Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

The Guild: Gold Edition audio files [.sbf]

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
Tlalo
ultra-n00b

The Guild: Gold Edition audio files [.sbf]

Post by Tlalo »

I am trying to extract the voice lines/sound effects from the game, but I just cannot get the right settings in VGMToolbox's GENH creator to get it to sound as anything more than noise. I am using the settings from viewtopic.php?p=52538 because they were the only ones I could find for the [.sbf] filetype.

I uploaded the game's sfx folder here, if anybody wants to test things:
https://mega.nz/folder/bTgVBZBZ#j7VRdGArl19Y8-D_SsS_lA

Would really appreciate any help.
DKDave
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: The Guild: Gold Edition audio files [.sbf]

Post by DKDave »

I've only tried it on a couple of your samples, but here's a QuickBMS script to extract the .wav files, which play fine in Fooba/vgmstream (they're MS IMA audio).
guild_sbf.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I see a vision rising, dreary, Fading in as children play twilight games, In the town called Ordinary, An eye of light reveals a gateway to doomsday
Tlalo
ultra-n00b

Post by Tlalo »

DKDave wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:10 am I've only tried it on a couple of your samples, but here's a QuickBMS script to extract the .wav files, which play fine in Fooba/vgmstream (they're MS IMA audio).

guild_sbf.zip
Thanks a lot friend. It works perfectly on most of the files but for some reason an "incomplete input file" error appears on some of them. I managed to find what I was searching for though, so I am just saying that for anyone else that may be interested.
Here is the whole error message: https://imgur.com/a/IfvsXAX

Thank you again, have a good one!
DKDave
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by DKDave »

I had a quick look at the one that didn't work and corrected my script. Hopefully it should be fine on all archives now.
guild_sbf.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I see a vision rising, dreary, Fading in as children play twilight games, In the town called Ordinary, An eye of light reveals a gateway to doomsday
Tlalo
ultra-n00b

Post by Tlalo »

DKDave wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:26 am I had a quick look at the one that didn't work and corrected my script. Hopefully it should be fine on all archives now.

guild_sbf.zip
Tried it out and no errors appeared. Works perfectly!