Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

3D Model Researcher - extract 3D models with Python

General game file tools that are useful for more than one game
an90dy905909
ultra-n00b

Re: 3D Model Researcher - extract 3D models with Python

Post by an90dy905909 »

Hy there,

just one question about 3d model researcher and faces type, is there any way to render-print (export mesh) as quads
but not triangles?

Thanks.
Oszkarosv
ultra-n00b

Post by Oszkarosv »

Good morning from Vienna,

first of all thank you very much for this excellent tool, Mr. Lazov.
One question would refer to Tracebacks. Is it possible to retrieve the contents (source code ) of files
mentioned in those error messages in order to analyze what is going wrong?
For example , I got this when trying to visualize texture polygons:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "MR", line 55, in
mrp.view_uvs("Root")
File "mrp.py", line 103, in mrp.view_uvs (mrp.c:4108)
File "\mainh.py", line 1483, in mr_pro.e2429d5a23.on_preview_uvs (mainh.c:33202)
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'conf' referenced before assignment

So it would be great to have a look into "mrp.py" or "\mainh.py" (by the way, the directory structure is also invisible)

Rendering works for me only visualising 3d models without textures, if I attempt to display materials, the program crashes.

Any support is appreciated.
Kind regards, Oszkar
Lazov
veteran

Post by Lazov »

Oszkarosv
Thanks for reporting the bug. Indeed, this is a bug. I'll fix it soon and update the version on the site.
an90dy905909
Yes, quads should be supported
AMDFreak2006
ultra-n00b

Post by AMDFreak2006 »

AMDFreak2006 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:18 pm
Hello Lazov,

thanks for making the Pro version now for free.
However the bug I described around 3 years ago is still there. As already said 3 years ago I'm willing to help here with example files, testing, describing my analysis mehod, etc. if that is helpful.

The bug:
There is still no way to export the OBJ-file in a way that the coordinates (UV) for the textures are correct (see quoted screenshots and text above).

I managed to flip the texture image file itself for example in Blender (or an external tool) but I don't think thats the correct way to go due to quality losses, or is it the only way?
Is there any way to correct the UV coordinates to map to the correct texture image coordinates without flipping the image file itself?

If not, how can the corresponding texture image file be automatically flipped? Is there some kind of parameter in the OBJ or MTL file?

Besides that question: Does anyone know how the texture files in my screenshots above got created in the first place? The game manages to read the texture information of 4 different cars from this one texture TGA file. And as seen especially in the last screenshot the textures/cars are quite distorted in the texture image file due to the shape of the UV-polygons. I don't think the game devs draw this distortion manually so how did they create those texture files in the first place?
How can I create such a distorted texture file myself? In Blender I wasn't able to correctly paint the exported model in the 3D view (it just works correctly in 2D view, but that doesnt't help much since I could do this better in GIMP, Photoshop etc, then.) Are there any other tools which are able to do it or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
JanB23
ultra-n00b

Post by JanB23 »

Hi, i'm sorry but i'm having an issue, when i runs an script MRP gave this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "MR", line 3, in
from nines import *
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'nines'

Can you help me? Please

Thanks in advance

P.D.: i used the search in this theme but not results about my issue
Sparagas
beginner

Post by Sparagas »

You are trying to import nines module. What is it? If you didn't wrote the script, or don't know what I am talking about, try deleting this line from your script:

Code: Select all

from nines import *
If it doesn't help, then you need to learn Python programming language. Or import nines module. It should be places in the same folder, as program, or in documents folder or "your user name" folder. Can't remember witch one. Try them all.
JanB23
ultra-n00b

Post by JanB23 »

Sparagas wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:20 pm You are trying to import nines module. What is it? If you didn't wrote the script, or don't know what I am talking about, try deleting this line from your script:

Code: Select all

from nines import *
If it doesn't help, then you need to learn Python programming language. Or import nines module. It should be places in the same folder, as program, or in documents folder or "your user name" folder. Can't remember witch one. Try them all.
Thanks for answer, i followed your advice; finally runs, and you are totally right i don't wrote the script, and i'm looking for all data about python modules.

I'm looking for other ways to extract my model but looks little tricky.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your answer cheers and long live