Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Can someone help me convert these files to .bmp

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
MaxBOOST
ultra-n00b

Can someone help me convert these files to .bmp

Post by MaxBOOST »

So, I managed to extract the assets of an unpopular game (Moorhuhn Adventure 2: Der Fluch des Goldes), but I can't seem to get the files opened.

Can someone help me convert them to some sort of common format like a png or a bmp ?

i have attached a link to a zip containing said assets.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1001vId ... sp=sharing
piken
beginner

Re: Can someone help me convert these files to .bmp

Post by piken »

The data in "g/img/in_All.img" starting at 2F2D1h looks like RGB triplets (8-bits per component) with some RLE or back reference compression, since the rows do not align, but 🤷 you'll probably have to debug through the decompression code to figure it out...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MaxBOOST
ultra-n00b

Post by MaxBOOST »

piken wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:54 am The data in "g/img/in_All.img" starting at 2F2D1h looks like RGB triplets (8-bits per component) with some RLE or back reference compression, since the rows do not align, but 🤷 you'll probably have to debug through the decompression code to figure it out...
you're probably correct, but you did get close. The image you got strongly resembles one of the game assets in there, just miscolored.
piken
beginner

Post by piken »

Some images appear uncompressed using 8-bit indices with 32-bit RGBX palette (e.g. invApfel._img), and others appear to have multiple images contained in them (e.g. inv_Lf._img), and some have names in them (e.g. "Small Font, Gray" in fntGray._img). In invApfel._img, it appears the dimensions 50x50 are stored early in the header, as 0x32 (01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 32 00 00 00 32 00 00 00) plus 2 bytes of row-stride padding (probably to round up to 32-bits). Overall the format doesn't appear that consistent, except for the reliable "FF 00 FF 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF" pattern at 0x0016. I'd start with the uncompressed ones, like invApfel._img and invAbacus._img first. Good luck 🤞🍀.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MaxBOOST
ultra-n00b

Post by MaxBOOST »

piken wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:40 am
thanks a million man, will credit you for all of this
:)
MaxBOOST
ultra-n00b

Post by MaxBOOST »

piken wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:40 am