Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Settlers VI bba archives

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
NKCSS
advanced

NDE Screenshots

Post by NKCSS »

Starting the application by running a script

Selecting the directory where your .bba archives are located

File type filter and file name are pre-filled, you only have to press ok :)

Loading DataPart entries

Finished loading, reporting number of entries imported

Selecting wanted files for extraction & pressing Extract Selected files (note the (1) part in the name extention, I have created it so that it will always look for a unique name if the filename specified already exists).

Selecting a full extract, reporting extracted items & total size

Demonstrating the relative filenames

Nother extract

Editing existing entries

Updated entry

Showing updated entry

Showing Created folders relative to the script file

Showing Created folders content.

Hope this gives you a better idea of the application.

Sincerely,

Nick Kusters
Shockwave
ultra-n00b

Post by Shockwave »

NKCSS, I've downloaded you program and script. When I try to launch
NKCSS Data Extractor with script you've provided one post before after choosing file to extract I get an exception:
Something is wrong with path to file. If I click continue I get this:
And of course after trying to extract files I get another exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

What can be wrong in your program or am I doing smth wrong way?
NKCSS
advanced

Post by NKCSS »

Shockwave wrote:NKCSS, I've downloaded you program and script. When I try to launch
NKCSS Data Extractor with script you've provided one post before after choosing file to extract I get an exception:
Something is wrong with path to file. If I click continue I get this:
And of course after trying to extract files I get another exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

What can be wrong in your program or am I doing smth wrong way?
Did you make sure you have version 1.0.1? It can be downloaded here: download.php?id=1355

I also created a v1.0.0.0 compattible version of the script if you don't want to download a new version.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NKCSS
advanced

Post by NKCSS »

I am very sorry, I just noticed that it's because of the file type registration that it crashes :( it sends along padded "" with the path, causing the crash.

You can fix it by going to: Start -> Run -> "C:\Program Files\Nick Kusters Custom Software Solutions\NKCSS Data Extractor\NKCSS Data Extractor.exe" C:\lngensnd0.bba.nde

Then press of (verifying the .nde file path is ok and the install directory).

If you can wait a bit, I could release a new version where this is fixed, but it isn't fully tested yet (implemented threading).

Sorry once again for the bad version, i'll make sure the next one works :)

Sincerely,

Nick Kusters
NKCSS
advanced

NKCSS Data Extractor v1.0.2

Post by NKCSS »

Fixed bug with script paths containing surrounding ""

Made everything threaded (now all processing occurs on it's own thread, not realy multi-threading tasks yet).

Sorry for the bug in the last version :o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NKCSS
advanced

shrlvid0.bba NDE Script (Full Unpack of Archive)

Post by NKCSS »

After talking to Peter on MSN, he asked if I was able to get the video files from the game, so I went in and took a peek. It wasn't to hard, so here is the script.

I have added comments and descriptions in the filenames, if you know the character names (couldn't remember and ubisoft page didn't help), it would be nice to give them better names.

I also have a few issues, 1 track seems corrupt, and there is a black video track with leading auto track that crackles a bit, not sure what to think of it.

Besides the BlueByte intro, the UbiSoft intro and the Game opening video, there are no sound files in the archive.

Does anyone know what type of file is used to mix in with .bik files if the audio isn't in a seperate .bik file at that time?

Enjoy,

Nick Kusters.
NKCSS
advanced

Post by NKCSS »

Updated version of the script (names) thanks to Shockwave!
NKCSS
advanced

Vids now completely unpacked, here are the missing audio fil

Post by NKCSS »

Vids now completely unpacked, here are the missing audio files with the latest NDE script :) I am really beginning to love this stuff :)

Enjoy!

Sincerely,

Nick Kusters.

N.B.

I have added information to the WiKi with status table for all archives and links to the scripts.
NKCSS
advanced

Post by NKCSS »

I have been working on some scripts to mux the video's for you, but I am having a problem with combining .bik video files. Sent a mail to their support department, so hope to have something more for you soon :)

For most of the files, this isn't a problem tho.

Just download the RAD bink tools from http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm and use these commandlines:

Example:

C:\Program Files\RADVideo>binkmix "C:\Settlers VI Video\Settlers VI Video 014 (Picknick ppl at night with Fireworks over Castle).bik" "C:\Settlers VI Audio\Settlers VI Audio 020 (Red Prince and Crimson Sabatt in chains, Perfect Castle, Fireworks, Full History, King).bik" "C:\fireworks.bik"

Ok, i know this is a bad example since you'd need to mux the Red Prince in chains in front of it, but you get the idea :)

Sincerely,

Nick Kusters.
OlaHaldor
ultra-n00b

Post by OlaHaldor »

What about the music? I didn't know there was an exclusive version with the soundtrack as a CD before someone mentioned it at the Ubi-forums. Is there any chance there will be tools available to extract the superb music?
NKCSS
advanced

Post by NKCSS »

OlaHaldor wrote:What about the music? I didn't know there was an exclusive version with the soundtrack as a CD before someone mentioned it at the Ubi-forums. Is there any chance there will be tools available to extract the superb music?
The NDE tool + scripts extracts over 6000 mp3s from the game archives, the music might be in there somewhere (might take some digging thru files).

I have been working on my new website, once that settles down a bit, I'll spend some time in extracting the rest of the archives. As soon as i get some time, I'll create a site for the NDE + scripts (url will be http://nde.nickkusters.com/, but not created yet).
Current Projects:
Building http://www.nickkusters.com back-end from the ground up in ASP.NET
Managing Console Games WebShop http://www.buyinbulk.nl
Helping out on the forum where I can :)
OlaHaldor
ultra-n00b

Post by OlaHaldor »

I sorted all the MP3s by size - and the largest files were about 400 and something kilobytes.. I can't see how those great soundtracks would fit in one of those. I listened to a few of them - it's just several versions of alerts during gameplay in a certain mission from each knight.

I'd suggest you take a look at the vshrlsnd0.bba :) Have no idea what it is, though.. :)

Edit

OK!! I tried.. Used NKCSS Data Extractor, and opened this file - added from 80 bytes to the full value - and WOHOO! I've got an MP3 containing over 6 hours of material.. Though, when I try to scrub through the MP3, Windows Media Player freeze up. But it's certainly the correct file. ;)

Edit 2
I opened the MP3 in Nero WaveEditor - the entire soundtrack, including Thordals three songs, are about about 2h 7m :) GREAT! All I need to do now really, is cut it up in pieces.. I really appreciate your time in finding a way to revert the bba-files! :)
NKCSS
advanced

Post by NKCSS »

OlaHaldor wrote: Edit

OK!! I tried.. Used NKCSS Data Extractor, and opened this file - added from 80 bytes to the full value - and WOHOO! I've got an MP3 containing over 6 hours of material.. Though, when I try to scrub through the MP3, Windows Media Player freeze up. But it's certainly the correct file. ;)

Edit 2
I opened the MP3 in Nero WaveEditor - the entire soundtrack, including Thordals three songs, are about about 2h 7m :) GREAT! All I need to do now really, is cut it up in pieces.. I really appreciate your time in finding a way to revert the bba-files! :)
Good to know :) The part where I left of were 68 MP3's into the file, where things got a bit messy. I also noticed that there are WAVE files in the archive. I started to also implement reading WAVE files to parse more of the archive, but it's cool to know that Nero can detect it all.
As soon as I finish some of my current projects, I'll try to finish this one :)
Current Projects:
OlaHaldor
ultra-n00b

Post by OlaHaldor »

I took the MP3-file over to my Mac Pro, and opened it in Soundtrack.

Soundtrack reads the MP3 perfectly, and I can now start exporting each track as its own file. I haven't counted the number of tracks, but there's sure a lot of them.

What are these WAVs you're talking about? The music in better quality?
NKCSS
advanced

Post by NKCSS »

OlaHaldor wrote:I took the MP3-file over to my Mac Pro, and opened it in Soundtrack.

Soundtrack reads the MP3 perfectly, and I can now start exporting each track as its own file. I haven't counted the number of tracks, but there's sure a lot of them.

What are these WAVs you're talking about? The music in better quality?
I just found WAVE headers inside the archive, didn't have time yet to further explore.
Current Projects: