Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

.wz archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
AngelSL
beginner

Post by AngelSL »

Anyone helping me?! Sighh..
kornto
advanced

Post by kornto »

i changed the code a little bit
now it extract mp3 files and it skips two files that cause problems in Map.wz
so it extract the Tile folder
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AngelSL
beginner

Post by AngelSL »

No, it still does not extract the Tile folder.
AngelSL
beginner

Post by AngelSL »

The error is:
1177: /Obj/NightMarketTW.img, 2738050, 134668320
1178: /Obj/SeoMoonJungTW.img, 2323918, 137406370
Unknown: 115 : Expecting: 27
Error : Default Error
FileLocation : 137406511L

D:\MapleStory\Dump\Map>
kornto
advanced

Post by kornto »

oh, you tried it on another version
ok
this should work
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AngelSL
beginner

Post by AngelSL »

Erm... whats with this?!

1177: /Obj/NightMarketTW.img, 2738050, 134668320
1178: /Obj/SeoMoonJungTW.img, 2323918, 137406370
Incomplete Block [Subway/wall/0/0/foothold] at offset 137406475, size: 1061, loc: 137406476

D:\MapleStory\Dump\Map>
cyg
ultra-n00b

Post by cyg »

hi guys
i haven't browsed this forum for a while, but i will reread all the pages soon.

but basically has anyone got a good doc on the format yet? or do i have to piece together a lot of the info

i know the format has changed a bit since around v37 or so of global with the file splitting.

basically i will be writing a c implementation of the extractor to extract everything i am able to figure out (or what has been figured out by other people), yes it will be released.
ninjalm
n00b

Post by ninjalm »

cyg wrote:hi guys

but basically has anyone got a good doc on the format yet? or do i have to piece together a lot of the info

i know the format has changed a bit since around v37 or so of global with the file splitting.

basically i will be writing a c implementation of the extractor to extract everything i am able to figure out (or what has been figured out by other people), yes it will be released.
hi what is ur msn?
AND can somu1 realse Dump for Image?
i only get the Sounds.
baomizhu
ultra-n00b

Post by baomizhu »

Code: Select all

Last edited by baomizhu on Sat May 10, 2008 2:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
ninjalm
n00b

Post by ninjalm »

was that code for me?
if yes it doesnt work.
i am using the latest Patch on gMs.
FILE D:NEXON/MAPLESTORY/DUMP.PY LINE 47 IN MODLE
DUMP()
ILE D:NEXON/MAPLESTORY/DUMP.PY LINE 7 IN DUMP
SAFE_MDKI(DUMPDIRBASE)
NAMEERORE
Global Name 'safe_nmdir' is not Difend
Omega
advanced

Post by Omega »

cyg wrote:hi guys

The format is essentially the same, just that the first level is stored in Base.wz and the rest are stored in the files. Each file.wz corresponds to a "folder" in Base.wz. Just use whatever is the latest version of the code to make it.
kolli
n00b

Post by kolli »

Hi,

it's me again.
I made some progress with my wz viewer.
Now I understand Python better, so it's easier for me to write routines in other languages.

But I have a big problem on the directory tree in Map.wz. For first testings I extract it and save the file structure like a normal directory (like "C:\Windows\System" --> "Item.wz\Cash\1234.img").
This works fine on all wz files, but only the map.wz makes problems.
It extracts the structure for "Map.wz\[all subfolders]" correct. But the *.img files are always in a wrong subfolder. The WorldMap0.img and WorldMap1.img should be in "Map.wz\WorldMap", but for me they are in "Map.wz\Map\Map9".
Also some other *.img files are wrong in Map.wz. And some gibberish folders appear (not sure if they really are in the map.wz, but I believe not).
I used recursion, similar to the one in dump.py, but made a little changes.
It works for al wz-files correct, but not for map.wz.

Can someone please explain, how the directory in map.wz are build up?

edit: I found the bug that produced the gibberish folders. But still the structure for Map.wz is not correct. It finds all *.img files and all subolders. But some img's are in the wrong subfolder.

I use a similar recursion like in the Python script. As long as there are "type 3" folders the directory tree gets extracted with the last parent directory (in py-script the parent is called basename). This works for all wz files, but not for Map.wz (where it finds all folders and img's but in the wrong order).

edit2:
OK, forget all my worries. :D I managed to display the folder correctly. I still do not understand fully why it works now, but perhaps this has something to do with a Python specific thing that I didn't knew....
The array in which I store all the directories has always to be sorted alphabetically.

Now I have to go for the hard part: finding out, how to extract the filenames from the actual files (mp3, png, txt, etc) without extracting the whole file.
Is there any general way of how the files are stored?
It seems not like the directories, but different for every type of file that exists. For example, the name of a PNG file has to be extracted differently like one from a txt file.
Omega
advanced

Post by Omega »

kolli wrote:Hi,

it's me again.
I made some progress with my wz viewer.
Now I understand Python better, so it's easier for me to write routines in other languages.

But I have a big problem on the directory tree in Map.wz. For first testings I extract it and save the file structure like a normal directory (like "C:\Windows\System" --> "Item.wz\Cash\1234.img").
This works fine on all wz files, but only the map.wz makes problems.
It extracts the structure for "Map.wz\[all subfolders]" correct. But the *.img files are always in a wrong subfolder. The WorldMap0.img and WorldMap1.img should be in "Map.wz\WorldMap", but for me they are in "Map.wz\Map\Map9".
Also some other *.img files are wrong in Map.wz. And some gibberish folders appear (not sure if they really are in the map.wz, but I believe not).
I used recursion, similar to the one in dump.py, but made a little changes.
It works for al wz-files correct, but not for map.wz.

Can someone please explain, how the directory in map.wz are build up?

edit: I found the bug that produced the gibberish folders. But still the structure for Map.wz is not correct. It finds all *.img files and all subolders. But some img's are in the wrong subfolder.

I use a similar recursion like in the Python script. As long as there are "type 3" folders the directory tree gets extracted with the last parent directory (in py-script the parent is called basename). This works for all wz files, but not for Map.wz (where it finds all folders and img's but in the wrong order).

edit2:
OK, forget all my worries. :D I managed to display the folder correctly. I still do not understand fully why it works now, but perhaps this has something to do with a Python specific thing that I didn't knew....
The array in which I store all the directories has always to be sorted alphabetically.

Now I have to go for the hard part: finding out, how to extract the filenames from the actual files (mp3, png, txt, etc) without extracting the whole file.
Is there any general way of how the files are stored?
It seems not like the directories, but different for every type of file that exists. For example, the name of a PNG file has to be extracted differently like one from a txt file.
All the file names for mp3's are stored separately in one of the strings files. File names on the other hand are stored right along with the .img file. Note that 0x01 and 0x02 always hold this name (IIRC, haven't looked at the code in a while). 0x1B and 0x79 hold images/audio, 0x9/0x8 hold blocks within them, and the rest just hold single values (or something close to that). I haven't figured out exactly what all the info around the mp3 files are, but they play fine all the same. I'm not so sure about the alphabetical sorting, but all the folders are in order.
ex,
file a, file b. folder 1
file c, folder 4, folder 5
folder 6
would turn into
file a
file b
folder 1
-file c
-folder 4
--folder 6
-folder 5

Not sure if that clears anything up, or if they started shuffling things around more than before, but it still seems to work on the latest GMS data file.

Hope that helps
themoviefund
advanced

Post by themoviefund »

Hi! I'm back! Remember me from page.. 4?

Anyways, I see there's still progress to be made. I don't play MapleStory anymore, so I've quit the extracting business.

So.. just some words of encouragement: good luck xDD
kolli
n00b

Post by kolli »

I'm making large steps in extracting the file tree.

But I have one more question:

On some point (in extract73type() when iname is "UOL") in the Python script you use a function "computeName". and at this point for the output you have a string with the content "image*" and the cumputed name.
What type is this? Is this an image or a MP3 (because it seems only to appear in Sound.wz)?

edit: The whole structure of the *.img does not go into my head...
Is the structure of the imgs the same as the folder structure?
The folder structure is like: [all level0 folders, sorted alphabetically] [all level1 folders, s. alph.] [all level2 folders, s. alph.] And every subfolder as a byte that tells us, how many there are --> easy recursion.

Is this the same in the imgs for the PNGs, MP3s and other type (numbers, text, etc) files?
Are the imgs build up in a way for that we can use an easy recursion?