Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Help with extracting 2D assets from SAO Lycoris

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
shannoncreez
ultra-n00b

Help with extracting 2D assets from SAO Lycoris

Post by shannoncreez »

Hi!
I'd like to get some pictures from SAO Lycoris (character's sprites, and eventually CG scenes too).

With Crilayla and Quickbms, I was able to extract a file that looks like what i'd like to have, but it's in tga.phyre format. From what I understood, it needs to be decompressed in order to get the actual image (tga format). I also checked this file in a Hex editor, to confirm it.

Unfortunately, I do not find anything about how to extract a phyre file... Does anyone know how to do it? Could you please teach me how, or tell me where to find relevant tutorials?
Apparently, there may have been information on Zenhax, but the website is down :/

Thanks for your help :)

PS: here is the file I extracted https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i-tgnh ... sp=sharing
piken
beginner

Re: Help with extracting 2D assets from SAO Lycoris

Post by piken »

I'm unfamiliar with RYHP containers, but they appear like generic container files with a directory and file list, no special encryption or compression (see image below). See if any other games use the same format (e.g. mentioned here viewtopic.php?t=17545). Short of figuring out RYHP layout, this thread has a good list of raw binary file viewers to at least visualize things: viewtopic.php?t=15540 Btw, nice Digimon perler bead creations.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shannoncreez
ultra-n00b

Post by shannoncreez »

Thanks a lot! I'll check with a Viewer tool, then.
And thanks for the perlers, I had a great time doing those ;)
OKKI
ultra-n00b

Post by OKKI »

Could someone please tell me how to extract tga.phyre from a file with no extension extracted from a CPK file?
※I am Japanese. I'm sorry that it's hard to convey.