Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

About Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
UnpackerX
ultra-n00b

About Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3

Post by UnpackerX »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
PmData
beginner

Re: About Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3

Post by PmData »

UnpackerX wrote: I found in a russian site one tool that extract and pack the Resident Evil 3 rofs.dat, it unpack perfectly but pack dont work correct i think have a bug in the program because it increase the filesize and the game crashes or i dont know how to use the program cuz dont have any instruction how to use.
If you look in the bio3.ini configuration file, you'll see the lines Rofs<n>=<path to rofs<n>.dat file>. I read on a RE forum, that you can change this line to point rofs<n>= to a directory, so in this case you don't need to repack all files when modified. I don't know if it works though.

And if you're really interested in modifying the game, maybe you could help documenting the various file formats, either in Xentax wiki (for file archives only?) or the Rewiki one (any file type) http://rewiki.regengedanken.de/ .
themortician
ultra-n00b

Post by themortician »

I'm sorry to dig up that old topic, but i wonder how to work with that extractor.

I've downloaded it but don't know how to unpak the files with it.
Could someone help me with this?
PmData
beginner

Post by PmData »

Run the program. Use the first icon to select one or several rofs<n>.dat files to extract. Use the fourth icon (the one before the fifth, exit icon) to select a directory where to put extracted files.
themortician
ultra-n00b

Post by themortician »

Thanks pmData, i found out that you have to move the XorTable.tbl and the Decode.tbl into the folder wherw you want to extract the files to.