Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Animation Recipe Cracker

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Animation Recipe Cracker

Post by Bigchillghost »

shakotay2 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:48 pm I just stumbled accross it when reviewing the forum before it will shut down.
Ha, out of sight and out of mind. :D
shakotay2 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:48 pm (Ok, I will continue in the HOMM6 thread to not spam here.)
I appreciate your good intention but what difference will it make? Feel free to do whatever you like here. :)
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

Bigchillghost wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:01 pm I appreciate your good intention but what difference will it make?
This forum shouldn't shut down as a mess what I'm very likely to create. :D

btw, which "level" do you mean?
Bigchillghost wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:07 pmand it shouldn't be a problem to tell which curve belongs to which bone if you group them one level at a time.
Tuts: a) Bigchillghost, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
b) Extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
"Quoting the whole thing. Would u ever stop this nonsense?"
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

shakotay2 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:30 pm btw, which "level" do you mean?
I was talking about reversing the nested structure. One level at a time using the chunk size to break the entire binary blob into senseful structures. The number of items in each anim group matches with the bone count so I assume they match to each bone accordingly. Or were you saying they're otherwise?
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

Bigchillghost wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:38 pm I was talking about reversing the nested structure. One level at a time using the chunk size to break the entire binary blob into senseful structures. The number of items in each anim group matches with the bone count so I assume they match to each bone accordingly. Or were you saying they're otherwise?
Well, I'm not in the position to say otherwise. Still fighting with the names.
We've a set of animations, "Move", Run and so on. Are these "animgroups"?
What is "items"? There's 31 curves. So items==curves?
Bigchillghost wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:38 pm using the chunk size to break the entire binary blob into senseful structures.
Isn't this what you've done already? Is there a deeper nesting?
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

shakotay2 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:46 pm We've a set of animations, "Move", Run and so on. Are these "animgroups"?
Yes, that's correct. Maybe I forgot to change some naming of the elements in that template. But if you've observed the file using the template, you'd see there're 31 elements contained in each so-called animations, and under each of these elements there're 8 actual anim curves. Think of the concept that a "move" anim group consists of 4 specific anims: "move left/front/right/back". You can ignore other terms like
"items" etc., I was just describing things from a programming aspect.
Isn't this what you've done already? Is there a deeper nesting?
Yesh I was just saying it'd be clear once you got the nested structure figured out. There's no noticeable deeper nesting except for some bytes before each key count and these fields don't seem to show any hints.
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

Me again. Great tool but I can't seem to use it. Had a rough look into the detailed manual but couldn't find a hint.

What I did: File Open stand.ab
File Import Skeleton stand.end
(copying layout into Animation Layout window)
Compile
Execute
(RT error) matter of checkBoxes or parameter(s) I have to regard?
Changed "Euler" to "Quaternion" - still RT
Ok, had to switch to Big Endian.
On execute nothing happens.

From the manual I see there's an "Animation .. conversion completed."

Ok, "solved" :D
Convert
Preview

Done.

Hmm, maybe I'm a little bit dump, but I'd suggest to give the users this "Compile-Execute-Convert-Previev" hint at least?
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

shakotay2 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:05 am Hmm, maybe I'm a little bit dump, but I'd suggest to give the users this "Compile-Execute-Convert-Previev" hint at least?
You can just hit preview without performing individual steps as compile, execute, and convert. In fact there's no need to care about which step you should take first if you're confident about that your params are absolutely correct. The tool automatically performs the necessary steps in between. But to avoid unexpected crash it's recommended to perform these steps manually.