Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
EmreCan
ultra-n00b

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4

Post by EmreCan »

ArgentWings wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:45 pm It's been a pain in the ass trying to just be able to rip models from RDR2. I went through the unreasonably long process of downloading and installing the PC version of the game, only to look for a method or tool afterward and find that none exists for the PC version, only for the PS4 version, so then I had to uninstall and find a pkg of the PS4 version (which wasn't too difficult, but had yet another long download time).
Looked for the tool for a while, it was hard to find an actual link for it, had to use a different search engine because for some reason a few hide results that actually lead to what I was looking for.
More pain after that, as it's impossible to find a download of this tool without having to create new accounts, the DLs on multiple file hosts have been removed, most don't give a reason, some say "inactivity", and some say it's a harmful file.
Mediafire, for example, states "Dangerous File Blocked".
I made an account at Psxhax to download the file there, but it won't download, browser says "Failed - Virus detected".
For some reason, I wasn't able to find this thread until now despite looking on this site, when I found it I remembered I'd made an account here just in case, so I tried downloading the file here, but got the same result, "Failed - Virus detected".
Checked my anti-virus and it said it was detecting something called "Trojan:Win32/Generic!rfn" which is apparently a severe threat.
Well, is this serious? Should I risk turning off my antivirus for this, or just give up? What's the deal with this file?
Is there anywhere I can find a DL for this tool that isn't malware? Or any other method to extract models from RDR2?
Thanks in advance.
I got a virus warning too but its false positive.The owner of the tool has tons of helpful works and I've never seen a bad post about him, don't you think other people will complain like you if something is wrong?.It's up to you whether to use it or not.
Blednrman
ultra-n00b

Post by Blednrman »

I don't mean to bother anyone, but could someone please walk me through how to download and use the PKGEditor to extract the necessary files from the rdr2 pkg? I already have the pkg installed but I can't figure out how to extract anything from it or use the PKGEditor tool.
Blednrman
ultra-n00b

Post by Blednrman »

So I seem to have figured out how to get the ascii files and import them into Noesis, however, I noticed that all the models either have no skeleton at all or a very messed up one. Is this meant to happen or is there a way to get the proper bones?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

all models have proper bones
nightwolf1982
veteran

Post by nightwolf1982 »

Is there a way to match the hash codes from the parts text files to modelpack file names? For example, match the hash code 79DF4CCE to the corresponding modelpack?
Blednrman
ultra-n00b

Post by Blednrman »

Does anyone know where the landscape and/or building models are located? So far I have only been able to find character models.
Kunstprodukt
ultra-n00b

Post by Kunstprodukt »

Hi

Would someone be so kind and give download links for a plugin to open / convert
those .ascii files in 3ds max and noesis?

thank you!
Kunstprodukt
ultra-n00b

Post by Kunstprodukt »

Pretty please?
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Noesis plugin was posted with a few of my other tools, i dont remember which ones. Try ff7 thread, uncharted maps, or some big engines like unreal, frostbite.
Kunstprodukt
ultra-n00b

Post by Kunstprodukt »

daemon1 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:14 am Noesis plugin was posted with a few of my other tools, i dont remember which ones. Try ff7 thread, uncharted maps, or some big engines like unreal, frostbite.
ah thanks. will have a look. and these plugin is for .ascii files for rdr2 or?

hope i ll find it :D
zerlkung
ultra-n00b

Post by zerlkung »

Can i extract subtitle and font in rdr2 with tools sir?
neonvega
advanced

Post by neonvega »

will this tool work with Red Dead Online ? can anyone confirm?
Trophi Hunter
n00b

Post by Trophi Hunter »

Tool doesn't work with the dlc update stuff, @daemon1 could you add this to your tool, really wanted to get the MP stuff working too. PM if you need the files.
ThelQRD
ultra-n00b

Post by ThelQRD »

Hi! Could someone please explain how to get the weirdly neon colored rgb channel textures look normal?
I also for some reason can't open the dds files on any application.
Thanks in advance