Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

.wz archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
AngelSL
beginner

Post by AngelSL »

Any hints on extracting the SOUND.WZ?
ninjalm
n00b

Post by ninjalm »

Puplis what hapeen?
nobday is posting here anymore...
you all qhit?
Omega
advanced

Post by Omega »

Apart from the new tester encryption (which we aren't going to solve), there's really nothing left to do. The necessary code has all been released. There are some minor things which haven't been solved, but they rarely occur in the files.
ninjalm
n00b

Post by ninjalm »

Omega wrote:Apart from the new tester encryption (which we aren't going to solve), there's really nothing left to do. The necessary code has all been released. There are some minor things which haven't been solved, but they rarely occur in the files.
huh?
nobday extraz more then 5% of the game O=
and can you giav me link to the most Extraz that have been realse.
and in the new virson maple had change the Data.wz to parts.
so can you giav me links to download fast virson with data.wz?
i am on gms.
Omega
advanced

Post by Omega »

ninjalm wrote:
Omega wrote:Apart from the new tester encryption (which we aren't going to solve), there's really nothing left to do. The necessary code has all been released. There are some minor things which haven't been solved, but they rarely occur in the files.
huh?
i am on gms.
The info is all on sauna already (and strategywiki) As for the parts stuff, just go through them one file at a time and it should work. Figuring that out is up to you. Also, please use a spell check.
AngelSL
beginner

Post by AngelSL »

ANY hints on the sounds and floor tiles? Omega?
ninjalm
n00b

Post by ninjalm »

Omega wrote:
ninjalm wrote:
huh?
i am on gms.
The info is all on sauna already (and strategywiki) As for the parts stuff, just go through them one file at a time and it should work. Figuring that out is up to you. Also, please use a spell check.
i download the pograme and the Pun.py but it doesnt work bcz i fhink it sut to Data.wz and theresnt anymore.
so it open for a sce and then exit.
pliz help me jast at the start and i will procerd alone.
AngelSL
beginner

Post by AngelSL »

Anyone? Sounds + floor tiles...
Omega
advanced

Post by Omega »

AngelSL wrote:Anyone? Sounds + floor tiles...
As a quick answer, sounds can be played by just running the sound.wz file in media player (may have to rename to .mp3).

I think the actual mp3 extraction stuff is there in the dumpMp3 function, it's just commented out (get rid of the # symbols, but I can't promise anything)

As for the tiles.....it should work, but can you give me a specific file name?
AngelSL
beginner

Post by AngelSL »

Map.wz + Sound.wz
Anyway, the dumpMp3 doesn't work!
ninjalm
n00b

Post by ninjalm »

ninjalm wrote:
Omega wrote:
ninjalm wrote: huh?
i am on gms.
i download the pograme and the Pun.py but it doesnt work bcz i fhink it sut to Data.wz and theresnt anymore.
so it open for a sce and then exit.
pliz help me jast at the start and i will procerd alone.
HMM?
Darkfox
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by Darkfox »

Hmmmm..........................very hard to decipher that message.
itg
beginner

Post by itg »

Hm, guys can anyone tell me is a tool for this game done? (wont read 20 pages :) I mean tool not some script or some thing else which searching for signatures, if no then Ill download that game, thnx.

Inside the game http://int0thegame.blogspot.com/
kolli
n00b

Post by kolli »

itg wrote:Hm, guys can anyone tell me is a tool for this game done? (wont read 20 pages :) I mean tool not some script or some thing else which searching for signatures, if no then Ill download that game, thnx.

There is a tool. It's called mapledump. But it's on Korean (or Japanese or something like that). It's written in Delphi and it's closed source.
I think that this tool is just a "translation" of the Python Script as the output looks the same.

I wanted to write a Object Pascal Tool, too (With FPC and Lazarus). But I'm still having trouble to read the Python script... I know the general process of what the script does, but my Python knowledge is to small to fully understand it...
And another reason, why I am not coming further: It's hard to find all the needed functions and types for Object Pascal - zlib, all the datatypes, the basic file reading - just everything is different...

Anyone else made a script or a tool in another language and likes to share his knowledge?

If the script was at least in C, but Python? Why it had to be in Python?
Yes, it extracts all Images, fine. But it would be better to have a tool to browse the wz-files.
Omega
advanced

Post by Omega »

kolli wrote:
itg wrote:Hm, guys can anyone tell me is a tool for this game done? (wont read 20 pages :) I mean tool not some script or some thing else which searching for signatures, if no then Ill download that game, thnx.

There is a tool. It's called mapledump. But it's on Korean (or Japanese or something like that). It's written in Delphi and it's closed source.
I think that this tool is just a "translation" of the Python Script as the output looks the same.

I wanted to write a Object Pascal Tool, too (With FPC and Lazarus). But I'm still having trouble to read the Python script... I know the general process of what the script does, but my Python knowledge is to small to fully understand it...
And another reason, why I am not coming further: It's hard to find all the needed functions and types for Object Pascal - zlib, all the datatypes, the basic file reading - just everything is different...

Anyone else made a script or a tool in another language and likes to share his knowledge?

If the script was at least in C, but Python? Why it had to be in Python?
Yes, it extracts all Images, fine. But it would be better to have a tool to browse the wz-files.
The point was to figure out the file structure, and python is a very good language to quickly put together a prototype. If you believe it's better to have a tool to browse the files, why don't you make one and release it?

Python is a very easy language to learn, and lambda didn't use anything too exotic to write the script (apart from zlib, but that's a standard dll). If you have any questions, there are plenty of places to ask (here included).