Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

.wz archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Manias
ultra-n00b

Post by Manias »

hello? wrote:
Manias wrote:said it is possible to extract KMS files, but I failed. Please check it again.
KMS uses a different encryption key which dump.py (and probably maplext) don't have. The only one I know of who cracked it is Omega (EDIT: and probably Rick), and he won't share the program with anyone.
hm...? maplext :?: :!:
http://www.cursedsanctuary.com/forums/i ... opic=37160
maplext... who knows... language type difference?

oh, and it doesn't work on KMST files created since they changed the encryption scheme.. but it should work fine on production KMS, JMS, CMS, GMS, EMS, etc. data files.
Texel
ultra-n00b

Post by Texel »

Last I checked production KMS was not encrypted the same as KMST.

Keep in mind, however, that I haven't messed with this stuff since last year :)

.. so it's quite possible they've extended the newer encryption to production KMS.

edit: Rick does indeed know the new encryption scheme, and I've dabbled in it some. I don't believe it's reverse-engineerable from looking at unencrypted/encrypted strings side-by-side - you'll need to jump in deep with a good decompiler and figure it out from there.

At any rate, the point of my contribution was not to distribute some tool that anyone can just download and go to town with, though it may work well enough for some purposes. The point is for there to be SOME code out there aside from the much-bandied-about Python scripts that can do the job.

Up until they implemented the newer encryption for KMST it worked flawlessly on all versions of MS - if it's not working now it's because they changed something in the meantime.
Tiger
beginner

Post by Tiger »

so do u mean that with your tool, there's something missing before we can use it to extract it?
Texel
ultra-n00b

Post by Texel »

No, there's nothing missing. Have you read anything I've written?

I think I've explained it pretty clearly..
Up until they implemented the newer encryption for KMST it worked flawlessly on all versions of MS - if it's not working now it's because they changed something in the meantime.
Last time I used it was a few months ago, and it worked fine on some JMS data - I only said it wouldn't work on KMST data because the encryption is different, and that in the future it may stop working if the newer KMST encryption is spread around.

However, if you're not familiar with C-style programming languages or command-line applications then the code and executable I supplied aren't going to do you much good. Wait for people who actually know what they're doing to write a "tut" for you.
Tiger
beginner

Post by Tiger »

can't u pls write a tut for me? Pls??
Darkfox
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by Darkfox »

Are you even reading what is being posted? Asking a whole bunch of the same thing multiple times isn't going to get it done any faster.

As Texel said:
However, if you're not familiar with C-style programming languages or command-line applications then the code and executable I supplied aren't going to do you much good. Wait for people who actually know what they're doing to write a "tut" for you.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Texel wrote:ah, I should mention that the patcher code is Rick's. The rest is mine, however. If he objects to its distribution then it might be wise to take it out.
I'm fine with this - many other people have done the same thing and it's not hard to figure out.
themoviefund
advanced

Post by themoviefund »

I expect the C version is faster than the Python one?

I can't test this because I don't have MS installed; I quit few years ago o.o
Texel
ultra-n00b

Post by Texel »

Actually, I would imagine that the largest bottleneck here is disk access. I've never run the python script here, but I just did a full image extract from a somewhat older JMS Map.wz (293MB) and it took roughly 16 minutes to extract 16,559 images.

I seem to remember it being faster than that, but that may have been a long time ago before Map.wz got so bloated.
kiler
ultra-n00b

Post by kiler »

It is possible to make this dump.py script to output a proper PHP file instead of an html file which eases dynamic input.

I use this one for my site:

Code: Select all

def htmlOut(vals):
  print "<?\n"
  for val in vals:
    fixedval = val[1]
    if(endMatches(val[0], ["image"])):
       print "$safe_%s = '%s';" % (val[0].replace(".", ""), val[1].replace(".", ""))
    elif(endMatches(val[0], ["mp3"])):
      print "$safe_%s = '%s';" % (val[0].replace(".", ""), val[1].replace("*", ""))
    else:
        if type(val[1]) is int:
           fixedval = val[1]
        else:
           if type(val[1]) is float:
               fixedval = val[1]
           else:
               fixedval = val[1].replace("'", "&apos;")
    print "$safe_%s = '%s';" % (val[0].replace(".", "_"), fixedval)
  print "?>"
Let me know :)

Also, if any clues as to how to figure out the encryption of kMST would be helpful. Because sooner or later, it will come out and many websites based on this dump script will be affected severely.
Omega
advanced

Post by Omega »

kiler wrote:It is possible to make this dump.py script to output a proper PHP file instead of an html file which eases dynamic input.

Also, if any clues as to how to figure out the encryption of kMST would be helpful. Because sooner or later, it will come out and many websites based on this dump script will be affected severely.
Sorry, can't help with php. And I would highly recommend that noone post significant amounts of info about the new encryption (or code for that matter). As we were getting close with this thread, they changed the encryption on the latest versions, suggesting that perhaps they would rather keep it closed.

The string encryption is not difficult to decrypt, it just takes some guessing. The image encryption is a bit more difficult (still stuck on that :(). And if people properly release the KTMS code elsewhere significant, then I'm sure we can incorporate it into here fairly easily.
Tiger
beginner

Post by Tiger »

Can Someone Pls Write A Tut For Me Pls???
kiler
ultra-n00b

Post by kiler »

Omega wrote:
kiler wrote:It is possible to make this dump.py script to output a proper PHP file instead of an html file which eases dynamic input.

Sorry, can't help with php. And I would highly recommend that noone post significant amounts of info about the new encryption (or code for that matter). As we were getting close with this thread, they changed the encryption on the latest versions, suggesting that perhaps they would rather keep it closed.

The string encryption is not difficult to decrypt, it just takes some guessing. The image encryption is a bit more difficult (still stuck on that :(). And if people properly release the KTMS code elsewhere significant, then I'm sure we can incorporate it into here fairly easily.
Actually, it made a PHP script instead of an HTML file so you can dynamically input data into places like strategywiki, etc.
maststef
beginner

Post by maststef »

Hi, everyone.

This might interest some of you:
I worked on a WZ file Browser (not an extractor). No need to extract the whole files for one single picture anymore. ;)
You can get it there:
http://maplestory.maststef.de

Please let me know bugs and feature requests. :)
Last edited by maststef on Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
gid
ultra-n00b

Post by gid »

anyone knows where the Maple TV graphics are stored? I can't seem to be able to find it. :(

Last edited by gid on Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.