Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

.wz archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
hello?
ultra-n00b

Post by hello? »

kiler wrote:Actually, it made a PHP script instead of an HTML file so you can dynamically input data into places like strategywiki, etc.
Um, you can't dynamically input data into strategywiki, it has to be static.

And maststef, thanks for that program, it's really cool :)
Tiger
beginner

Post by Tiger »

Thx, also, can u try to intergrate the maual patcher, the one where u can patch it before everyone else using the patcher files from the ftp:? Pls?
maststef
beginner

Post by maststef »

Tiger wrote:Thx, also, can u try to intergrate the maual patcher, the one where u can patch it before everyone else using the patcher files from the ftp:? Pls?
That's the next point on my todo list. You can expect in in the next days.

edit:
I'm currently trying to figure out the new KMSt encryption (just started today). Did anyone here already made some progress on it?

It seems that it's no simple XOR, like the old encryption.
I could not find any pattern in the new encryption until now...
Tiger
beginner

Post by Tiger »

Anyone have the old maple verisons wz files? Also, Maststef, can u pls finsih the patcher first before trying the new encyption? Cause I thinkt here's goign to be a patch soon and I wanna try the tool.
maststef
beginner

Post by maststef »

Tiger wrote:Anyone have the old maple verisons wz files? Also, Maststef, can u pls finsih the patcher first before trying the new encyption? Cause I thinkt here's goign to be a patch soon and I wanna try the tool.
Yes, the patcher has highest priority.
Next thing, aftert he patcher, will maybe be a Map Renderer.

The new encryption has lowest priority since my tool focuses on gMS, and with KMS there is only one version that has this new encryption.
hello?
ultra-n00b

Post by hello? »

Oooh, map renderer. That sounds really cool, especially since I've been trying to piece maps together by hand (it isn't going so well, obviously)
maststef
beginner

Post by maststef »

I just uploaded a new version. I rewrote the full extract feature, it's a lot faster now (and has a cool progress bar :D).

And the ManualPatcher feature also got implemented.
Tiger
beginner

Post by Tiger »

Nice job, however, when I tried to use it, it ran an error and had to close. Does it only work if there is actually a new patch?
maststef
beginner

Post by maststef »

Tiger wrote:Nice job, however, when I tried to use it, it ran an error and had to close. Does it only work if there is actually a new patch?
What was the error? It should work always, because all it does is downloading the latest patch files and build the ManualPatcher.exe.
When I tested it everything worked fine.
Tiger
beginner

Post by Tiger »

Program had to close, whould u like to send or not send error to microsoft
maststef
beginner

Post by maststef »

Tiger wrote:Program had to close, whould u like to send or not send error to microsoft
Microsoft could not change anything. But the Patcher wasn't working anyways. ;) So I fully recoded it. You now have to download the files yourself. For further information see the FAQ on my website.
Tiger
beginner

Post by Tiger »

Good Job Maststef, u did it!! So, what's next? Map renderer or the item thing?
maststef
beginner

Post by maststef »

Tiger wrote:Good Job Maststef, u did it!! So, what's next? Map renderer or the item thing?
I'll work on both parallel. The item check is not really hard. That's maybe done in like 20 or 30 minutes.
Tiger
beginner

Post by Tiger »

Is there any way I can help you? Also, do u have msn?
maststef
beginner

Post by maststef »

Tiger wrote:Is there any way I can help you? Also, do u have msn?
You could help me finding out the Map structure (how are tiles and objects addressed, etc). But I'm almost done with that myself now. ;)

I have MSN. Write me a PM and I'll add you.