Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Rumble Roses (.PAC)

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
beowolf
ultra-n00b

Post by beowolf »

bloody hell... so thats what the yobj is after all!... its been bugging me for quite some time. so most likely the meshes could be archived as an .obj, just a guess ^^; cuz when i think about it... konami did say that they modeled cy girls in maya (output usually .obj), soon after that, rr came out... and that ninja cygirls has some resemblance with the bloody shadow.

and yea... an extractor would be really great mike!
Mike
n00b

Exporter as requested

Post by Mike »

The exporter will convert multi rr yobj file to a single wavefront object file.
Currently support exctacted file only, so you must extact yobj by other tool.
Tips: You may also darg and drop one or more .yobj file over the dialog box of RROExporter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fatduck
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by fatduck »

Thanks for the sharing, I thought the tool will never appear but I am wrong. :mrgreen:

But the problem is how to extract the yobj out of pac!?
I try manually copy the 'YOBJ" section out of pac but it didn't work!

How to do it ? Thanks
Mike
n00b

Extract the yobj out of pac

Post by Mike »

Copy RRUnpack.exe to the folder where your want the files to be extracted. drag and drop .pac onto it to extract. make sure you have enough disk space to store the extract file. RRUnpack will NOT handle any IO error.

If you want to extract the files to different location, it must run the tool in console window.
The syntax is: RRUnpack [drive:][path]source [[drive:][path]destinaton] (wildcard are NOT supported).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SuperSSonic
n00b

Post by SuperSSonic »

Any chance to get the viewer I would like to use it to test texture edits it would really help to make it easier then having to burn a new dvd-r/install the game to hard drive each time.
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

sounds like it exports to normal OBJ, so we can use any 3d software.. but yeah active viewers still kick ass!! :wink:

hey mike, would you be interested in making a DOA4 model viewer?

models were extracted by volt, but can only be seen, using a long process through 3dmax... :p

edit:
jasmine, how do i get alpha extraction on your old texture exporter?
jasmine
VIP member
VIP member

Post by jasmine »

Mario, I hate to revisit that mess of code in the original texture extractor. Would probably be easier to start from scratch. Mike can you share your source code so that I can understand the file format better? I fooled with this file format for quite some time and I really impressed with the progress that you made. If you could even post the format on the Wiki it would benefit all those that are working on RR.
beowolf
ultra-n00b

Post by beowolf »

I can't seem to extract any textures. i only have the .mtl in the output, but its pointless without the actual textures themselves. am i the only one here with this problem?
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

yes...., :P lol

just use jasmines old texture extractor
Mike
n00b

RRUnpack source code

Post by Mike »

here is the source. I tried to clean it up a bit but it still look messy.

@Mario_Kart
I thought i wouldn't have time to start a new project. i've been busy with my work lately.
jasmine
VIP member
VIP member

Post by jasmine »

Mike, thanks for the source but I was actually referring to the obj converter program source. I'm trying to understand the data layout for the mesh inside the pac sections of the pac file. Any help would be appreciated.
fatduck
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by fatduck »

Hi jasmine and Mike,

Since "RRPacXtractor" didn't extract alpha channel and some images (4 bits index) didn't extract correctly as well. I decided to write my own.

The result seems a bit strange on both color and alpha! I thinks it the wrong method I used to convert the indexed color to full color! I wonder did you guys know how TIM2 indexed color work!?

ImageImage

See viewtopic.php?t=2664 for more details on my problem!
jasmine
VIP member
VIP member

Post by jasmine »

I posted the file format information in the other thread.
jasmine
VIP member
VIP member

Post by jasmine »

Hey, Mike, could you share the information that you know about the YOBJ file format? I could really use the information in creating an Exporter/Importer.
DRAVEN
advanced

Post by DRAVEN »

hey, jasmine, can you also look at compatiblity with smackdown shut Your Mouth and Here comes the pain a the exporter for RR extracts the models from these game... and would love an importer ;)