Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Granny .GR2 Reader plugin for Noesis

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
feldarzt
ultra-n00b

Re: Granny .GR2 Reader plugin for Noesis

Post by feldarzt »

Sorry if I'm being annoying. I kinda lack experience with the BG3's way of storing models and textures.

I tried using the Modders Multitool too. When I open the model in its object explorer, I only get the model files listed as being used in the "whole" model, and no textures are mentioned or shown in the 3D preview window. Am I looking in the wrong place or doing something wrong?

Also... When you mention "manual work to convert textures", do you mean like saturating those weird maps "hidden" in the channels of HMVY textures with appropriate colors and so on? If so, is there a simpler way of doing it rather than photoshopping them and trying to pick the colors necessary by guesswork?

Tosyk wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:04 am
feldarzt wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:20 am Wow.
How did you get that model textured? When I'm opening BG3 models in Noesis with the plugin and granny2.dll, I get them with 0 textures associated.

Tosyk wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:53 pm it works pretty well with Baldur's Gate 3 characters. I must also note that this is the only tool that converts BG3 models properly with skeleton.

I use this tool to find connection between resources:
https://github.com/ShinyHobo/BG3-Modders-Multitool

But there’s no way to just open model with all the texture applied. It’s manual work to convert textures and combine models
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

feldarzt wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:45 am Sorry if I'm being annoying. I kinda lack experience with the BG3's way of storing models and textures.

I tried using the Modders Multitool too. When I open the model in its object explorer, I only get the model files listed as being used in the "whole" model, and no textures are mentioned or shown in the 3D preview window. Am I looking in the wrong place or doing something wrong?
characters are using 3 types of texture: skin, eye, clothes. Skin is under the HMVY+CLEA maps, eye is also using a complex shading system, clothes are using virtual textures - you have to manually unpack them first, then look for the textures cuz there are no names. Most of the textures are virtual textures. However, there's a way to name these virtual textures after unpack with this script. After renaming, you'll be able to find corresponding textures by model name, most of the time. Sometimes, female model HUM_F_ uses male's texture named like HUM_M_ etc
feldarzt wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:45 amAlso... When you mention "manual work to convert textures", do you mean like saturating those weird maps "hidden" in the channels of HMVY textures with appropriate colors and so on? If so, is there a simpler way of doing it rather than photoshopping them and trying to pick the colors necessary by guesswork?
I'm afraid there's no way to AUTO do things. Having the list of models is already a huge gift.

I hope it does make sense.

p.s.: if you want a specific model, check my deviant page, maybe you'll find there what you need.
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
feldarzt
ultra-n00b

Post by feldarzt »

Yep, that makes sense to me. Thanks a lot for the explanation! It's always great to have someone experienced to show you the ropes :)

Also, that's a great DA page!

Tosyk wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:26 pm
feldarzt wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:45 am Sorry if I'm being annoying. I kinda lack experience with the BG3's way of storing models and textures.

characters are using 3 types of texture: skin, eye, clothes. Skin is under the HMVY+CLEA maps, eye is also using a complex shading system, clothes are using virtual textures - you have to manually unpack them first, then look for the textures cuz there are no names. Most of the textures are virtual textures. However, there's a way to name these virtual textures after unpack with this script. After renaming, you'll be able to find corresponding textures by model name, most of the time. Sometimes, female model HUM_F_ uses male's texture named like HUM_M_ etc
feldarzt wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:45 amAlso... When you mention "manual work to convert textures", do you mean like saturating those weird maps "hidden" in the channels of HMVY textures with appropriate colors and so on? If so, is there a simpler way of doing it rather than photoshopping them and trying to pick the colors necessary by guesswork?
I'm afraid there's no way to AUTO do things. Having the list of models is already a huge gift.

I hope it does make sense.

p.s.: if you want a specific model, check my deviant page, maybe you'll find there what you need.
Ecthelia
ultra-n00b

Post by Ecthelia »

Tosyk wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:26 pm characters are using 3 types of texture: skin, eye, clothes. Skin is under the HMVY+CLEA maps, eye is also using a complex shading system, clothes are using virtual textures - you have to manually unpack them first, then look for the textures cuz there are no names. Most of the textures are virtual textures. However, there's a way to name these virtual textures after unpack with this script. After renaming, you'll be able to find corresponding textures by model name, most of the time. Sometimes, female model HUM_F_ uses male's texture named like HUM_M_ etc
The link you posted for the script doesn't work if you aren't in that discord. Would you mind posting it here? Or if it's a public server, would you share an invite link?

Thanks so much!
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

Ecthelia wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:49 am
Tosyk wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:26 pm characters are using 3 types of texture: skin, eye, clothes. Skin is under the HMVY+CLEA maps, eye is also using a complex shading system, clothes are using virtual textures - you have to manually unpack them first, then look for the textures cuz there are no names. Most of the textures are virtual textures. However, there's a way to name these virtual textures after unpack with this script. After renaming, you'll be able to find corresponding textures by model name, most of the time. Sometimes, female model HUM_F_ uses male's texture named like HUM_M_ etc
The link you posted for the script doesn't work if you aren't in that discord. Would you mind posting it here? Or if it's a public server, would you share an invite link?

Thanks so much!
right, here is the invite:
https://discord.gg/Ne7hfCRj
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
05SpeedMaster
veteran

Post by 05SpeedMaster »

OK. I keep getting PM's about "Encrypted Files" and how to break into them.
I'm not going to tell you how I can get all the meshes and stuff but I'll tell you this.
They are NOT encrypted!!!! All the information is there!

Here's what happens...........
On export from, say 3D Max, there is options to NOT include information. Like Model name, mesh names, and so on.
Granny Viewer and most other Tools look for the names and such. If not there? You'll see nothing, get nothing!

This seems limited to Metin2 files so far.
Jawwad
ultra-n00b

Post by Jawwad »

Hello

someone know how to fix this?
05SpeedMaster
veteran

Post by 05SpeedMaster »

Not enough information to go by.
What Game files? What granny2.dll. And Why version 121 of the script?
Milkage
ultra-n00b

Post by Milkage »

Any idea which part of the hex code is the model list?
feldarzt
ultra-n00b

Post by feldarzt »

Looks like the invite has expired :(
Could you give us another one? I'd love to get that script.
Tosyk wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:35 pm
Ecthelia wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:49 am

Thanks so much!
right, here is the invite:
https://discord.gg/Ne7hfCRj
feldarzt
ultra-n00b

Post by feldarzt »

Heck, those so-called virtual textures blow my mind.

Does anyone understand how are they different from the "regular" textures except for having chaotic and non-structured names and in-file placement?
cvaqabond
ultra-n00b

Post by cvaqabond »

Can someone please explain to me how to do this? I've been trying for hours but I can't do it.

I am using 3dsMax 2018 and have all the necessary plugins. However, I don't know how to adapt an animation I found on the internet to a gr2 file. I tried many times in Metin2 but the result is unsuccessful. If there is anyone who can guide me step by step, I would like to thank you very much in advance.

I don't know exactly how I should implement the import and export operations. That's why my character looks like a stickman in the game.
05SpeedMaster
veteran

Post by 05SpeedMaster »

Example of the files goes a long way to help.
SphinxRa40
ultra-n00b

Post by SphinxRa40 »

Thanks for all your work^
Tho of all the games listed, there is sadly no support for the game Rise and Fall?
That game has a GrannySS.dll, tried both scripts and renamed the dll (for 3.5) but no luck :/
05SpeedMaster
veteran

Post by 05SpeedMaster »

Do you have a sample model file?
The GrannySS.dll is version 2.5.0.11 so it's NOT going to work.

I'd like to check the model files with exporters I wrote.