Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

The Sims Complete Collection Fonts

Need help translating games in other languages? Have your language problems solved here.
hok1994
ultra-n00b

The Sims Complete Collection Fonts

Post by hok1994 »

Hi!
I became interested in translating The Sims Complete Collection into Ukrainian for myself.
The game recognizes Cyrillic characters, which are in both Ukrainian and Russian, but in Ukrainian there are several characters that are absent in other languages and they are not displayed. But I'm too stupid to understand what to do so that the game understands Ukrainian.
And the UIGraphics archive contains a Fonts folder with FON and ffn files. Do I understand correctly that I need to create a FON font file and add it to the archive, as well as a set of ffn fonts with Ukrainian?
Perhaps there is someone who would explain in a few steps what concretely needs to be done and in what way.
Saw a similar thread a few years ago but couldn't find an answer.
ikskoks

Re: The Sims Complete Collection Fonts

Post by ikskoks »

Please upload "Fonts" folder to some hosting site like mega.nz, google drive etc. and then share a public link with us,
so we can check out those files.
hok1994
ultra-n00b

Post by hok1994 »

ikskoks

Post by ikskoks »

Well, it seems it is a standard EA font format with FNTF signature http://wiki.xentax.com/index.php/EA_FFN_Font
There is a paint.net plugin for editing those files, available for download in this topic viewtopic.php?f=33&t=22120
So you can try to use it.