Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Metal Gear Solid 1 on PSX - Green camouflage question

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
PiotrekPL
ultra-n00b

Metal Gear Solid 1 on PSX - Green camouflage question

Post by PiotrekPL »

Hi guys !
I have a question to ppl who were playing around with MGS 1 files. I always wanted to change Snake's optical camouflage - you know the one you got after finishing the game. Originally the camo that Snake is using in green (sic!) - I never liked that so I wanted to change it so it would look it like Ninja's camo. Any hints where that file could be stored ? Do I need any 3D program that will allow me to change Snake's model ?
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Metal Gear Solid 1 on PSX - Green camouflage question

Post by lionheartuk »

Well.
We did manage to extract the Files from MGS1.
But if u mean the PSX version then that wont work...as youd have to REWRITE the disk..
it would be easier for you to edit the MGS1 PC version really..
In which case you can just use Solidus to open the DAR files which contain both the textures and the models.
Then youl just have to search practically forever to find the CAMO and change it from green to clear In Photoshop i guess.then youd have to RE-INSERT it into th DAR file (once again using SOLIDUS).
Ripping things from console games is easily possible...but u cant edit the disks because there always write only and then u cant touch them again aside from READING data from them.
PiotrekPL
ultra-n00b

Post by PiotrekPL »

I wanted to change PSX version. Thx in advance.
blackstar
ultra-n00b

Post by blackstar »

pcsx emulator, and contact the authors about how to change the shaders while the game is running.

the camouflage tint is likely a color value.
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by lionheartuk »

Well from his response to my "you can do it but ud have to edit the disc If u wanted to play it on an ACTUAL PSX (as opposed to an emulator).

Though if u were using the emu then editing the shaders would work perfectly well yeah, though If you wanted to play it on your ACTUAL PSX...then you'd have to get it chipped or whatever I guess, otherwise its not possible.
num421337
ultra-n00b

Post by num421337 »

whats SOLIDUS and where can I get it?