Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Frostbite model tools (Battlefield, Battlefront and others)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
SilverEvo
n00b

Re: Frostbite model tools (Battlefield, Battlefront and others)

Post by SilverEvo »

Yeah sadly none of those worked on the extracted generals 2 files. I am getting this

And I checked I don't have veniceantske01.ebx in the dump. I tried two different dumps with two scripts and none of them have that.

--------------------Update--------------------------------

Now it seems to work after renaming the ebx to veniceantske01.ebx, but it fails to load the chunk ig.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

SilverEvo wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 3:27 pm...Now it seems to work after renaming the ebx to veniceantske01.ebx, but it fails to load the chunk ig.
That is correct, ANY skeleton that the game might have or specific for that model needs to be renamed to the venice one as its hardcoded in to the tool since its from BF3 game and the rest of Frostbite 2 tools where made based off of that code with modifications for the other games.
Well, since you tried those options best bet would be for a tool to surface, in the near or very far future, who knows.
SilverEvo
n00b

Post by SilverEvo »

mono24 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:07 pm
SilverEvo wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 3:27 pm...Now it seems to work after renaming the ebx to veniceantske01.ebx, but it fails to load the chunk ig.
That is correct, ANY skeleton that the game might have or specific for that model needs to be renamed to the venice one as its hardcoded in to the tool since its from BF3 game and the rest of Frostbite 2 tools where made based off of that code with modifications for the other games.
Well, since you tried those options best bet would be for a tool to surface, in the near or very far future, who knows.
Can you provide me with any python scripts to dump bf3/bf4 so try and dump the game with them ?
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

SilverEvo wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:54 pm...Can you provide me with any python scripts to dump bf3/bf4 so try and dump the game with them ?
You already forgot about it: https://github.com/NicknineTheEagle/Frostbite-Scripts ?
Those sets of scripts will dump pretty much any game up till 2018/Anthem, any platform, Frostbite 2 folder is for BF3, etc... while Frostbite 3 folder is for BF4, etc.
SilverEvo
n00b

Post by SilverEvo »

mono24 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 12:07 am
SilverEvo wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:54 pm...Can you provide me with any python scripts to dump bf3/bf4 so try and dump the game with them ?
You already forgot about it: https://github.com/NicknineTheEagle/Frostbite-Scripts ?
Those sets of scripts will dump pretty much any game up till 2018/Anthem, any platform, Frostbite 2 folder is for BF3, etc... while Frostbite 3 folder is for BF4, etc.
No. I just want to try different tools to dump the game. There is a difference in the chunks using the github tools and the tools for the game. The games may be running all on frostbite but so far Generals is the only RTS one.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

SilverEvo wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 12:15 amNo. I just want to try different tools to dump the game. There is a difference in the chunks using the github tools and the tools for the game. The games may be running all on frostbite but so far Generals is the only RTS one.
Older scripts that are posted somewhere on this forum, god knows where other forums exactly are fully deprecated and a bad idea.
Check the bottom part of this post, then you'll be all set regarding the chunk naming issue.
viewtopic.php?p=181740#p181740
SilverEvo
n00b

Post by SilverEvo »

mono24 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 12:23 am
SilverEvo wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 12:15 amNo. I just want to try different tools to dump the game. There is a difference in the chunks using the github tools and the tools for the game. The games may be running all on frostbite but so far Generals is the only RTS one.
Older scripts that are posted somewhere on this forum, god knows where other forums exactly are fully deprecated and a bad idea.
Check the bottom part of this post, then you'll be all set regarding the chunk naming issue.
viewtopic.php?p=181740#p181740
I searched for quite a while and found some useful older scripts, but I still can't find a script that I think it may work BF3_Vehicle_Skeleton_reader

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdgwQpWCk84
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

SilverEvo wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 12:12 am..I searched for quite a while and found some useful older scripts, but I still can't find a script that I think it may work BF3_Vehicle_Skeleton_reader...
I am seriously confused as to what is your looking for exactly now?
Besides that CC Alpha never released game, that has no specific tools for it, the rest of the games already have the tools posted, some on the links i included in one of my posts above, to convert everything you need.
SilverEvo
n00b

Post by SilverEvo »

mono24 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 2:49 pm
SilverEvo wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 12:12 am..I searched for quite a while and found some useful older scripts, but I still can't find a script that I think it may work BF3_Vehicle_Skeleton_reader...
I am seriously confused as to what is your looking for exactly now?
Besides that CC Alpha never released game, that has no specific tools for it, the rest of the games already have the tools posted, some on the links i included in one of my posts above, to convert everything you need.
The alpha was never released but it was leaked and tools were made by Dainius G. I specifically posted above the script I need. The script I need is found in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdgwQpWCk84 for 3ds max named BF3_Vehicle_Skeleton_reader2.ms but the script download link has been taken down.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

SilverEvo wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 4:49 pm...The script I need is found in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdgwQpWCk84 for 3ds max named BF3_Vehicle_Skeleton_reader2.ms but the script download link has been taken down.
Why though, the BF3 tool works just fine, skeleton/weights support as well. Hence my confusion at the moment.
SilverEvo
n00b

Post by SilverEvo »

I need to see the max script that loads the vehicles to see if a friend of mine can make it work for generals 2 vehicles and fix the weight problems.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

SilverEvo wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:15 pm I need to see the max script that loads the vehicles to see if a friend of mine can make it work for generals 2 vehicles and fix the weight problems.
Ah, well, in that case i found these in one of my old HDDs. I personally was never able to use them, so... good luck on them.
3dsMax_FrostbiteVarious.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverEvo
n00b

Post by SilverEvo »

mono24 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:39 pm Ah, well, in that case i found these in one of my old HDDs. I personally was never able to use them, so... good luck on them.
3dsMax_FrostbiteVarious.zip
Yes these are the ones. I sent them to my friend to see if he can load the vehicle weights. Will post the script here if he manages to do it for the others if they want to tinker with Generals 2. Thanks again :D
Matheuh
ultra-n00b

Post by Matheuh »

Deleted
Last edited by Matheuh on Thu May 25, 2023 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matheuh
ultra-n00b

Post by Matheuh »

daemon1 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:26 pm Map tool set for Anthem.

Most map objects properly placed, including blueprints. Also basic terrain support.

1. Dump the game

Use the new toc_anthem_v3.exe, it was updated since original anthem dump tool, because i found that some rare chunks were not dumped, and they are needed for maps. So if you have dumped anthem before, you need to redump it.

Set desired parameters in ufbe.ini
Parameters are:
- game path
- dump path
- asset type
Notice now there must be no "data" or "patch" in the end of "game path".
Asset type can be "ebx", "res", "chunks" or "all". Anything else (or empty line) is considered as "all".

Then you need to run dump tool on all .TOC files from the game. You can do them one by one as there are not too many, or in a batch, but its important that you must first run it on all .TOC files from "patch" folder, then on all .TOC files from "data" folder.

Tool needs oo2core_8_win64.dll or oo2core_7_win64.dll, just rename it to oo2core_8_win64.dll

2. Edit the included FB_MAPS.INI file with paths to your dump.

The other 3 tools need this fb_maps.ini file with 2 parameters: paths to dumped bundles (ebx+res) and chunks.

3. Create database

Run fb_maps_anthem_db.exe tool once, it will scan whole dump for meshsets and blueprints, so later maps can be converted fast, without the need to go into whole tree of assets. This will take a few minutes. After that, 2 files will be created: bp.db & meshnames.txt, which need to stay in the same folder with EXE for main tool to work.

4. Export maps

Use fb_maps_anthem.exe (main map tool) to convert maps. Drop any EBX on it, use in command line with 1 parameter, or create a batch.

In addition to .ascii export with all baked meshes, it will create a text file with a list of all mesh instances and their 3x4 transform matrices. So if you like, you can make a script for your favourite editor or engine (3dmax, maya, blender, unity, unreal) and place all meshes as instances.

5. Terrain export

Same usage as swbf2 terrain:

Drop .TerrainStreamingTree on fb_terrain_anthem.exe or use command line.

It will export heightmap parts into "hmap" subfolder. As you can see on the pictures above, terrain in frostbite is saved in square parts of different size, organized in a tree-like structure. Some parts may be very detailed, while others not. Tool will only save highest detail level for each square and skip all lower LODs.

6. Mesh export tool

Fb_anthem.exe - this was also included to support the new way of dumping meshsets (no metadata in filename, its included inside file). It also saves exported .ascii/.smd files in the original directory tree. Skeletons will be expected in the tool folder, as before.
Do you think its possible to do that for Battlefield Hardline it will be insane! :O