Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Horizon Forbidden West [PS4/PS5]

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
auramalexander
beginner

Re: Horizon Forbidden West

Post by auramalexander »

I have merged the .ascii files that it outputs. Is there something else I need to merge? Your documentation is a little all over the place so forgive me if I missed something.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

auramalexander wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:28 pm I have merged the .ascii files that it outputs. Is there something else I need to merge? Your documentation is a little all over the place so forgive me if I missed something.
I did not expect much people to even try it. Considering there are no names and its hard to find anything. Mostly people who worked with 1st game a lot. And they all know how to merge ascii.
Which files you merged and in which order?
You cant just merge anything. You can only merge one skeleton with one mesh part and skeleton goes first. Of course its also possible to merge them all together, but that requires additional steps.
auramalexander
beginner

Post by auramalexander »

JP on the Discord server sent me a .bat file that runs this "copy /b *.ascii MERGED.ascii"
So it just merges all the .ascii files into one. Now that I look closer though it does seem there are skeletons here.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

auramalexander wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:41 pm JP on the Discord server sent me a .bat file that runs this "copy /b *.ascii MERGED.ascii"
So it just merges all the .ascii files into one. Now that I look closer though it does seem there are skeletons here.
that explains it. This batch merges files in "random" order. So that robot worked, and the outfit didnt.
auramalexander
beginner

Post by auramalexander »

Oh I see, what is the proper way to merge them then? I just read through and the only instructions on merging I could find are about the robots with merging animations and other skeletons and such.
auramalexander
beginner

Post by auramalexander »

Oh! I just tried manually merging in a text editor and that worked! I copied everything from the C5BB_skel_1.ascii file then the C5BB_0.ascii file and that did the trick. So yes I'm assuming the issue was the skeleton parts not being at the top.

Any advice on how to merge the non-robot meshes properly?

EDIT: Did the rest of the meshes manually and it looks like I'm missing the chest piece. Everything else has imported into Blender just fine and I re-extracted and ended up with the same amount of files. What was the chest piece called on your version?
auramalexander
beginner

Post by auramalexander »

Bumping to hopefully figure out why I'm missing the chest piece here: https://imgur.com/cNt7n1m
What is the name of that mesh?
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

auramalexander wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:44 am Bumping to hopefully figure out why I'm missing the chest piece here: https://imgur.com/cNt7n1m
auramalexander
beginner

Post by auramalexander »

daemon1 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:16 am
auramalexander wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:44 am Bumping to hopefully figure out why I'm missing the chest piece here: https://imgur.com/cNt7n1m
4 is the hat for me?
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: Horizon Forbidden West [PS4/PS5]

Post by daemon1 »

auramalexander wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:46 am 4 is the hat for me?
You messed up something.
Do it again, carefully.
auramalexander
beginner

Post by auramalexander »

I did not mess up something. I've extracted it many times and have shown you the screenshot of what happens when I extract it. Please I'd really appreciate it if you could explain more than just "you messed up" or "works fine for me." Every time I extract it gives me 9 meshes, none of which are the chest piece.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

auramalexander wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:36 pm I did not mess up something. I've extracted it many times and have shown you the screenshot of what happens when I extract it. Please I'd really appreciate it if you could explain more than just "you messed up" or "works fine for me." Every time I extract it gives me 9 meshes, none of which are the chest piece.
This is because i dont see another explanation. The situation you describe seems impossible.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

auramalexander wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:36 pm Every time I extract it gives me 9 meshes, none of which are the chest piece.
Yes it has 9 pieces, and one of them is chest piece.
Lets try this. Extract them all again, load one at a time, and you will see where you messed up.
auramalexander
beginner

Post by auramalexander »

daemon1 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:30 am Yes it has 9 pieces, and one of them is chest piece.
Lets try this. Extract them all again, load one at a time, and you will see where you messed up.
Hi hi so I decided to just show my whole process for the extraction in a video here: https://youtu.be/V37tPXqnSBE
If the quality is low, just give YouTube some time to process it up to 4K.

Hopefully this clears up any confusion that just posting here has created. Really hoping I'm just doing something simple wrong here. Worst case, I'd still definitely appreciate you sending the .ascii over for me. Since it's just a text file, you could drop it in a Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/

Either way, let me know! Thanks for your help.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

auramalexander wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:35 am Hopefully this clears up any confusion that just posting here has created. Really hoping I'm just doing something simple wrong here. Worst case, I'd still definitely appreciate you sending the .ascii over for me. Since it's just a text file, you could drop it in a Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/

Either way, let me know! Thanks for your help.
ok at least 2 parts are merged wrong: c5bb_2.ascii & c5bb_3.ascii
You can see yourself that something is wrong with them.