Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

.wcp Happy Feet 2006 videogame sound files problem

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
Leshiy
n00b

.wcp Happy Feet 2006 videogame sound files problem

Post by Leshiy »

Hello, i wanted extract some audio files from this old game but have a problem with their format. I found only one program that can see them but even in that case it says that its not .wcp or file has errors. I suggest that this file is coded but i have no idea how to open it. To be honest i have this problem on all audio files from this game :evil: Maybe some one figure out how to open it. I just need some voicelines from there.
I left the link on file below so you can download archive and watch this format:
https://mega.nz/file/ORkiHDoK#Ots0LSHzT ... YxMEaaP5LU

Will be very much appreciated if you figure out how open it
Leshiy
n00b

Re: .wcp Happy Feet 2006 videogame sound files problem

Post by Leshiy »

Ah sheesh figure out. Import this files as RAW in Audacity and it seems that it works. I try this method with other files and say work this on all of them or not.
Leshiy
n00b

Post by Leshiy »

Also .wcp files seems not work well but .sbk files perform sound as it should be.
Leshiy
n00b

Post by Leshiy »

Problem is still has place. Audacity can't correctly play Raw data sound some sound play good some not and causes blood from my ears. For example if import .wcp file for replay you can hear the sound it maybe very slowed. And in sound lenth you can see some sound artifacts. I solve some problem with decoding choose variants but still sound has sound glitches.
Leshiy
n00b

Post by Leshiy »

Upd. The sound is relatively clear on Signed 32-bit PCM encoding but still has audio artifacts. At least already something.
DKDave
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by DKDave »

The files in your link don't contain any audio - the wcp file is very small (and compressed) and the sbk file is blank.
I see a vision rising, dreary, Fading in as children play twilight games, In the town called Ordinary, An eye of light reveals a gateway to doomsday
Leshiy
n00b

Post by Leshiy »

Thanks. I found some audio files in .str format and it seems they work fine. But some of files stored in .wcp and .sbk they played with scritches and artifacts when i launch them here new source https://mega.nz/file/PMtDjAKT#ABYQjd8sJ ... K0TXUVtZKQ