Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Diablo 4 models extract

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
05SpeedMaster
veteran

Re: Diablo 4 models extract

Post by 05SpeedMaster »

I always get a kick out of people "demanding" answers.
zardalu
veteran

Post by zardalu »

zaramot wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:58 pm Looks more like their diablo 3 app format, rather than their m3. Different from D3 app of course!
Amazing work as always zaramot, let me know if you need any additional samples
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

I imported only one model (lilith, well also a piece of some rock-wall lol) in order to check the format and make some notes. Used samples from above - don't have any textures, can't even test uv's. The series is very popular, I'm sure someone will make the tools quite soon, though if no one will - I will take this task myself :)
Making model-import scripts, PM
Test2007
ultra-n00b

Post by Test2007 »

zaramot wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:05 pm I imported only one model (lilith, well also a piece of some rock-wall lol) in order to check the format and make some notes. Used samples from above - don't have any textures, can't even test uv's. The series is very popular, I'm sure someone will make the tools quite soon, though if no one will - I will take this task myself :)
strpetrichor wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:46 am The .tex files are indeed BC3_Unorm_SRGB

https://imgur.com/a/uYWwDXk

The resolution of the images can be a bit of a pain to find, some of them are massive.
tmr32
ultra-n00b

Post by tmr32 »

zaramot wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:05 pm I imported only one model (lilith, well also a piece of some rock-wall lol) in order to check the format and make some notes. Used samples from above - don't have any textures, can't even test uv's. The series is very popular, I'm sure someone will make the tools quite soon, though if no one will - I will take this task myself :)
How far have you come? Have you been able to get the Vertices/Indices?
Or is this file format differently structured?

Asking due to interest in 3D printing the Lilith Shrine from the game and therefor not caring about normals, textures etc.
Darkhowlings
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Darkhowlings »

Well, they already started unpacking models in a NSFW way. They already made one for Lilith in one page.
Maurith
ultra-n00b

Post by Maurith »

Has anyone made any progress with importing the models into 3DS Max or Blender? I've tried several things, but failed.. Honestly don't know much about that side of ripping/importing/converting...
pepapoha
n00b

Post by pepapoha »

hey guys any extract diablo map dungeon mesh files ?
neonvega
advanced

Post by neonvega »

Ace94 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:39 am Did anyone do this yet? Lilith in particular is what I am looking for. I am shocked there is 0 info on this considering Diablo 4 is probably the biggest game that will be releasing this year. Any info and help would be appreciated!
Spiderman 2 - AM I a Joke To You??
zardalu
veteran

Post by zardalu »

coredevel at zenhax was making good progress on the models and has created a working texture converter, but zenhax now appears to be broken so I'm now sure how to contact him to see how things are going. Anyone know how to get a hold of coredevel?
TaylorMouse
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by TaylorMouse »

Mmm since the release, it doesn't seem that the Casc Viewer is still working or am I just being stupid ( again ) ?
si3g
ultra-n00b

Post by si3g »

zardalu wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:37 pm coredevel at zenhax was making good progress on the models and has created a working texture converter, but zenhax now appears to be broken so I'm now sure how to contact him to see how things are going. Anyone know how to get a hold of coredevel?
Zenhax dead :(
I was following the topic there too.

I hope you can share it, i'm helping a friend to work on a personal (non-lucrative) project and this would be very helpful.
Darkhowlings
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Darkhowlings »

si3g wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:25 pm Zenhax dead :(
I was following the topic there too.
Wait... holy shit you're right! Zenhax is death!
So now we can only hope they work in ways for get the models... here? Because I'm interesting they find a way for get the models mostlyforgetthepuppybackpack.
si3g
ultra-n00b

Post by si3g »

Actually zenhax got hacked, so maybe they're taking the time to fix it and maybe upgrade it to a newer software version, i wish them the best and hope it comes back soon.

I know my first post was pretty short but i already contributed in the past on other games (i just forgot with which account/email), i'm not here to just beg stuff but the original work with diablo files is way too difficult for me, though i may be able to help with testing and improving existing tools.

Also the casual members might be doing this for fun and personal things (that's why i might have like 3 or 4 accounts and can never remember which one it is), the most active might be those who need it for lucrative projects. I don't want to complain, but i think the more casual who can help a little shouldn't be excluded..
zardalu
veteran

Post by zardalu »

TaylorMouse wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:01 pm Mmm since the release, it doesn't seem that the Casc Viewer is still working or am I just being stupid ( again ) ?
Lol CASCExplorer has been updated to support the latest retail version of Diablo 4 (Fenris):

https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?t=26832

Also included in that thread is a link to the D4 texture tool.

It would be amazing if Griffon Studios could support Diablo 4 models. Your Diablo Immortal script was excellent.
Let me know if any samples are required.