Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

.wz archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
kolli
n00b

Post by kolli »

Hm.. Good point there.
But a pointer does not make sense either. When you have the sizes, you automatically know, where the following file is located (what the computeFileOffset function does).
Because if we compare how Wizet stores numbers and pictures (compressed to it's most), it's really unlikely that they waste 4 bytes for every img for a number that they already have.

Today I'll concentrate on this. I'm going to compare the extracted stuff and the unextracted imgs with the 4 bytes.
Hopefully I'll find something...
ninjalm
n00b

Post by ninjalm »

Every fhinge I extor is a "FireFox" File how do I make it an Image file…?
kolli
n00b

Post by kolli »

ninjalm wrote:Every fhinge I extor is a "FireFox" File how do I make it an Image file…?
With the following two boolean variables you can say, what should be dumped.

Code: Select all

dumpImages = 1
dumpHTML = 1
In my upload the dumpImages was false, because for testing I disable it.

Here is a version where this is enabled again. But you could have done this yourself...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ninjalm
n00b

Post by ninjalm »

it extor ".0001.img"
and
".0002.img"
they are both "FireFox" file.
and then it stop and say it alreday exit or somefhinge..
kolli
n00b

Post by kolli »

ninjalm wrote:it extor ".0001.img"
and
".0002.img"
they are both "FireFox" file.
and then it stop and say it alreday exit or somefhinge..
Uhm... You have to tell the script what file it should extract. My uploaded version is set to TamingMob.wz, because that is the smallest file (--> fast to test changes).

Just change the following line to the file you want to extract:

Code: Select all

f = open("TamingMob.wz", "rb")
If you want to extract Npc.wz then change "TamingMob.wz" to "Npc.wz".
ninjalm
n00b

Post by ninjalm »

Works.
hmm but to puts all the code and stuff to make this game work in a priavte srver is imposble no?
Omega
advanced

Post by Omega »

ninjalm wrote:Works.
hmm but to puts all the code and stuff to make this game work in a priavte srver is imposble no?
None of this info is even useful for making a private server....Making a private server usually involves writing your own server code and pointing the already existing client at your private server. That involves decoding the game's internet protocol, which we haven't done (and aren't going to do).

After you figure out how they're sending stuff, you have to figure out what they're sending, and then write some server code which can understand that, add a database to understand all that code, then find some people to join your server. That's how the WoW private servers work (which is why they are somewhat buggy and usually missing quests).

But, good luck all the same.
Tiger
beginner

Post by Tiger »

So, did anyone get something new??
Texel
ultra-n00b

Post by Texel »

Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Nice going, Texel, sad to see you leave the MS community, but as a father of a child of two, I can relate to you. Releases of MultiEx Commander has halved in terms of time. ;)

Thanks for the tool and source. I'm sure other people can pick up on it and continue the work. :D

http://www.xentax.com/uploads/author/mr ... aplext.zip
Texel
ultra-n00b

Post by Texel »

ah, I should mention that the patcher code is Rick's. The rest is mine, however. If he objects to its distribution then it might be wise to take it out.

I just poked through the code for the first time in a long time, and noticed I left a lot of things out... so if there are any specific questions about the code within the next few weeks I'll check here and answer.
Tiger
beginner

Post by Tiger »

So how do u use this tool?
Tiger
beginner

Post by Tiger »

so can anyone pls teach me how to use this?
Manias
ultra-n00b

hm...

Post by Manias »

said it is possible to extract KMS files, but I failed. Please check it again.
hello?
ultra-n00b

Re: hm...

Post by hello? »

Manias wrote:said it is possible to extract KMS files, but I failed. Please check it again.
KMS uses a different encryption key which dump.py (and probably maplext) don't have. The only one I know of who cracked it is Omega (EDIT: and probably Rick), and he won't share the program with anyone.