Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

file open dialog - slow

Problems getting MultiEx Commander or other related programs to run? This is where you post.
Xanax
n00b

file open dialog - slow

Post by Xanax »

I downloaded the current version (4.3.0) of MultiEx commander two days ago. It is unregistered. When I click on 'Open Archive', it takes nearly two minutes for the File Open Dialog window to appear.

I did a search and didn't see any reference to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Re: file open dialog - slow

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Xanax wrote:I downloaded the current version (4.3.0) of MultiEx commander two days ago. It is unregistered. When I click on 'Open Archive', it takes nearly two minutes for the File Open Dialog window to appear.

I did a search and didn't see any reference to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Interesting. Does it do this all the time ?
Xanax
n00b

Re: file open dialog - slow

Post by Xanax »

Mr.Mouse wrote:
Xanax wrote:I downloaded the current version (4.3.0) of MultiEx commander two days ago. It is unregistered. When I click on 'Open Archive', it takes nearly two minutes for the File Open Dialog window to appear.

Interesting. Does it do this all the time ?
Yes, but I think I may have an idea of what the problem is. This is a computer that I had at work that they let me take home when I got a new one. It has about a dozen mapped network drives on it that I have never bothered to unmap, and so no longer actually exist. I notice that the open dialog comes up without plus signs next to those drives, which tells me that it has done enough work to figure out that there is nothing there.

So I'm guessing that maybe it is the time it is taking to explore those non-existent drives. Does that make sense?
Xanax
n00b

Post by Xanax »

That was it. I disconnected those drives and now it pops right up.

Sorry for the false alarm and that should teach me to stop and think for a few minutes before posting (but it probably won't). :)
Dinoguy1000
Site Admin

Post by Dinoguy1000 »

Hey, don't mention it, this way, if someone else asks about a similar problem in the future, we can check and make sure it's not nonexistant network drives. :wink:
Welcome to Xentax!

Rules | Requests | Wiki | Discord

If you run across a post that breaks the rules, please report the post - a mod or admin will handle it from there.