alike. Through practice they have become far apart." Confucius (Analect 17:2)
Zench
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Zench »

CommanderRealWar wrote:(Ask Zench, He'll probably tell you I'm addicted to it.)
Actually I would have no idea. Oh wait a minute... :mrgreen: Yup you're addicted to it.
And I said, "The well has finally run dry." So then that will be my battle cry.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

:D

Well, as far as RTS games go, I'd have to mention StarCraft, WarCraft 2, C&C+Red Alert and Age of Empires. More or less in that order. AoE2 was still a favourite though. Total Annihilation was good also, but I never got hooked to it for some unknown reason (Perhaps it was the futility of the storyline).

I therefore eagerly await StarCraft 2. :D

Oh and a worthy mention should be Ground Control. Now that was awesome: RTS in Real Time 3D! I remember laying low in a crater with some soldiers, when I looked up I saw enemy aircrafts high up there patrolling, that was a fabulous real experience.

Come to mention 3d RTS: what about Homeworld 1 and 2? Pretty fucking fabulous also!!